Zeppelin still looking for a singer?

Blagnarok

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I really just got on this forum to ask this one question. Is Led Zeppelin still looking for a lead singer?

If so, how do you get in touch with them if you have serious vocal talent?

I mean, this might sound kinda dumb, but lets say that for the past 4 or 5 years I have been training my voice as if it was an instrument, and have slowly reached the point where I can mimic almost any vocalist just about perfectly... even Robert Plant. How would I get someone from the band to hear a sample of my vocals?

Are they even looking for an extremely talented singer anymore, or is everyone hoping for a Zeppelin reformation just going to be let down?

I'm only asking this because I CAN sing just like Robert Plant, even though you may not believe it. I would love to be able to put in my two weeks at work and tell them I'm leaving to join Led Zeppelin.

:)

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I really just got on this forum to ask this one question. Is Led Zeppelin still looking for a lead singer?

I mean, this might sound kinda dumb, but lets say that for the past 4 or 5 years I have been training my voice as if it was an instrument, and have slowly reached the point where I can mimic almost any vocalist just about perfectly... even Robert Plant. How would I get someone from the band to hear a sample of my vocals?

Are they even looking for an extremely talented singer anymore, or is everyone hoping for a Zeppelin reformation just going to be let down?

I'm only asking this because I CAN sing just like Robert Plant, even though you may not believe it. I would love to be able to put in my two weeks at work and tell them I'm leaving to join Led Zeppelin.

smile.gif

Truth is this forum was lauched in the hopes of seeing a post like yours. I'm sure Peter Mensch, Jimmy's manager, will contact you immediately to arrange rehearsals. In the unlikely event he doesn't the preferred method to deliver a demo to Jimmy is to chuck it over the fence. An alternative method would be to post some You Tube clips as we can't wait to hear someone mimic Robert Plant. How's your Burt Bacharach?

Hi everyone, ..... I would love to be able to put in my two weeks at work and tell them I'm leaving to join Led Zeppelin.

....Hi...there are many duplications of your "idea" in many posts in this Forum, welcome and look around,...but alas...no one has been able to Turn Page so far...

An alternative method would be to post some You Tube clips as we can't wait to hear someone mimic Robert Plant. How's your Burt Bacharach?

You never know what may happen if you post a uTube. Thats how Journey found their new singer, Arnel, who sounds like Steve Perry.

BTW, welcome to the forum Blagnarok.

Truth is this forum was lauched in the hopes of seeing a post like yours. I'm sure Peter Mensch, Jimmy's manager, will contact you immediately to arrange rehearsals. In the unlikely event he doesn't the preferred method to deliver a demo to Jimmy is to chuck it over the fence. An alternative method would be to post some You Tube clips as we can't wait to hear someone mimic Robert Plant. How's your Burt Bacharach?

Hi Thanks for the positive posting. Not sure who Burt Bacharach is, but given time I can match any vocalist I'm sure. The fact is I don't really have the equipment or desire to post a youtube clip. I had a new computer a few months ago that I was setting up for recording purposes, but I think the power supply blew and I haven't taken it to the store for repairs yet. (Well I think it's the power supply because I havent' taken it in yet, could be the processor blew - edit.) I would be willing to do some vocals over the phone if Zeppelin were interested. Not sure it would be very good fidelity, but what the hell? I'm sure it would translate well enough. Thanks,

Nate

Don't get your hopes up, Nate. sad.gif

Jimmy apparently will not play without Robert, and Robert has said that he is not interested at this time. John Paul Jones and Jason are currently occupied with their own projects and are not available. They tried out a few singers a year or so ago and apparently Jimmy nixed the idea, as no one can take the place of Robert.

It is great to have dreams and goals. smile.gif Keep dreaming big. If you dream it, you can make it happen. (Only Jimmy stands in your way.) Good Luck to you!

And welcome to the forum.

You should go back and read some of the threads in the news section and in the master forum section about the guys trying out a few singers. Then you will understand what we are talking about.

The lead singer will always be Robert Plant. You should stay a while and enjoy the many educational and fun conversations here

No idea, and most of us loyal die hard fans would never invade on any of LZ members privacy even if we did somehow know how to reach them.

Your confidence is great, but Robert's voice is not one to be imitated. You might sound close, but he is one of a kind vocally.

Don't give up on your dreams. Keep moving forward...find a way to post on You Tube and you never know?

Welcome to the forum

I don't think Nate is a serious poster. ;)

Actually, I am a serious poster. I guess it's a little too much to believe someone else can sing like Robert Plant. Actually, even he can't sing like his old self anymore... not sure why Jimmy wouldn't want a younger fresh voice.

