MSNBC makes FOX truly look "fair and Balanced"

The problem is that in the US healthcare(health insurance and pharmacuticals primarily) is a for-profit industry, and is already heavily regulated and is being positioned to be even more so. And it's the players with the profit motive(insurance and drug companies) that are the driving influence behind the legislation already in place and also being proposed, not the consumers. Quality of care is the last thing these people care about. They are proposing such ridiculous things as penalties for those who cannot afford insurance!(yeah take more of what they know you don't have any of). Preventive care will be one of the first things denied to all but those who can afford to pay for it. When insurance company profits dictate what type of care you will recieve(wait it's like that already..they want to make it even more so)as opposed to what is best for you what do you think the end result will be?

I think you're wrong about that, this bill is exactly for those people who can't afford health insurance at all.

I guess it begs the philisophical question "does everyone deserve healthcare?". The knee jerk reaction is 'Yes, of course" but you gotta pay the piper or he'll steal your kids. Doctors etc deserve to be paid well for what they do(lobbyists and money changers do NOT! Insurance is a scam and laws requiring it are the epitome of evil people doing evil things for personal gain), and research etc is expensive. The current system in the US is a stop gap measure to stave off socialized medicine(why some find that so distasteful I have no idea, they shout about how everyone deserves care but refuse to put the only entity capable of providing it in charge). The way I see it, it's either government healthcare or you get what you can pay for. The current system is going to implode resulting in financial ruin for millions of people, not to mention the health of the vast majority(poor) of the population.

It's a mess and I'm glad nobody is looking to me to fix it!

Ahah, well I guess I can agree with that. I think it's a good bill but you know I guess it's up to America to decide.

Are you kidding?

Health may be a basic need,but make no mistake,it's also a business.

...and people in the health business are just as concerned about the bottom line as anyone.

True, that's why it's up to the government to come up with an alternative that it isn't.

True, that's why it's up to the government to come up with an alternative that it isn't.

Trying to limit healthcare isn't going to be a good alternative. It'll just lead to people not getting treated for other reasons like they aren't healthy enough or they are at too much of a risk for something. Their lives won't be worth getting treated. They think they can pay for everything by just cutting away extra spending. That's stupid because that illegal spending is illegal for a reason, and most of it will be impossible to cut through. What they will have to do is just cut people from getting certain types of healthcare.

They don't want to make healthcare cheaper, they want more control over it because healthcare is where you can control people the most quickly. That's why every country likes controlling healthcare, it doesn't really work that good but they can tell people what medicine to take or not and in effect how long you can live. The doctors and patients won't decide anything it'll be the bottom line.