What does Zoso mean?

Ledzep101

Ok i have been reading different speculations about this for a long time and im not saying anyone is right or wrong (because the only person who really knows is jimmy himself) but i would like to hear everyones opinion. What do you think Zoso means?

If you do a search of the forums you can find plenty of discussions about this. What is "ZoSo"? To me it's a sigil representing Jimmy's astrological sun sign of Capricorn, ruled by the planet Saturn.

I think it'll be one of those things that will come out when Jimmy's nearing the end of his life.

I disagree with this. I think that he will keep it as a secret forever, and I will be quite happy if he does, it will lose something special if the meaning is known, but that's just a matter of opinion. :)

I disagree with this. I think that he will keep it as a secret forever, and I will be quite happy if he does, it will lose something special if the meaning is known, but that's just a matter of opinion. :)

I also believe he will never give the meaning away.

evster has posted on this matter several times which you should find with the search facility

whatever its meaning may not be known exactly but we do know its been printed in a very old book

In a few zep books I have,jimmy told robert just once what zoso meant,and he said he would only tell him once.of course,plant has supposedley forgotten the meaning.

Yes, indeed, as already been said, the "Z letter" ( yes, we all know, that there are no letters actually) is Jimmys symbol of his sun sign Capricorn, and the rest " oso" - well its said that A.Crowley used to write 666 like this.. one of the listed meanings on the net.. lol.. but of course only the big Jim knows.. since Rob has forgotten it lol...

Big Dan... Your always good for a good laugh. :D

Hi BLD,

Thanks for your kind support mate, but have you noticed how Shot my Spolling is? :oops::lol:

I keep forgetting to check what keys my fingers are hitting, :blush: my English teacher always said "Could do better" and she was soooo right. :yesnod:

Regards, Danny

Hi BLD,

Thanks for your kind support mate, but have you noticed how Shot my Spelling is? :oops::lol:

I keep forgetting to check what keys my fingers are hitting, :blush: my English teacher always said "Could do better" and she was soooo right. :yesnod:

Regards, Danny

Saaaayyyyy Dan.... Crappy spelling??? Then you need the cool refreshing taste of the automatic spell checker on Firefox!!!! Or..... http://orangoo.com/spellcheck/ ! There free and you don't have to sign up for anything to use it. I don't think anyone here (or any where) would understand what I was typing if I didn't have these two thing's in my internet tool box!

If I type in some field on the web it will underline in red any spelling error's and I only have to right click on it and it will give me some correction choices.

It work's quite well for me, and I am the KING of miss-spelling!! :bagoverhead:

The symbol Zoso is in fact made up of the letters in ZEPPELIN, the letters are cunningly concealed in the arabesque artwork : See www.zosoartworkrevealed.com

Also when spelt backwards it reveals the letters MADEINJAPAN which of course we all know is a Deep Purple album, maybe the two are related? Shurely not

Edited by Conneyfogle

Saaaayyyyy Dan.... Crappy spelling??? Then you need the cool refreshing taste of the automatic spell checker on Firefox!!!! Or..... http://orangoo.com/spellcheck/ ! There free and you don't have to sign up for anything to use it. I don't think anyone here (or any where) would understand what I was typing if I didn't have these two thing's in my internet tool box!

If I type in some field on the web it will underline in red any spelling error's and I only have to right click on it and it will give me some correction choices.

It work's quite well for me, and I am the KING of miss-spelling!! :bagoverhead:

Hi BLD,

Ya know i already have that on my browser and i didn't even know it, i must be living in Twatsville, what do ya say? :lol: but thanks anyway, still i do love misspelled words, they give me a lot of enjoyment both reading and writing them. :beer:

Regards, Danny

• 3 weeks later...

In an interview in Q magazine many years ago (might have been around the time of Unledded, I think) Jimmy called it "my rising sun symbol". I seem to be the only person who noticed it.

Hi Bob,

Do you really think so?

Regards, Danny

Hi BLD,

Ya know i already have that on my browser and i didn't even know it, i must be living in Twatsville, what do ya say? :lol: but thanks anyway, still i do love misspelled words, they give me a lot of enjoyment both reading and writing them. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Oh yeah!! I say that as over here in the state's a "Twat" is the best part of a woman!!! I would love to drown there before I die! :)

• 1 month later...

Since Jimmy was so interested in the Occult, I thought the "Zo" part was a nod to Zoarastrianism. Even the script of the Z is reminiscent of Middle Eastern alphabets (Arabic/Persian). And the "So", an abbreviation for Solar perhaps. Or instead of Solar, how about Son, as in "Son of". The "S" also conveniently doubles as a spirit coming out of Alladin's lamp there at the bottom. And that horizontal bar firmly connecting the two "o"s: maybe that represents his outstretched arms transcending time between the ancient past and the present, with a firm grip on both. Maybe he sees himself as the spiritual son of a deity from an ancient mystery religion, Mithraism/Zoarastrianism. It is very beautiful, elegant, and well thought out. I would be surprised if I am completely wrong. Jimmy Page is too smart and too deep for it to be something completely disconnected from mystical history.

Oh, and consider this also; "...I'm waiting for the Angel of Babylon, waitng for the Eastern ______(?)...,...Bring it Back....Bring it Back..."

Consider the correct lyrics - I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon, waiting for the eastern glow - and realize they were written by Robert Plant, not Jimmy Page, and the song's lyrics were merely inspired in part by events in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of The Rings' final volume, The Return of the King.

In the most common interpretation, the Prince of Peace, who "embraced the gloom" and "walked the night alone", refers to Frodo, who left the Fellowship of the Ring and left for Mordor with only his servant and friend Samwise Gamgee for company. "The Queen of Light" who "took her bow" is taken to refer to Galadriel, a queen of the Elves, signifying that the Third Age is ending and that the Age of Men will begin soon. Other interpretations of how the lyrics relate to Tolkien exist: one example has the "Prince of Peace" referring to Aragorn.

Regardless, the song's most overt link to Tolkien is the lyric: "The Ringwraiths ride in black", a Tolkien invention.

Edited by SteveAJones