Actually, I am a serious poster. I guess it's a little too much to believe someone else can sing like Robert Plant. Actually, even he can't sing like his old self anymore... not sure why Jimmy wouldn't want a younger fresh voice.

So you're seriously thinking it's only the "voice" which makes Robert Plant a great singer?

Like Elvis Presley before him, Robert Plant has been imitated by thousands. Anyway, chuck your demo over the wall. It's either going to be you or Lenny Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJiVPt-KRQ&feature=fvw

No,but Aerosmith may be.....

Tyler Not Quitting Aerosmith

Posted by Sarah Rodman Boston Globe November 11, 2009

Joe Perry hinted the other day that Aerosmith might replace Steven Tyler after the lead singer said he was going to focus "brand Tyler". If that was a tactic to get Tyler to commit to Aerosmith, it worked.

Tyler was a surprise guest at the Joe Perry Project show at the Fillmore in New York last night. According to Rolling Stone online, Tyle rportedly came out and said that he wasn't leaving the band, adding "Joe Perry, you are a man of many colors. But I, (expletive), am the rainbow!" He then sang lead on "Walk This Way."

Later, TMZ caught up with the two separately and each confirmed that Tyler was staying put.

Like Elvis Presley before him, Robert Plant has been imitated by thousands. Anyway, chuck your demo over the wall. It's either going to be you or Lenny Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJiVPt-KRQ&feature=fvw

Wow did those guys have nice hair or what B) . Not a bad song though. My wife loves 80's music...it is one of those things on which we have vastly different opinions. I think it was a horrible decade for music for the most part.

Nice video, Steve A. Jones. Lenny Wolf would fit in perfectly with Zeppelin. Is he really thinking about singing with them? That would kick ass.

Anyway, I went out and got a cheapo $4.00 microphone at the computer shop and recorded some of my vocals. I've done no production to this, just recorded it with the sound recorder that comes with windows XP. It's poor quality and has no background music, but maybe you can get the point. These are not good recordings, but let me know what you think about the vocals anyway.

http://www.4shared.c...sBad_Times.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/152316399/28261268/StairwaytoHeaven.html

Nice video, Steve A. Jones. Lenny Wolf would fit in perfectly with Zeppelin. Is he really thinking about singing with them? That would kick ass.

Anyway, I went out and got a cheapo $4.00 microphone at the computer shop and recorded some of my vocals. I've done no production to this, just recorded it with the sound recorder that comes with windows XP. It's poor quality and has no background music, but maybe you can get the point. These are not good recordings, but let me know what you think about the vocals anyway.

http://www.4shared.c...sBad_Times.html

cowell.jpg

...how's your Burt Bacharach?

So you've trained yourself to sound like (which is not the same as "sing as well as") any singer, and now you want to sing to Jimmy Page down the phone, because he'll recognize right off that you sound like just what he's looking for, which is someone who sounds exactly like Robert Plant aged 20, which is you? Okaaaaay . . .

So you've trained yourself to sound like (which is not the same as "sing as well as") any singer, and now you want to sing to Jimmy Page down the phone, because he'll recognize right off that you sound like just what he's looking for, which is someone who sounds exactly like Robert Plant aged 20, which is you? Okaaaaay . . .

Wow, man you sure have me figured out. Thanks for the enlightening input.

Tyler Not Quitting Aerosmith

Posted by Sarah Rodman Boston Globe November 11, 2009

Joe Perry hinted the other day that Aerosmith might replace Steven Tyler after the lead singer said he was going to focus "brand Tyler". If that was a tactic to get Tyler to commit to Aerosmith, it worked.

Tyler was a surprise guest at the Joe Perry Project show at the Fillmore in New York last night. According to Rolling Stone online, Tyle rportedly came out and said that he wasn't leaving the band, adding "Joe Perry, you are a man of many colors. But I, (expletive), am the rainbow!" He then sang lead on "Walk This Way."

Later, TMZ caught up with the two separately and each confirmed that Tyler was staying put.

Despite the fact that my original comment was a joke,thanks for the update.

"Led Zeppelin" is looking for a new lead singer? I hadn't realized they'd lost one! I know they lost a drummer (God bless ya Bonzo), but I'd no idea they'd lost a singer! Oh dear Robert, didn't you get the text?

Here's a twig: If Bonham's crossed over to Rock and Roll Heaven, and Plant has a life and career of his own, who's this Led Zeppelin that's scrounging for a vocalist? So much for the four lads.

What's next, "Plant and Jones seek replacement for Page: Led Zeppelin seeks New Blood"?

This is the reason this smiley is at the top of the list! > :slapface:

Archived