Jimmy Page

lzzoso

What do you think is Jimmy Page's most famous "trademark":

1. The Bow

2. The Theremin

3. His Sunburst Les Paul

4. His "Classic" DoubleNeck Guitar

5. His Famous World-Class Production

I know that Jimmy Page is known for these thing mentioned above and I am sure most of you can think of many more. What do you think?

I'd vote "yes, all five of the above"... biggrin.gif

But if being forced to pick just one, for me it would probably be the Les Paul in terms of the trademark that pops into my head most often in regards to him visually. Is the very reason I bought a brand new Les Paul myself once - because it was "Jimmy's guitar"...

However, I'd say his most timeless and important "trademark" would be #5 (his production of the songs and albums)! That's the "trademark" I'm most grateful for personally since it's largely the precise reason Zeppelin's music is so special to me sonically, structurally and creatively, relative to all other bands of it's time (or still today for that matter) wink.gif ...

slick production, wicked outfits, mystery, his abilty to rock out-eg black dog, chill out-eg thats the way jazz it up, eg no quarter, ho-down hotdog, blues me jimmy-you shook me-metal to the core-achillies, i could go on, you know what i mean, dudes amazing, i went to his house last night, lights were on but i dont think anyone was in, yeah like i would even knock on the door! oh and his ability to tour and record on heroine and banana dacaris-LEGEND

What about his Dragon Suit?

That is a good one. You could say that about most of Jimmy's stage clothes. The Black Dragon suit, his white suit, his SS StormTrooper suit and then his various suits he wore on the 1980's Over Europe tour.

All classic James Patrick Page.

1. The Bow

2. The Theremin

3. His Sunburst Les Paul

I know that Jimmy Page is known for these thing mentioned above and I am sure most of you can think of many more. What do you think?

I realize that I am replying to my own post, however, I realized that after I started this topic I forgot to include probably Jimmy Page's most famous "trademark". This trademark is actually a real "trademark". His ZOSO symbol (and the rest of Led Zeppelin's symbols).

In my opinion, Jimmy's ZOSO symbol is one of the most Powerful symbols of all-time. Again, of course, I must say that everyone of the symbols on Led Zeppelin's 4th album is what I consider the most Powerful symbols of all-time.

It is hard to pick between those - probably the double neck gibson.

What about the legendary ZOSO symbol, that is usually what I think of first.

You just beat my (re)post about Jimmy's ZOSO symbol by 8 minutes. Read my post that is right after yours and you will see that I completely and absolutely agree.

I blame the 12+ Budweisers I drank last night for me not initially listing Jimmy Page's ZOSO symbols as one of Jimmy's most famous trademarks. However, when I woke up this morning it dawned on me that I forgot this, what I would probably say is synonymous with Jimmy Page.

Jimmy Page = ZOSO, ZOSO = Jimmy Page.

I realize that I am replying to my own post, however, I realized that after I started this topic I forgot to include probably Jimmy Page's most famous "trademark". This trademark is actually a real "trademark". His ZOSO symbol (and the rest of Led Zeppelin's symbols).

In my opinion, Jimmy's ZOSO symbol is one of the most Powerful symbols of all-time. Again, of course, I must say that everyone of the symbols on Led Zeppelin's 4th album is what I consider the most Powerful symbols of all-time.

Hello Everyone!

All of these that everyone has mentioned are his great trademarks, but if I had to pick the number one it would be:

His RIFFS- you can listen to everyone of their live concerts and the songs were just a little different while being the same. He took their songs and created these most magnificent riffs! I still have not to this day seen/heard anyone that could just take a song in so many different directions.The man was brilliant musically and IMHO will NEVER be imitated.

I realize I started this topic less than 24 hours ago and buzzed on 12+ Budweisers (not Bud Lite) but I think that so far there has been some really good replies. (For the record, I am right now on my 10th Budweiser). Anyway, like I initially posted, I knew there were other "trademarks" that you, the Ocean, would come up with.

1. ZOSO symbol: Which I seemed to forget about in my "buzzed" state. Very Powerful and definately eye-catching. Probably my pick for this topic that I started. Again, Jimmy's trademark is a" Trademark" (literally). Will not forgive myself for missing this one. Oh well. My Bad!

2. Jimmy's Dragon suit: Classsic Jimmy.

3. Riffs and Guitar style/skills: After all James Patrick Page is first and foremost a Guitar Player. THE GUITAR PLAYER! Very Powerful and most Influential.

4. Swan Song logo: Again, another Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin Powerful image.

What else is there? It may not even have to be in the category of "most famous trademark". Just anything that comes to mind when thinking about, reading about, or just listening to the music of this Living Legend.

JAMES PATRICK PAGE.

1) Image wise: onstage between 73-77, Les Paul or Double Neck slung low, greasy with sweat, & cigarette dangling from his mouth.

2) Guitar playing: Hard riffs (example "Heartbreaker"), beautiful multi-layered guitars in unison (example "Ten Years Gone"), macabre effects (example "In The Evening"), unorthodox tunings (example "Kashmir"), & light and shade (example "Stairway To Heaven).

3) Production: It's always a "sound" experience whether it's the middle part of "Whole Lotta Love", the backwards echo of "You Shook Me", the drums of "In My Time Of Dying", or all 3 of those combined as on "When The Levee Breaks". "When The Levee Breaks" is Page's "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys or "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles. It's just perfect.

1. The Bow

2. The Theremin

3. His Sunburst Les Paul

454714.jpg

For the World... Jimmy's most famous trademark is:

1. The double-neck Electric Gibson Guitar

2. The "ZOSO" Rune

3. The Raised Violin bow

For Me.... It's:

JPstatue.jpg

1. The Sunburst Les Paul

2. The Raised Violin Bow

3. The "ZOSO" Rune

Archived