Fire Safety Cigarettes

Bong-Man

And you're basing this on what?

So back on to relevant topics: How can you call smokers horrible people when you yourself add to something that is killing people as well? (that's where the hypocrisy card came into play ;) )

Relevant topics? You're the one who brought up the global warming B.S. and the people in China (or where ever the hell it was).

In the first place, even if smoking was totally harmless to the health of the smoker, it would still be selfishly rude to others. There's the smell, if you're smoking in an apartment your smoke is getting in your neighbors apartment and causing smoke damage (try comparing a smokers CD collection with a nonsmokers). It's not rocket science.

Some people have a zero tolerance for racism, some have a zero tolerance for sexism, etc. I say it's time for zero tolerance of smokers. People get knocked on their ass for doing things less rude than smoking.

Relevant topics? You're the one who brought up the global warming B.S. and the people in China (or where ever the hell it was).

As conservative as I am, not even I can deny the scintific data :rolleyes:

In the first place, even if smoking was totally harmless to the health of the smoker, it would still be selfishly rude to others. There's the smell,

So farting selfish? So cooking fish is selfish? So driving a car is selfish (some people hate the smell of gasoline)? Terrible argument.

if you're smoking in an apartment your smoke is getting in your neighbors apartment and causing smoke damage (try comparing a smokers CD collection with a nonsmokers). It's not rocket science.

And for those smokers that don't smoke indoors? :rolleyes:

Some people have a zero tolerance for racism, some have a zero tolerance for sexism, etc. I say it's time for zero tolerance of smokers. People get knocked on their ass for doing things less rude than smoking.

I argue for no tolerance of hypocrisy. You can't be a part of my club ;)

Day 16 without smokes. B)

I have to agree with the unusual turn. This certainly wasn't planned. I like to smoke, and money was never a concern. I was seriously contemplating going the 'roll your own' route. In another strange twist, Michigan just passed a public smoking law that takes effect May 1st....so I have some extra motivation to keep this up. I had one tough moment where I could have literally put my fist thru a cinder block wall, but that's about it. Now if I can just stay away from Ben & Jerry's, I'll be alright.

Most smokers are very loyal to their brands. I smoked Newports for over 25 years, quit for a year, and took up Marlboro Reds. I think I figured it would be easier to quit again if I smoked something else, especially non-menthol. It never worked out that way, and I honestly think Marlboros are harder to quit than other cigarettes. Apparently there is an additive that reacts with sugar, giving you a stronger urge to smoke, at least that's the rumor on the streets.

I have yet to meet anyone over 65 that smoked Newports. Anyone ? Seriously, I think they're all dead.

Fuggin' awesome, muh man!

I've never smoked (cigarettes), but it's pretty obvious it's difficult to quit.

Use that extra cash to treat yourself to some other (non-cigarette) smoking - lulz.

Congrats, it's gotta be a good feeling.

As conservative as I am, not even I can deny the scintific data :rolleyes:

Conservative....do you even know what the word means? I'd say, more like sheepish. This thread has been another example of how insults are hurled at those who dare to have an opinion that is not in sync with the other more frequent posters.

But then getting back to the subject, I'd rather pass by someone yelling obscenities and insults at me (and they often do) than someone smoking.

Conservative....do you even know what the word means? I'd say, more like sheepish. This thread has been another example of how insults are hurled at those who dare to have an opinion that is not in sync with the other more frequent posters.

But then getting back to the subject, I'd rather pass by someone yelling obscenities and insults at me (and they often do) than someone smoking.

Really ? Then listen close moron.....

GET THE HELL OFF OF MY THREAD !!

1210280434_f.jpg

You have nothing posaitive to offer. Here.....Play with this awhile

:slapface:

Ok, Let me rephrase: I am one of the most fiscally conservative you will ever meet. I consider myself a whole-hearted libertarian, that is I'm all for laissez-faire and for little government control in social aspects of life. I use conservative because that's what small-minded people hear when I talk about economics.

But what does this have to do with ANYTHING??? You've yet to answer any questions I've asked, just hurled insults (not that I haven't) and spouted random little bits about nothing. Seriously are we going to have an actual discussion or are you just going to pick small points of my arguments and insult them? if so, this is way too boring and I'm just wasting breath.

:slapface:

Ok, Let me rephrase: I am one of the most fiscally conservative you will ever meet. I consider myself a whole-hearted libertarian, that is I'm all for laissez-faire and for little government control in social aspects of life. I use conservative because that's what small-minded people hear when I talk about economics.

But what does this have to do with ANYTHING??? You've yet to answer any questions I've asked, just hurled insults (not that I haven't) and spouted random little bits about nothing. Seriously are we going to have an actual discussion or are you just going to pick small points of my arguments and insult them? if so, this is way too boring and I'm just wasting breath.

:hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

It's weird how these laws requiring fire-safe cigarettes got pushed through very quickly, very quietly. And now they're nationwide except for just a few states [sorry to our international Forum members for the U.S. bias here]! This secretive group calling itself the Coalition for Fire-Safe Cigarettes is apparently behind it all. Who are they? Damn if I know, or anyone knows. Scary how the few can impose their will on the many.

• 6 months later...

7 months....2 weeks....and two days.

I started smoking last Sunday. Not sure why either, but I think it had to do with the heat. As soon as that last heat wave came in I was literally shaking for a smoke. I made it until last Sunday's hydroplane races. Two shot of whiskey on top of the beer and I had a Marlboro Red in my mouth in no time. Tasted damn good too ! :slapface:

I know....try try again ! :(

7 months....2 weeks....and two days.

I started smoking last Sunday. Not sure why either, but I think it had to do with the heat. As soon as that last heat wave came in I was literally shaking for a smoke. I made it until last Sunday's hydroplane races. Two shot of whiskey on top of the beer and I had a Marlboro Red in my mouth in no time. Tasted damn good too ! :slapface:

I know....try try again ! :(

Yes indeed. At least you had a damn fine trial run at it, you know it can be done, and you know that you can do it for at least 7 months, two weeks, and two days. :yesnod: ... which is 7 months, 1 week, and 3 days or so better than I've ever managed yet. :bagoverhead:

Yes indeed. At least you had a damn fine trial run at it, you know it can be done, and you know that you can do it for at least 7 months, two weeks, and two days. yesnod.gif ... which is 7 months, 1 week, and 3 days or so better than I've ever managed yet. bagoverhead.gif

Yep, me too bagoverhead.giflaugh.gif

Archived