disgusted with knebworth

able

Led-Zeppelin made money with their first album with a picture of he Hindenburg exploding. Is that not callous to all the people who died on the Hindenburg. Is that not disrespectful to the families of those who died?

Repeating Gospel Zone's post is also missing the point. If that argument was valid (which I don't believe it is--they weren't making the Hindenburg disaster an argument for buying the album, for one thing), it would make this ad even MORE inappropriate, not less.

Repeating Gospel Zone's post is also missing the point. If that argument was valid (which I don't believe it is--they weren't making the Hindenburg disaster an argument for buying the album, for one thing), it would make this ad even MORE inappropriate, not less.

EXACTLY!

What an outright DISGRACE!

Private email to Gift Shop Administrator sent.

If the offensive content is not removed by Monday afternoon I shall contact David Lytton-Cobbold, 2nd Baron Cobbold.

Surely he as the owner of Knebworth House would find the reference to John Bonham's death to be in very poor taste.

what the fuck those good for nothing...ahh! :angry:

looks like they got till monday good job steve

They can do what they want. The only item stopping them is themselves.

Good counterpoint with the Zeppelin in flames and the connotations that are assoicated with the actual happenning.

Do not live in glass houses dear people

Why?

God, I despise people sometimes. They can be so cruel and insensitive and...I'm repeating already written posts. I'll just stick to the question Why?

<_<

Damn just saw the link..looked good until the statement about bonham's death! It's like someone telling you to buy their car after they hit and killed your dog! Pathetic and very bad marketing!

I believe its just not that big of a deal. Why get worked up over something like this...

im sure the lytton family the owners of knebworth would be pissd off if the led zeppelin website said somthing about one of their familys death

the band would get the blame and they would make a big deal over it...probably to get lots of publicity.

i sent an email this morning letting them know how disgusting it was, and tonight i have a return email apologising to me . they were thankful that i had pointed it out to them. they suspect it was done by an ex employee. so, at least it wasn't done on purpose by the knebworth people.

They sent an apology to me also:

Thank you for pointing out this rogue entry in our website. We suspect this is the work of a former staff member.

We apologise for any distress it has caused. The team here at Knebworth have the highest regard for Led Zeppelin and, as a venue, we are proud to be associated with the band's remarkable history.

Again, our thanks, and very best wishes,

Henry Cobbold

The Knebworth House Gift Shop

:D:D

It made me laugh and what makes it even funnier is how some people are offended by it. Oh dear, someone slammed the sacred drunk. I'm into these bands for the music, not to defend their personal lives. When Keith Richards luck finally runs out, I'm not going to be offended by inevitable jokes that will follow.

BTW, I'm typing this standing up because I've been laughing my ass off all weekend about it!

Glad to see the matter is resolved as it was malicious and reflected poorly upon Knebworth House estate.

Nice also to see the twelve year olds have logged in today. rolleyes.gif

Steve, what was being advertised that was offensive, i missed it

They sent an apology to me also:

Thank you for pointing out this rogue entry in our website. We suspect this is the work of a former staff member.

We apologise for any distress it has caused. The team here at Knebworth have the highest regard for Led Zeppelin and, as a venue, we are proud to be associated with the band's remarkable history.

Again, our thanks, and very best wishes,

Henry Cobbold

The Knebworth House Gift Shop

:D:D

I received the same email. Just glad it has been removed!

Archived