Fire Safety Cigarettes

Bong-Man

I live with two smokers, Scooter. I know how disgusting it is.

Smoking however, IS NOT MOLESTATION. IT IS NOT MURDER. IT IS NOT RAPE. IT IS NOT RACISM. IT IS NOT SEXISM. Equating smoking with any of the above things is insulting to victims of those crimes. Can you comprehend THAT? Someone smoking around you is not tantamount to a stranger forcing themselves on you sexually. It is not tantamount to someone taking a knife and stabbing you to death. It is not tantamount to someone denying you a job or a house or forcing you to a separate part of a building because of the color of your skin. It is not tantamount to getting passed over for a promotion because you have XX chromosomes instead of XY.

You're not only disgusting, you're willfully ignorant. If you're taking this stand to be funny or to troll, you're sick. If you're taking this stand because you're serious, you're sick. Either way, the rest of us lose because you're flinging this crap at us.

Hey, as far a stranger forcing themselves on me sexually, I just may prefer that over a smoker, but that really depends on the stranger now doesn't it.

I don't know what your definition of murder is, but smoking does kill others who do not smoke.

Smoking is disgusting. Smokers are willfully ignorant.

I'm taking this stand against smoking much like a black person would take a stand against slavery. And as far your accusation of flinging crap at anyone, I try not making personal insults at or, as a good sport, hold a grudge against anyone on this site, regardless of what insulting things they may say about me. I'm giving my views on an issue. If I were to say that I hate people who are cruel to animals and it offends someone who beats his dog, their feelings about what I said are not my responsibility.

Hey, as far a stranger forcing themselves on me sexually, I just may prefer that over a smoker, but that really depends on the stranger now doesn't it.

Are. You. FUCKING. Serious? Being raped is a horrible experience for those who have went through it. Aside from the physical damage that is caused by the assault, it's something that traumatizes you psychologically for years. Does someone smoking near you cause you that much pain??? If it affects your little psyche that badly to be near a smoker, I have a suggestion for you: Move yourself from the situation. Pick up your little feet and walk on down the line, dude. It's not that hard.

Are. You. FUCKING. Serious? Being raped is a horrible experience for those who have went through it. Aside from the physical damage that is caused by the assault, it's something that traumatizes you psychologically for years. Does someone smoking near you cause you that much pain??? If it affects your little psyche that badly to be near a smoker, I have a suggestion for you: Move yourself from the situation. Pick up your little feet and walk on down the line, dude. It's not that hard.

EXACTLY Bonnie! I seriously have to question whether this Gospel Zone is serious or just playing us. I can't imagine such extremes as being genuine!

Oh and for the record, 25.2 percent of US citizens are smokers, and tobacco accounted for $81,747 US million of our GDP in 2009 so far.

We're not going away. Just give us our 25.2% of American soil (I say everything west of the Rockies, talk about a Continental Divide!), and the non-smokers can have the rest of the country. Now we can all sing Kumbaya. Problem solved. Next! :D

EXACTLY Bonnie! I seriously have to question whether this Gospel Zone is serious or just playing us. I can't imagine such extremes as being genuine!

Whether they are serious or trying to be funny to get people riled up, it doesn't really matter. To even equate smoking with rape or murder is just.......unconscionable. What kind of degenerate sense of humor do you have to have to even think of something like that, much less share it with people?

Whether they are serious or trying to be funny to get people riled up, it doesn't really matter. To even equate smoking with rape or murder is just.......unconscionable. What kind of degenerate sense of humor do you have to have to even think of something like that, much less share it with people?

Sadly, I've encountered more than one on these forums, but I am totally in agreement with you.

I'm taking this stand against smoking much like a black person would take a stand against slavery.

Just when I think you couldn't say anything more stupid...

You're trying way to hard to legitimize your initial foolish remarks, and in doing so only digging the hole deeper.

You'd have found a lot more respect and understanding with, "OK, I let my strong opinion about smoking overrule my common sense and made some idiotic remarks, my bad."

But instead you're stubbornly trying to justify and rationalize an entirely indefensible remark.

Recognize when you've fucked up, acknowledge it, and move on.

You're coming off like a 13 year old at this point.

Dude? I guess you haven't checked my profile or do you assume that all women belong to WUIA (Women Up In Arms). It's an organization for women who instead of actually doing something to get what they want out of life, sit around looking for a reason to blame men for their situation. They tend to latch on to politically incorrect comments and usually list men leaving the toilet seat up as one of their pet peeves.

Thank you for the suggestion though. In return I have a suggestion for you.......get a motorcycle. It may give you a whole new feeling of independence. It really does keep you in the moment.

P.S. I'm sort of flattered that you thought I was a guy!

She didn't think you were a dude. She was being sarcastic. A swing and a miss! :slapface:

Good call on the motorcycle though. Easier for the attractive rapist to get his hands on you. No nasty windows or doors. Long as he doesn't light one up when he's had his way, right? Cause THAT would be criminal!

