50 greatest comebacks

Raj

Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know about this.

Yesterday I was flicking through the cable channels and I happened to pass one channel (think it was E4) which was showing the 50 greatest Comebacks. As luck would have it, it had got to number 42, and guess what, it was Led Zeps O2 comeback gig !

The more interesting part is this : It had a bunch of interviews with fans outside the O2, an interview with Harvey Goldsmith but amazingly it showed a 20 second clip from the concert. Black Dog - band playing, then it cuts to Robert Plant (the Ahhh ahhh bit), then it cuts to the audience who return his 'ahhhh ahhhh' and then it cuts back to the band.

The point is that clip showed that the concert footage has been worked upon and edited to a professional standard (and it looked awesome) , it could even be that the whole concert has been edited and complete, which begs the question could it be released in the near future ? Alas, not anytime soon i fear.

Yes, thats the one !

Just on a totally different subject, I met Viram Jasani (tabla player on black Mountain side) a few years back. He is now quite involved in the Indian Classical scene in the UK. I approched him tentatively and enquired if he had ever played tabla on any albums, I think he must be asked this all the time, he raised his hands up in mock defence and said "yes, yes yes, it was me." He told me he was a student at the time running around from session to session and much in demand at the time and that he had played on some of the Stones stuff as well. He remembers Jimmy as being quite sensitive and quiet, yet knew what he wanted and was very sure of how the whole sound and structure should sound like. He was quite struck by how much knowledge Jimmy had of other instruments and tuning.

Yes, thats the one !

Just on a totally different subject, I met Viram Jasani (tabla player on black Mountain side) a few years back. He is now quite involved in the Indian Classical scene in the UK. I approched him tentatively and enquired if he had ever played tabla on any albums, I think he must be asked this all the time, he raised his hands up in mock defence and said "yes, yes yes, it was me." He told me he was a student at the time running around from session to session and much in demand at the time and that he had played on some of the Stones stuff as well. He remembers Jimmy as being quite sensitive and quiet, yet knew what he wanted and was very sure of how the whole sound and structure should sound like. He was quite struck by how much knowledge Jimmy had of other instruments and tuning.

..Thanks for sharing... Hello and Page attended Indian Voices Day at Royal Albert Hall recently, I recall Viram Jasani was the Host...

Photo of Page Arriving...

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&p=Jimmy%20Page&assetType=image

http://www.amc.org.uk/concerts/index.htm

Archived