Bier

Atlas

This is something I found in Germany a long time ago. It requires expert pouring, so don't mess with it without initiated help:

http://www.tastings.com/scout_beer.lasso?id=181485

Wurzburger Hofbrau Julius Echter Hefe-Weiss Dunkel Premium.

Cloudy, deep copper brown color. Toasted pumpernickel and toffee aromas. A rich, supple, and velvety entry leads to a dryish medium-full body of banana custard, dark nutty toast, cocoa, and subtle spices. Finishes with a toasty toffeed fade with a hint of citrus rind and wet stones. Well balanced and refreshing.

WORLD BEER CHAMPIONSHIPS AWARD: Gold Medal

RATING: 90 points (Exceptional)

ALCOHOL BY VOLUME: 6.0%

CATEGORY: Weizen Dunkel, Ale

TASTING LOCATION: In Our Chicago Tasting Room

TASTING DATE: Jun-29-2007

BEER ID: 181485

We have noted the following producer or marketer for this beer:

St. Killian Importing Co., Inc.

PO Box K, 35 Elder Ave.

Kingston MA 02364

(781) 585-5165

(781) 585-8670

www.stkillianbeers.com

Edited by Atlas

11uhxdi.jpg

Alaskan IPA

Style:

India Pale Ales are characterized by intense hop flavor and aroma. Thisstyle possesses medium maltiness and body while also being crisp anddry. Citrus flavors and aromas are moderate to very strong.

Flavor Profile:

Alaskan IPA is honey gold in color with a fruity, citrus aroma. Anenticing blend of hops and our dry hopping process, in which hops areadded directly to tanks during fermentation, give this brew a veryintense, complex aromatic character with a refreshing hop finish.

History:IPAangel6packweb.jpg

India Pale Ale is a style of ale originally derived from a colonial thirst for British-brewed beers. When shipping beer to the colonies, particularly India, thought had to be given to the length of the journey. By initially brewing beer to high specific gravities it could continue to ferment during the journey. Larger amounts of hops were also added for their preservative properties and resulted in a golden beer with a hoppy flavor.

Ingredients:

Alaskan IPA is made from glacier-fed water and a generous blend of thefinest quality European and Pacific Northwest hop varieties and premiumtwo-row and specialty malts. Our water originates in the1,500-square-mile Juneau Ice Field and from more than 90 inches ofrainfall each year.

Recommendations:

The pronounced hopflavor makes this style of beer refreshing and a deliciousaccompaniment to grilled prawns, spicy food and as an aperitif.

Specifications:

Original Gravity: 1.057, ABV: 6.2%, Bitterness: 55 IBU, Color: 9 SRM

i could be the molson golden czar for the -us if they needed one. nahh that would take all the fun out of periodic drinking cause it would be too serious. sierra nevada pale ale is a great beer/ale. i think this is where the brew pubs are great because they have really different and original beers on tap.

I do like Sam Adams. It redefined American beer...for the better.

Sam Adams does have several tasty brews. The hubby liked the Triple Bock once in a while but it was too strong for me. I read that they no longer make that brew.

We go to a pub once in a while that has 141 beers on tap so I can get adventurous in my beer tasting. They let me take a little taste test before ordering a mug. Nothing worse than buying a pitcher or six pack and discover I don't like it. But then I usually find someone who would be more than happy to finish it off for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Another tasty one I'm drinking this evening.Torpedo-bot.jpgSierra Nevada Torpedo Ale is a big American IPA; bold, assertive and full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal character of whole-cone American hops. alcohol content 7.2% by volume yeast Ale Yeast beginning gravity 17.3 Plato bittering hops Magnum ending gravity 4.2 Plato finishing hops Magnum & Crystal bitterness units 65 dry hopping Magnum, Crystal & Citra malts Two-row Pale, & Crystal http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/torpedo.html

Sam Adams does have several tasty brews. The hubby liked the Triple Bock once in a while but it was too strong for me. I read that they no longer make that brew.

We go to a pub once in a while that has 141 beers on tap so I can get adventurous in my beer tasting. They let me take a little taste test before ordering a mug. Nothing worse than buying a pitcher or six pack and discover I don't like it. But then I usually find someone who would be more than happy to finish it off for me.

If that ever happens my dear, you know how to find me laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

I stopped by a new store in the neighborhood and found another Sam Adams that I like.

Blackberry Witbier

samadams.jpg

This store had an amazing beer and wine selection, plus alot of organic foods. A cross between Trader Joes and Henrys market. My new store to grocery shop at. My daughter loved it too as they had alot of vegitarian foods .

Edited by ledzepfvr

I love Duvel's Gulden Draak. If you're used to normal beer, especially something like the more bitter IPA, this would probably taste pretty weird to you because it's actually almost kind of sweet. It's kind of expensive, but I got a small bottle of it to drink while I was watching the Daytona 500 today (no Bud here, sorry), but then I forgot and left it at home, darn it. And I was going to be consoled by the fact that it started a little early for drinking here on the West Coast anyway, but with all the delays, it definitely went over into beer drinking time. I did have some Newcastle as a backup, though, so all was not lost.

i take a break from beer every year, been taking this herb called -kudzu and its good. read about it in a book about the southern states, its a vine that grows all along the sides of roads, its from china and they use it in -china for anti alcohol support. it is sorta like nicorette gum for stopping smoking i guess. just wanted to share that for anyone that might find it helpful.