The Symphony of Science

Nathan

http://symphonyofscience.com/

Oh yeah. You will love it. There are three so far:

(Carl Sagan, feat. Stephen Hawking)

(Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye)

(Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, Michio Kaku and Robert Jastrow)

At SymphonyofScience.com, you can download each song in MP3 or FLAC (for free!). You can also download the MP3 of two different remixes of "A Glorious Dawn" as well as a video version of "A Glorious Dawn" for iPod or iPhone or such. You can also get album art for all 3, buy them on iTunes, and "A Glorious Dawn" has been released as a special edition 7" vinyl record (which, of course, I'm getting because I love the song and I love vinyl :mrgreen: )!

Personally, I can't wait for more! I'm so excited about this!

• 1 year later...

I just discovered these videos and found that Nathan had started this thread way back. I used to watch Carl Sagans Cosmos on PBS. There are a few more that the original three posted here.

my partner has just turned me onto " cosmos ". he has had the book since it first came out, and is a big carl sagan fan. he has downloaded the series of the book " cosmos ". it too was made in about 1979 or 80, and it has video "updates " with carl 10 years on. it's really great, i'm loving it.

anybody see that thing on -fractles on pbs....wow, check that out online, stuff it does for cell phone radio waves and detecting cancers in our bodys, plus they took the math of it and made it into art, some kind of geometric digital art, its cool....its the future...its cool, its the future.

anybody see that thing on -fractles on pbs....wow, check that out online, stuff it does for cell phone radio waves and detecting cancers in our bodys, plus they took the math of it and made it into art, some kind of geometric digital art, its cool....its the future...its cool, its the future.

link?

I did see that. Most of it anyway. Taking a geometric shape and replicating itself repeatedly to show irregular randomness, especially in nature. I found it most interesting that is was first used in computer graphics in the second Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Khan.

Here's a pretty cool video that shows a fractal set.

I did see that. Most of it anyway. Taking a geometric shape and replicating itself repeatedly to show irregular randomness, especially in nature. I found it most interesting that is was first used in computer graphics in the second Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Khan.

Here's a pretty cool video that shows a fractal set.

ah thankyou!

i had seen one before, but i didn't know that's what they are called. amazing stuff!

Posting these videos has inspired me to revisit the Carl Sagan series COSMOS. I remember enjoying watching it but only snippets of it. The episodes are all on youtube. I have worked my way through number 5 now.

Posting these videos has inspired me to revisit the Carl Sagan series COSMOS. I remember enjoying watching it but only snippets of it. The episodes are all on youtube. I have worked my way through number 5 now.

yeah, as i said a few posts back, we are watching it too. you can download the whole series ( not from youtube ). it's taking us weeks to get through it though, we never seem to have enough time to spare to actually sit down and watch!

^the graphic artwork is cool, i think its used on dicks picks -grateful dead cds looks like. but wit the medicine, how a kidney can be like a tree, but wit this technology they can see how folks are doing and such, thats great. well anyway, math is strange...and then science.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived