JASON BONHAM Performs LED ZEPPELIN Classic

The Pagemeister

Drummer Jason Bonham joined CHICKENFOOT on stage at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas on Saturday, December 5 to perform the ZEPPELIN classic "Rock And Roll".

Commented Bonham: "Went to Vegas on Saturday for the CHICKENFOOT gig. Jammed with them on ZEPP's 'Rock And Roll'. Geat buch of guys, great gig and lots of fun!" :)

Drummer Jason Bonham joined CHICKENFOOT on stage at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas on Saturday, December 5 to perform the ZEPPELIN classic "Rock And Roll".

Commented Bonham: "Went to Vegas on Saturday for the CHICKENFOOT gig. Jammed with them on ZEPP's 'Rock And Roll'. Geat buch of guys, great gig and lots of fun!" :)

Great that he jammed to bad it was with Chickenshit! There record sucks and what a major let down live! They should have played a whole set of Led Zeppelin songs with Jason on drums then it might have been worth seeing!

Great that he jammed to bad it was with Chickenshit! There record sucks and what a major let down live! They should have played a whole set of Led Zeppelin songs with Jason on drums then it might have been worth seeing!

Whoa, slow down there Simon,

This is a powerhouse live band.

Who knows, when Chad goes back to the Chili Peps

Maybe Bonham will lend his foot to Chickenfoot.

Whoa, slow down there Simon,

This is a powerhouse live band.

Who knows, when Chad goes back to the Chili Peps

Maybe Bonham will lend his foot to Chickenfoot.

Yeah, though I dont prefer the style (reminds me of 80s scream rock) the instrumentation, especially guitar is very good and I saw them live and it was very good.

But I liked the opening band (Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam) more, mostly why I went. Ive seen a lot of guitarists this year and while technically Warren Haynes and Joe Satriani are the best, I am personally more impressed by Davy Knowles, probably because he is only 22. The SRV of my generation.

Satriani is a great guitarist!Atleast some of his songs are great, but sometimes he is just showing off his technique and the songs lack overall artistic quality!!

As for chickenfoot, i haven't heard any of their stuff, but they made a nice version of rock and roll in their own style, although all the 80's satriani guitar techiques, don't go too well into an early seventies Page song!!

And he also didn't do much in the solo!! I'm not saying he would have to copy Page note for note to make it good, but he could still try a bit harder!!

Satriani is a great guitarist!Atleast some of his songs are great, but sometimes he is just showing off his technique and the songs lack overall artistic quality!!

As for chickenfoot, i haven't heard any of their stuff, but they made a nice version of rock and roll in their own style, although all the 80's satriani guitar techiques, don't go too well into an early seventies Page song!!

And he also didn't do much in the solo!! I'm not saying he would have to copy Page note for note to make it good, but he could still try a bit harder!!

I totally agree Satriani is all technique and has no soul to his sound IMHO to do a Zeppelin cover justice you need the emotional quotient that Jimmy Page always delivers.

Jason Mike and Sammy sounded tight.

I totally agree Satriani is all technique and has no soul to his sound IMHO to do a Zeppelin cover justice you need the emotional quotient that Jimmy Page always delivers.

Satriani is going on tour with the Experience Hendrix people next Spring in the US (with Eric Johnson, Hubert Sumlin, Billy Cox, Living Colour, Johnny Lang, Brad Whitford (Aerosmith), etc...).

R:)

Jason jammed at Camp Freddy 12/11 playing with Steve Vai and Cypress Hill.

You can't really see him but can really hear him playing. :D

The second video on Blabbermouth's page is the best of the two posted.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132130

Thanks for the update.

Looks like Jason is keeping busy playing (sitting in with different groups of musician friends).

We'll see what he does next.

I have a long running disagreement with a local guitarist, who is also my friend.

He believes that Satriani is the greatest of all time.Better than Hendrix,better than Jimmy.I have told him time and again that it is all about feel rather than how many notes you can play per minute.

He is non repentant!.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like Jason is keeping busy playing (sitting in with different groups of musician friends).

We'll see what he does next.

Your welcome reids.

Saw this today. Jason is one busy guy playing with a bunch of different musicians.

Hopefully a video will come out for this also.

Audio will be released next month according to the article.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132245

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived