What's Jimmy Been Up To?

Reggie29

Jimmy has flown under the radar for some time now and except for the occasional appearance has gone relatively unnoticed.

In recent months he has played with JPJ and The Foo's, formed part of the London Olympic performance, inducted Jeff Beck into RRHOF and promoted a little documentary he featured in with a couple of other guitarists.

During this time JPJ has formed / joined, recorded and toured TCV.

Somewhere in between JP said he had a project happening this December.

Ross Halfin has written about a photo shoot with Jimmy for "something new" in January.

What could this be?

New Music

Live Gigs

Ahmet's DVD

Or Just Another Magazine Layout

http://rosshalfin.co...vember-2009.php

Ross Halfin has written about a photo shoot with Jimmy for "something new" in January.

What could this be?

http://rosshalfin.co...vember-2009.php

If Elvis were still alive, he would turn 75 years old on January 8, 2010. So the party plans are starting with several events planned to commemorate the date, including a CD package, special concerts at Graceland in Memphis, and a Cirque du Soleil tribute show.

Note the Presley song 'Baby Let's Play House' is cited by Jimmy as being his inspiration to play the guitar!

If Elvis were still alive, he would turn 75 years old on January 8, 2010. So the party plans are starting with several events planned to commemorate the date, including a CD package, special concerts at Graceland in Memphis, and a Cirque du Soleil tribute show.

Note the Presley song 'Baby Let's Play House' is cited by Jimmy as being his inspiration to play the guitar!

I didn't know that would have been his birthday. Also it is the day the movie is out in the UK. I had wondered if those two things (the movie and what Ross said were linked), because I remembered that Jimmy was one of the assoicate producers.

I didn't know that would have been his birthday. Also it is the day the movie is out in the UK. I had wondered if those two things (the movie and what Ross said were linked), because I remembered that Jimmy was one of the assoicate producers.

I discuss the photo above Jimmy's jukebox in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread...and Jimmy's 66th birthday is the next day (Jan 9th)...

I discuss the photo above Jimmy's jukebox in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread...and Jimmy's 66th birthday is the next day (Jan 9th)...

Yes I did know that it is Jimmy's birthday the next day. I am happy that it is being discussed. Lots of coicedences. :D I will take a look. Thank you.

If Ross was just talking about the UK cinema release with his comments and Elvis photo I will be very disappointed even though I am delighted to get a chance, finally, to see the film on a big screen. Still hopeful we will see Mr Page doing something with his guitar other than pose for pictures (no matter how amazing he looks doing so).

If Ross was just talking about the UK cinema release with his comments and Elvis photo I will be very disappointed even though I am delighted to get a chance, finally, to see the film on a big screen. Still hopeful we will see Mr Page doing something with his guitar other than pose for pictures (no matter how amazing he looks doing so).

...I think it will happen as you suggest, both Robert and Jimmy are deeply connected to The King in their musical journey ..and then again, this is once in a lifetime opportunity to show love and affection for their Idol and (Ours!)...and this is parallel to Led Zeppelin Legacy - great Social contribution to be remembered forever. I don't think Jimmy would be uncomfortable at all, probably delighted and every reason to feel accomplished a great dream..... :)

...I am sorry I hardly read Ross's Diary...irrelevant, but I always think that Robert and Jimmy should have done this long time ago...still there is time...I hope so...

:)

...I think it will happen as you suggest, both Robert and Jimmy are deeply connected to The King in their musical journey ..and then again, this is once in a lifetime opportunity to show love and affection for their Idol and (Ours!)...and this is parallel to Led Zeppelin Legacy - great Social contribution to be remembered forever. I don't think Jimmy would be uncomfortable at all, probably delighted and every reason to feel accomplished a great dream..... :)

...I am sorry I hardly read Ross's Diary...irrelevant, but I always think that Robert and Jimmy should have done this long time ago...still there is time...I hope so...

:)

Well, there might be something in this story from the Independent newspaper Preparation for Elvis's 75th birthday, which I posted yesterday in another thread.

Well, there might be something in this story from the Independent newspaper Preparation for Elvis's 75th birthday, which I posted yesterday in another thread.

..tks for posting this link...yeah, looks like there are couple possibilities for live performance, Concerts, and Circus Show...

here is another glimpse into the Circus show/Vegas,

Viva Elvis, Las Vegas - Cirque Du Soleil Official Site:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/viva-elvis/show.aspx

P.S. Hint, Hint, Jimmy has done a full Olympics Show before..

oh..."as long as you are young at heart" "HE" says, well Mr. Page, we are ready, and you appear to be happy and healthy...Qualified!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-XVscVL5A&feature=related

There are published quotes from Jimmy concerning the impact of hearing this song for the first time. It was a very edgy song for it's time - 'Baby, Let's Play House'. I'd say Elvis was an early inspiration for him as well as Robert to rock, Moore an early influence upon Jimmy's approach to the guitar.

So far as I know Jimmy Page and Scotty Moore have only met once:

July 13, 1999 Gibson Guitars, 21 Denmark Street, London

"An Evening With Scotty Moore"...new office and product launch for the Scotty Moore signature guitar ( ES-295)

Jimmy playing at Gracelands would be awesome, especially if he teams up with Robert to belt out Elvis tunes.

Even if it is a celebration of Elvis' (and Jimmy's) birthday, it's not what I would call a "new" project.

The Zeppelin mystique is alive and well with TCV (the best kept secret in Rock Music History) and Jimmy always plays his cards close to his chest so I'm hopeful that he remained productive.

Surely he has been playing and recording?

I guess we'll all find out in the New Year.

• 1 month later...

It would be cool to have any unreleased Elvis covers (that Led Zeppelin may have been recorded at Soundchecks released) or for Robert and Jimmy to do something like perfom at Graceland to honor Elvis.

R:)

For some reason last night I was thinking about what direction Page was going in with his new album, and I was hoping he might form a power trio - maybe even go all out instrumental. Then, the name Glenn Hughes (of Deep Purple Mk III & IV) came to mind. I thought it would be a perfect fit - a bass player who is also a great singer.

So today I Googled "Jimmy Page Glenn Hughes", and sure enough there are some rumors out there. The headline that stood out was "Glenn Hughes announces he is the singer in a new supergroup".

So - I could be obviously be very wrong, but I have a feeling Jimmy Page's new band is Jimmy, Jason Bonham, and Glenn Hughes.

If I'm right, this could be an amazing combo.

If I'm wrong, it doesn't matter. Whatever Page does is fine with me as long as he does SOMETHING.

This was on Blabbermouth today but I couldn't find any info on the site the link provided. It's in the UK so maybe better luck for people living there.

"New JIMMY PAGE Interview To Air On PLANET ROCK - Jan. 16, 2010"

Blabbermouth link: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133511

Planet Rock link: http://www.planetrock.com/

Archived