Sick Again Live

johnlennon696

This is the latest Zeppelin song that has really grown on me. I used to never care to listen to this song, but over the past few months it's became a favorite of mine! I specifically like the performances on the '75 soundboards, though the '77 performances are great too and some even have The Rover as the intro. But I actually like the short powerful intro after Rock And Roll more. I'm sure I will probably discover one that I like more now that I'm listening to this song more, but the Vancouver March 19, 1975 performance is absolutely perfect!! I tend to lean towards the following night on every song, but Sick Again & No Quarter are excellent on the 19th!! This song kicks ass! I wish it was performed in the same spot on the '73 US tour as it was on the '75 & '77 US tours in place of Celebration Day, though it wasn't completely written at the time as far as I know. Always nice to discover a new Zeppelin song that you really like. I'm not sure why I never cared for it much in the past, but glad I do now!

I'm somewhat partial to 6/23, but to me Zep never really played this song badly. Oddly enough I think that the earlier

Rod Stewart would do this song well. Anyway this song just has the perfect lurching sexual Zep swagger and Page

dials in an almost fuzz guitar tone rarely used elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Great raunchy vibe and sound comes with this song.Even the studio version has the same in your face feel to it.I picture Zep walking down Bourbon street New Orleans everytime I listen to it.(New Orleans is great I must add!)

Ive never heard a version live I dislike.

1 hour ago, sixpense said:

7-24-79, to me, was Zeppelin's best live performance of this song.

From all the boots I have heard, I agree completely. This was a great performance of this song.

7 hours ago, Marko_Zoso said:

No one has mentioned the Snow Jobs show, Vancouver 19th of March, 1975. That's a damn good version of Sick Again, and the whole concert is great in fact.

Check the first post at the top of page 2 of this thread.. ;) 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM, cousinlouie said:

This is taken from the 1st show in Dallas on 3/4/75.  And yes, the 3/4/75 contains, imo, the best veraion of sick again.Thats the one I woas gonna pick, "Dallas are you receiving us?"

On May 1, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Walter said:

:thumbsup: 

nice way to start a Sunday morning...

Wow, that was smoking! Jimmy was really ripping it up, both solo's were excellent, Bonzo and JPJ were in the groove, and Roberts vocals were top notch, much better than the album version.

On December 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM, johnlennon696 said:

Been really digging this song recently, just wondered what evryone's fave live performances are, mine atm are Listen To This Eddie and Knebworth 4th 1979..

1st Knebworth is probably my first fav and Double Shot is probably my second.

Archived