You are aware that the word "dude" can be used for both sexes, right? I think if Bonnie is at the LEAST, marginally literate, she can see that underneath your join date to the left of your posts it says "female".

Very rarely do I ever agree with anything TypeO has to say, but I'd suggest you heed his advice. You're halfway to China already - quit digging.

Dude? I guess you haven't checked my profile or do you assume that all women belong to WUIA (Women Up In Arms). It's an organization for women who instead of actually doing something to get what they want out of life, sit around looking for a reason to blame men for their situation. They tend to latch on to politically incorrect comments and usually list men leaving the toilet seat up as one of their pet peeves.Thank you for the suggestion though. In return I have a suggestion for you.......get a motorcycle. It may give you a whole new feeling of independence. It really does keep you in the moment.P.S. I'm sort of flattered that you thought I was a guy!

No, I don't think you're a guy. Like Ev said, I was being sarcastic.

Truthfully I think you're either 1)someone who has neither seen nor experienced any potentially life-threatening situations in your life, and therefore has no idea the true horror; or 2)a complete moron.

Either way, I am done with you.

Very rarely do I ever agree with anything TypeO has to say, but I'd suggest you heed his advice.

It's a rare and magical time, when all those planets form perfect figure 8s in the galaxy, when the water spins in totally opposite directions as it goes down the drain, and Electro agrees with me.

I think it was a similar instance when Presence was recorded.

One Love, Liz. lulz. :P

That reminds me of an encounter with a smoker at a friends apartment earlier this year. I confronted someone smoking in the hall and because I had on my motorcycle gear, they responded by saying; "What about when I'm sitting in traffic and there's a biker revving up his engine in front of me and I'm breathing in all those fumes?"

I responded by saying; "They don't let me ride my bike in the hallway either."

I like the cut of your jib. And the way you have upset the natives here with just a few posts is masterful.

That has pleased me. :D

~665

I like the cut of your jib. And the way you have upset the natives here with just a few posts is masterful.

That has pleased me. :D

~665

You're invited to drive your gas-guzzling F-150 to join me for a drink tomorrow (cause you need to haul a trailer to work). Excuse me if I step out for some fresh air and light a butt! ;)

And for the record, I'm not upset nor impassioned by this little discourse. Certainly my use of comical hat gifs should have made it clear I'm lighthearted about the whole thing (potential executions notwithstanding)! Come on Del! Head out to Seal on a Sunday afternoon, and let's have a cold one! :beer:

You're invited to drive your gas-guzzling F-150 to join me for a drink tomorrow (cause you need to haul a trailer to work). Excuse me if I step out for some fresh air and light a butt! ;)

And for the record, I'm not upset nor impassioned by this little discourse. Certainly my use of comical hat gifs should have made it clear I'm lighthearted about the whole thing (potential executions notwithstanding)! Come on Del! Head out to Seal on a Sunday afternoon, and let's have a cold one! :beer:

I didn't mean you were upset Ev. I was commenting about the way others were getting upset by someone who had actually set them up to fly into their web. It's always comical and amusing to me.

Beer and steak... sounds tempting. :D

She didn't think you were a dude. She was being sarcastic. A swing and a miss! :slapface:

Good call on the motorcycle though. Easier for the attractive rapist to get his hands on you. No nasty windows or doors. Long as he doesn't light one up when he's had his way, right? Cause THAT would be criminal!

Oh, bring it on baby! What's ironic is the reactions that my joke was inappropriate. I'm sure the Ferdinand von Zeppelin family found that picture (on the album cover) of a zeppelin going down in flames very offensive and I don't see anyone giving a flying fuck about that! Not that I do either....nothing's that sacred.

Now it was a joke? :blink:

Sure didn't sound like it at the time. Anyway, I could give a flying fuck about this whole topic. It's been fun. See you in the funny papers. Watch those dark alleys. Not that I'm implying I would visit you. I'm happily spoken for, and not really that attractive. But I'm sure sooner or later you'll get lucky. Keep those kneepads in your saddlebags! :D

You have to be joking. I haven't ever been raped, but I know a girl who has and she is so scarred from it. I can't believe someone would be so insensitive. As for everything else I can't figure out how someone could be so ignorant. You have insulted a lot of people who are perfectly nice for no good reason.

Smoking isn't an automatic death sentence, though the anti smoking propagandists have convinced everyone it is.

Smoking is bad for you though. I suggest using an electronic cigarette. All the benefits, none of the negatives.

As far as fire safe cigarettes go, it's a bunch of BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't want to make too big a deal out of this, but I haven't smoked in 9 days. Kind of amazing actually, because I wasn't psyched up to do this at all.

Um, maybe 'they' should fuck with everyone's cigarettes ? :unsure:

It sure is strange having $50 bucks in your wallet on Monday, and still having $45 bucks on Wednesday. I'm not used to that.

I have a question though...does weed and tobacco contain any of the same carcinogens ? I mean, if I'm still smoking some occasional weed, is that at all physically satisfying my tobacco addiction/craving ? And yes, I'm being serious here.

Archived