Christmas Movies

a clockwork tangerine

Hi everyone! Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to start preparing for Christmas. (I can't believe it's here already!) To get in the Christmas spirit I always watch Christmas movies and TV shows because they bring back a feeling of nostalgia. So, what are your favorite Christmas movies? :santa:

My favorite Christmas movies:

Holiday Inn (1942)

Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

A Christmas Story (1983)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

Home Alone (1990)

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

My favorite Christmas TV shows/specials:

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town (1970)

The Year without a Santa Claus (1974)

Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)

A Garfield Christmas (1987)

Miracle on 34th Street

White Christmas

A Christmas Carol (the version with Alistair Sim playing Scrooge)

We watch White Christmas every Christmas Eve. It's tradition. We watch it, drink hot chocolate and eat Christmas cookies. I think we started doing that when my sister was 4.

We watch the 24 hours of "Christmas Story" on TBS, Ralphie's quest for an "Official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compus in the stock and this thing which tells time", but everyone tells him "You'll shot your eye out". It's a family favorite and we have the leg lamp string of lights for our tree. My personal favorite is "It's A Wonderful Life". I always cry at the end when Clarence gets his wings. I really love Jimmy Stewart in this movie.

Hi everybody! :wave: My all-time favorites are:

• A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart one) (&the Albert Finney one) (& Mr. Magoo one) (I've never seen the Alistair Sim one, I'm sure it's excellent!)
  • A Christmas Story
  • It's A Wonderful Life
  • Miracle On 34th Street

--------❖--------

patrick-stewart.jpgCC21.jpgA_Christmas_Carol_05.jpg

I love Christmas movies; pretty much any/all

Home Alone I and II

Christmas Vacation

The Santa Clause

Charlie Brown Christmas

The Grinch (both)

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

It's a Wonderful Life

Christmas with the Cranks

Miracle on 34th St.

And it's not a kids' movie, but I always watch Love Actually a few times too ;)

I love a "Christmas Story" especially the scene where the father "weaves a tapestry of obscenities" and the fudge... "changing the tire" scene.

My second favourite would be the original "A Christmas Carol" because of the memories of watching it with my family as a kid...good times!

It's A Wonderful Life.

I always get teary-eyed when all the people are bringing the money into the house and George realizes how many people care about him.

Man you just posted my reply damn near word for word! I need that movie every year. It's not Christmas until I've popped it in the DVD player! Perfect tree trimming or lazing about being cozy movie! :beer: (pretend it's a hot toddy!) ;)

- Well, I-I suppose twenty dollars.

- Twenty dollars. Now you're talking.

Gets me every time!

Has anyone noticed that the name's of the cop and the taxi driver in It's a Wonderful Life is Bert and Ernie. The same name as the muppet buddies Bert and Ernie.

Only a co-wink-ki-dink though.

The mystery lives on!

Wiki:

Characters named Bert and Ernie appear in the film It's a Wonderful Life as a policeman and a taxi driver, respectively, but those behind Sesame Street claim that it's merely a coincidence. Jerry Juhl, a writer on many Henson-related projects, said that "Despite his many talents, Jim had no memory for details like this. He knew the movie, of course, but would not have remembered the cop and the cabdriver". Karolyn Grimes, the actress who played Zuzu Bailey, has publicly claimed that the two Muppets were named after the characters "because the movie was Jim Henson's favorite".

Hi all! I definitely hear ya, on all of the above flicks! :beer:

Here are my favorite scenes and quotes:

0716091246.jpg

--------✑--------

"Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did NOT die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; ... for his own heart laughed; and that was quite enough for him...And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!"

The End

~Charles Dickens

--------✑--------

Camping047.jpg

Archived