Jimmy Page to Perform In Brazil

SteveAJones

scooped by a pretty girl. so much for having "inside information" I can use google too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brspled, on 25 November 2009 - 01:42 AM, said:

I, for myself, think that the odds of Jimmy spending the next weekend in Brazil are bigger than he taking part on any supergroup.

SteveAJones, on 25 November 2009 - 02:06 AM, said:

If he sees your recent picture I'd say it's guarenteed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...She knows that I know and I know that she knows...so you see, Festering Gob, all you scoop is poop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brspled, on 25 November 2009 - 01:42 AM, said:

I, for myself, think that the odds of Jimmy spending the next weekend in Brazil are bigger than he taking part on any supergroup.

SteveAJones, on 25 November 2009 - 02:06 AM, said:

If he sees your recent picture I'd say it's guarenteed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...She knows that I know and I know that she knows...so you see, Festering Gob, all you scoop is poop

well that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, might be amusing to a 6 year old is about all I can say about it. All I know for certain is that she had info on a Page appearance well in advance of you, I think everyone can agree on that.

trying to insinuate that that exchange was anything more than yet another attempt to flirt with that girl is really, really pathetic

OK. SAJ didn't know about it, I did, but I wasn't allowed to post anything before it was on the news, so let's end it up here, OK? I hope Jimmy comes to Brazil, his support for the children in need here is very important, way more important than who knew it or who didn't. Most of all information on LZ is on the net anyway, all you have to do is to know how to search. Some people are more proficient in this task than others. That's all. But, yes, the board has some insiders, I know two of them in person. And I know I can trust these two people. B)

Oh, I don't think jimmy will perform, but I sure hope he'll be there. :D

OK. SAJ didn't know about it, I did, but I wasn't allowed to post anything before it was on the news, so let's end it up here, OK? I hope Jimmy comes to Brazil, his support for the children in need here is very important, way more important than who knew it or who didn't. Most of all information on LZ is on the net anyway, all you have to do is to know how to search. Some people are more proficient in this task than others. That's all. But, yes, the board has some insiders, I know two of them in person. And I know I can trust these two people. B)

Oh, I don't think jimmy will perform, but I sure hope he'll be there. :D

Fico contente pelos fans brasileiros! É verdade que o Brasil é muito grande e provavelmente nem todos podem ir ao Rio, mas são boas noticias de facto. Quem me dera que ele pudesse vir a Portugal também. :P

P.S. I hope it's not against the rules speaking in a foreign language but I couldn't pass this opportunity to speak to someone who shares the same language as me, anyway I'm basically congratulating the Brazilians and wishing that Jimmy would also visit Portugal.

Fico contente pelos fans brasileiros! É verdade que o Brasil é muito grande e provavelmente nem todos podem ir ao Rio, mas são boas noticias de facto. Quem me dera que ele pudesse vir a Portugal também. tongue.gif

P.S. I hope it's not against the rules speaking in a foreign language but I couldn't pass this opportunity to speak to someone who shares the same language as me, anyway I'm basically congratulating the Brazilians and wishing that Jimmy would also visit Portugal.

...he went on holiday to Portugal in August '83 and returned in July '87 to purchase a custom guitar from Serhor Gracio at his factory in Lisbon...why not....

smile.gif

...he went on holiday to Portugal in August '83 and returned in July '87 to purchase a custom guitar from Serhor Gracio at his factory in Lisbon...why not....

smile.gif

Really? I had no idea. Where do you get this information from? Just kidding :D but wow! Anyway, I was only born in 86, but yeah I hope he can visit Portugal more often, even if it's just in holiday.

Just read this: Casa Jimmy Page

It's in Portuguese though.

So Jimmy was there but didn't perform, at one point the brazilian guitarists tried to get him into a jam of "when My Guitar Gently weeps" but Jimmy declined.

But the most important thing is that he WAS there to support the charity, which meant loads to the homeless children and a lot of other people in Rio.

Portuguese to English translationShow romanization

This weekend was a wonderful event you'd like to share with you. It was a day of good quality rock in the presence of the living legend Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.

Well, the greatest guitarist of all time Jimmy Page did not play any music, as the press had announced, but the rock rolled quality at the British School in the Rock Festival charity event for the Jimmy House on Saturday November 28.

The band started aggregates the afternoon with a beautiful presentation of the classic Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker" with an excellent portrayal of the young guitarist, who did very well in the soil and made beautiful before the master.

Soon after came on stage the national attractions announced: George Israel (sax Comeback Kid) and guitarist Pepeu Gomes, right off the bat they played "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix and success fender "Ska" which led the crowd to frenzy.

Other bands composed of students of the British School attended the event and realized that Jimmy enjoyed the cover of "Kaleidoscope", the Paralamas, shaking his head in the VIP area.

During the interval there was a cocktail that has served well over 300 people who attended the party. To this day I surprise myself with people who credit the only Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven", when this band has a legacy as rich.

All the money the festival has a noble destiny, the maintenance of "Casa Jimmy", a welfare institution located in Santa Teresa which gives shelter to children and pregnant adolescents of low income. In 2006 I visited the "Casa Jimmy" and I could see how the work is serious. Children and adolescents are housed in a pleasant atmosphere, comfort and especially with much care and dedication given by volunteers who work at Casa Jimmy, it shows how much the idol of many making a difference in a poor community of the City Maravilhosa.IMG_0042 When witnessed examples such as Jimmy Page, we realize the great value not only to store possessions, success, status and power, is also reaching out to others and there is no greater reward than to hear the "thank you" echoing those children's voices grateful to have made $ 100.00 on a ticket.

George Israel was a kind of host of the night, accompanied by children who, without such nepotism, deserved to be there for the talent and competence. With the challenge of facing a crowd that expected to see the legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist playing, Pepeu Gomes showed plenty of character and did not let the ball drop, showing that Brazil also know much about guitar.

Organizers said the event would play a music legend. Although Israel has tried to bring Jimmy on stage doing a jam of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by the Beatles, with much improvisation, but Jimmy did not play, at that time neither hinders nor thought that the stage was full of musicians, organizers and children institution.

Twenty people who bought the ticket ($ 100 up and $ 200 in the VIP area) were drawn with posters autographed by Jimmy, and a legion of fans trying to get autographs on albums, books and guitars became stranded. There was good reason at the end of the event the nice Jimmy Page took the stage and began an auction of autographed posters with the name of the person who bought the device that came to be sold for 2 mil reais.

For the next day the gang of volunteers from the Task Brazil was hosting a BBQ at Casa Jimmy, a tremendous opportunity for fans savored a lunch at the side of a real dinosaur of rock and thereby cause the House to continue the Jimmy beautiful relief work.

Upon leaving some people were disappointed because they would like to see the rock legend's guitar wielding, not this time, but who knows now that Jimmy Page is more Brazilian than ever, we will have other opportunities for that to happen and still contribute to the world best help the team as competent House Jimmy?

The band started aggregates the afternoon with a beautiful presentation of the classic Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker" with an excellent portrayal of the young guitarist, who did very well in the soil and made beautiful before the master.

To do very well in the soil and make/be made beautiful before the master.. that's what everybody wants..right?

Jimmy at the British School in Rio, Nov 28 2009

credit: Marcelo Pinta

Jimmy makes me happy and sad at the same time. I can't help read into his body language and what there is to hear of his statements. On this occasion he gives me no reason to expect new music.

I'm really pleased to see his long term commitment to this charity.

Jimmy at the British School in Rio, Nov 28 2009

credit: Marcelo Pinta

That's a cool link, -deh. :) It's really good to see Jimmy involved in such a worthy cause. I think it was gracious of him not to take the stage with a guitar in hand. He casts a long musical shadow as it is, and the young people performing deserve their own spotlight.

97502971.jpg

Ex-guitarrista da banda inglesa "Led Zeppelin", Jimmy Page participou de um evento beneficente, no Rio de Janeiro, no sábado (28).

O lendário músico foi assistir a uma apresentação do também guitarrista Pepeu Gomes e do saxofonista do "Kid Abelha", George Israel, na Escola Britânica, unidade da Urca.

O show servirá para levantar fundos para a Casa Jimmy, entidade que Page mantém em Santa Teresa, bairro localizado no centro da cidade, e que auxilia jovens carentes e adolescentes grávidas.

Archived