Christmas Movies

a clockwork tangerine

Hi all! I definitely hear ya, on all of the above flicks! :beer:

Here are my favorite scenes and quotes:

0716091246.jpg

--------✑--------

"Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did NOT die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; ... for his own heart laughed; and that was quite enough for him...And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!"

The End

~Charles Dickens

--------✑--------

Camping047.jpg

How could I forget this one :slapface:

:yesnod:

That's why I prefer the cartoon over the movie version. It just isn't the Grinch without Boris!

I've always thought Tim Curry would be the ulimate Grinch! Jim Carrey...meh <_<

Karloff's narration is unmatchable, IMO! He IS the VOICE! :beer:

A_Wonderful_Life.jpg

I like it when he finds Zu Zu's petals in his pocket again.

Not only do I believe It's A Wonderful Life is the best Christmas film ever made. I also would argue that it the greatest American film as well.

Donna Reed was such a babe!

My favorite scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6e6dY1F0E

And BTW, some people listed White Christmas(1954) as a great film, but I would disagree. Holiday Inn (1942) is the better film. It's the film where Irving Berlin's White Christmas song was first introduced. White Christmas the film (produced a few years after Holiday Inn) really just sought to capitalize on the popularity of the White Christmas song by the same title. And it is loosely based on Holiday Inn also starring Bing Crosby in the lead role.

Holiday Inn (1942)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mjb4yLMeK8

White Christmas (1954)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7vakb5b7Hk

^^^^Go figure. You and I agree on the best Christmas movie.

That phone scene was a good one too. George gives in to the fact that he loves her and yet another reason he may not get out of Bedford Falls and see the world.

One of my favorite movie trivia questions was what movie did White Christmas first appear in. Most people do not know it was in Holiday Inn first. My favorite scene in that movie was the 4Th of July dance when Fred Astair is dancing around all the firecrackers he's lighting off.

And BTW, some people listed White Christmas(1954) as a great film, but I would disagree. Holiday Inn (1942) is the better film. It's the film where Irving Berlin's White Christmas song was first introduced. White Christmas the film (produced a few years after Holiday Inn) really just sought to capitalize on the popularity of the White Christmas song by the same title. And it is loosely based on Holiday Inn also starring Bing Crosby in the lead role.

Yeah, I agree with you about Holiday Inn vs. White Christmas. Holiday Inn is definitely the better movie. When I first saw it, I remember thinking it was a little boring, but I rediscovered it a few years ago and now I really love it. :D I used to like White Christmas when I was a little kid, but I can't watch it anymore because it gets on my nerves! (I'm not much of a fan of Danny Kaye. Fred Astaire is much better!)

My favorite scene in that movie was the 4Th of July dance when Fred Astair is dancing around all the firecrackers he's lighting off.

That's my favorite scene, too! :D (In my opinion, it ranks right up there with the dancing on the ceiling routine from Royal Wedding.)

-a christmas story, the movie with the kid who wants the bb gun for christmas. when we were kids we were upstate ny with our friends at their barn and we rented that movie. it was freezing cold and we couldnt go outside much and ended up watching that movie like five times atleast if not more, because they had no tv reception. my friends father laughed like crazy throughout the whole movie and strangely enough my friends little brother looked just like the kid in the movie. we were like matt, that kid looks like you. i think we were up there for a weekend and the more we were forced to watch it out of boredom and hearing my friends father laughing like crazy at this movie, it just got kind of hysterical, like when your a kid and you stay up all night and cant stop laughing. i mean it was just the environment in seeing that movie for the first time, upstate, and the fire going out and getting freezing cold, then restarting the fire and having nothing to do but watch this movie that makes me remember and appreciate it.

I love "It's A Wonderful Life", but we also always end up watching "The Sound of Music" around the holidays even though it's not a Christmas movie. For some reason they always show it on tv every year around that time. It's probably the only musical I can stomach.

^^^^Go figure. You and I agree on the best Christmas movie.

It's just a great classic film.

That phone scene was a good one too. George gives in to the fact that he loves her and yet another reason he may not get out of Bedford Falls and see the world.

It really is a well directed and acted scene. Probably the best Hollywood scene of that type in my opinion.

One of my favorite movie trivia questions was what movie did White Christmas first appear in. Most people do not know it was in Holiday Inn first. My favorite scene in that movie was the 4Th of July dance when Fred Astair is dancing around all the firecrackers he's lighting off.

Danny Kaye was very talented, but I don't think he compares to Fred Astair. Plus I didn't like the repetition (2X) of the "Sisters" song. It get's sort of boring.

Now I'm sure 59 is going to call me a wuss for not picking Bad Santa or something. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched A Muppet Family Christmas on YouTube yesterday, and I think I'm going to have to add it to my favorites list! I've never seen it before, and being a huge Muppet fan, I thought it was so awesome! It's got everything: The Muppets, The Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, The Fraggles, and a cameo by Jim Henson. It was a real nastalgia trip for me, seeing the Sesame Street gang. If you're a Muppet fan, you need to watch it! :D

A Muppet Family Christmas

I just watched A Muppet Family Christmas on YouTube yesterday, and I think I'm going to have to add it to my favorites list! I've never seen it before, and being a huge Muppet fan, I thought it was so awesome! It's got everything: The Muppets, The Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, The Fraggles, and a cameo by Jim Henson. It was a real nastalgia trip for me, seeing the Sesame Street gang. If you're a Muppet fan, you need to watch it! biggrin.gif

A Muppet Family Christmas

• 1 year later...

We're watching Elf right now. I LOVE that movie!

It's so flipping funny!

We regularly watch many others each year: The Polar Express, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, etc. We have a Christmas movie library that we whip out around Thanksgiving. ;)

Archived