disgusted with knebworth

able

http://www.knebworthhousegiftshop.com/item30.htm

firstly im not to sure what exactly they mean but i think its tastless either way. not only do they have the nerve to cash in but i think it is insulting to bonzo and his family and his fans. if you agree please feel free to vent your anger to them and get the comments about john bonham removed.

cheers

Private email to Gift Shop Administrator sent.

If the offensive content is not removed by Monday afternoon I shall contact David Lytton-Cobbold, 2nd Baron Cobbold.

Surely he as the owner of Knebworth House would find the reference to John Bonham's death to be in very poor taste.

Private email to Gift Shop Administrator sent.

If the offensive content is not removed by Monday afternoon I shall contact David Lytton-Cobbold, 2nd Baron Cobbold.

Surely he as the owner of Knebworth House would find the reference to John Bonham's death to be in very poor taste.

able, great for catching this. Steve thanks for the follow up.

How vile is that comment about Bonham :mad:

http://www.knebworthhousegiftshop.com/item30.htm

firstly im not to sure what exactly they mean but i think its tastless either way. not only do they have the nerve to cash in but i think it is insulting to bonzo and his family and his fans. if you agree please feel free to vent your anger to them and get the comments about john bonham removed.

cheers

I just sent an email telling them my thoughts and their tasteless marketing efforts.

Pretty fuckin' tasteless,if you ask me.

I get the point,but there are much better ways to make it.

Here's hoping the email works.

Tell that to Ferdinand von Zeppelin.

It's not anymore tasteless than calling a band Led Zeppelin and putting a picture of a zeppelin going down in flames on the album cover.

ADAG200223-2.jpg

Don't yell at me...

22Don27t20yell20at20me22-1.png

...and Led Zeppelin calling themselves that isn't the same thing.If nothing else,it got the name Zeppelin back into the public eye.

By the way,does anyone know if relatives of the people who died on the Hindenburg had an issue with Led Zeppelin for the first album cover?

How vile is that comment aboutBonham :mad:

Very vile...and tasteless.

What is wrong with people?

Ignorance, insensitivity...

My friends and I have already sent emails protesting this (and requesting its removal) to several people who are connected with the Knebworth House. I imagine that, if they knew of this, a representative for the Bonham family or a Bonham family member would contact the Knebworth House too. I don't know of anyone (and can't imagine anyone) who knew John as a person, really knew him, who would not find the statement accompanying the ticket description vile and tasteless. We all loved him so much. God bless him.

It's not anymore tasteless than calling a band Led Zeppelin and putting a picture of a zeppelin going down in flames on the album cover.

Perhaps had the boys shown the carnage once it hit the ground, you know, people on fire running and screaming for help...

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Tell that to Ferdinand von Zeppelin. It's not anymore tasteless than calling a band Led Zeppelin and putting a picture of a zeppelin going down in flames on the album cover.

Ferdinand von Zeppelin died in 1917, making it difficult to tell him anything. If we could though, perhaps the first thing to inform him of is the Hindenburg disaster itself, having occured twenty years after his death.

In all seriousness, I think most people make a distinction between an artistic statement and a crass comment. This is not

to say the artistic statement is universally held as inoffensive, not at all, however the intent is different.

What an insensitive and unnecessary comment!

Why would they even think of putting that comment on there?

Anyone interested in buying the ticket knows Led Zeppelin's history.

Were they trying to make it seem more valuable to non-Zeppelin fans who would only be interested in the ticket as an investment? There are enough true fans in the world to market the ticket to who would value its worth in and of itself as a memoir to a great concert by the greatest rock band of all time.

Edited for spelling.

I don't think it's necessary to have known John as a person, or at all, to find this totally tasteless.

...agreed, common sense totally missing here, it's in poor taste to experience life in any way what so ever at someone else's expense....

...yes, the fans are dutiful to their beloved Musician, rightfully so...

What an insensitive and unnecessary comment!

Why would they even think of putting that comment on there?

Anyone interested in buying the ticket knows Led Zeppelin's history.

Were they trying to make it seem more valuable to non-Zeppelin fans who would only be interested in the ticket as an investment? There are enough true fans in the world to market the ticket to who would value its worth in and of itself as a memoir to a great concert by the greatest rock band of all time.

Edited for spelling.

Exactly! This was disrespectful to his family, to the great John Bomham himself and to those of us who respect him enough to let our disgust in this matter be known.

Although the statement on that page is inappropriate; people are going to say what they want to say. You can't go on getting angry at every person who bashes Bonzo, or even Zeppelin. Let it go.

You're missing the point that the person who made that statement is trying to make money from the association with John at the same time he (or she) is being so callous about his death, and is doing so on the official Knebworth House Gift Shop site. This isn't a case of "people are going to say what they want to say"--it's not a discussion forum. "People" can be prevented from saying this by those who manage the site.

You're missing the point that the person who made that statement is trying to make money from the association with John at the same time he (or she) is being so callous about his death, and is doing so on the official Knebworth House Gift Shop site. This isn't a case of "people are going to say what they want to say"--it's not a discussion forum. "People" can be prevented from saying this by those who manage the site.

Led-Zeppelin made money with their first album with a picture of he Hindenburg exploding. Is that not callous to all the people who died on the Hindenburg. Is that not disrespectful to the families of those who died?

Archived