Bier

Atlas

Had an awesome Ukrainian beer called Obolon the other day...gah, it was so good! I can't describe it...it was actually a couple weeks ago, not just "the other day," so I kinda forgot what it tasted like, other than really, really good. Apparently the brand Obolon makes different kinds of beer, and now I can't even remember which one it was...gotta go back to the restaurant I got it from for more!

I was probably a bit harsh. I mean I have drunk it but I just meant that it's not the best. Bass is alrright.

John Smiths and Tetleys are also similar. Big brand brews that (I think)are exported. I like John Smith's Extra Smooth and Tetleys Smoothflow. But again they aren't as nice as the brews you will get in the pubs here.

I like Guiness too and I've found Labatts and Budweiser to be alright. I guess I will just drink anything. :)

Yuenling sounds Chinese LOL. I could only find the Group A beers on that site. :(

Sounds Swedish to me: http://omacl.org/Heimskringla/

Decisions, decisions! I just picked up some more Boddington's and wanted to try something different to have in stock. I wound up buying a Raspberry wheat ale. I like the Blueberry ones. But what caught my eye was a couple of summer ales by Harpoon. Has anyone tried this? Is it any good? I tried Anhauser's goose something or other and did not like it. They were sampling it with shock ale? I hate anything Budweiser and hate Labatts too. Everyone around seems to be drinking that crap. I cant stand most american beer. I noticed the Harpoon was from either Vermont or maybe it was another summer ale I looked at? Looking for opinins. Wish I had samples. I tried the Samuel Adams summer ale. Ok. Nothing to write home about.

Drinking a Southern Tier Big Red Imperial Ale. So far, I haven't had a Southern Tier beer I haven't loved.

I am glad I found someone that also bought this. I just bought the Raspberry Wheat but have not tried it yet. Will when I run out of Boddington's.

Just tried one. Wont buy again.

Edited by silvermedalist

A friend of mine turned me on to a Greek beer called Mythos.

Not too bad. Sort of like weak Heineken. biggrin.gif

Had my first taste of that a couple of months ago ! Went over well thank you biggrin.gif

I know that I cannot be the only to say and drink the United States (and the Worlds Number One selling Beer). No introductions necessary: BUDWEISER. Anheuser-Busch. St. Louis, Missouri (and Houston, Texas too).

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price".

I sometimes like to consider Myself a Sophisticate (which may sound snobby, but I really am not), when it comes to beer, I am old-school. Budweiser. The King of Beers.

Edited by lzzoso

I know that I cannot be the only to say and drink the United States (and the Worlds Number One selling Beer). No introductions necessary: BUDWEISER. Anheuser-Busch. St. Louis, Missouri (and Houston, Texas too).

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price".

I sometimes like to consider Myself a Sophisticate (which may sound snobby, but I really am not), when it comes to beer, I am old-school. Budweiser. The King of Beers.

I just can't bring myself to do that to my taste buds again. Now, their American Ale was pretty good. My boss and I tried it when we were on travel in St. Louis.

beerismypoison-budweiser-american-ale.jpg

Here's one that isn't working for me:

img_7695.jpg

It's too rich and tastes more like a mixed drink than a bier. I can taste the alcohol jumping out of it. Imperials are stronger than typical biers - 10.6%/vol.

I hate to give them a negative review since they clearly put some effort into concocting and brewing it. I've somewhat lost my taste for stouts. If you like Guinness and don't have to drive anywhere in the ensuing couple hours, I say give this a try. You might like it. Especially if you are inclined to pour a bit of vodka in your bier.

So is my liver and beer breath.

Bier...beer....

Why the alternate spelling.

Save me the leg-work will `ya?

And another thing, beer shoud never be put into cans.

German spelling. As for not putting beer in cans, you have raised yourself one notch from the typical Miller drinker. Still have a long way to go, but that's a start.

So is my liver and beer breath.

Bier...beer....

Why the alternate spelling.

Save me the leg-work will `ya?

And another thing, beer shoud never be put into cans.

Au contraire... cans keep the light out, so the beer doesn't spoil. And the material they make the cans from now doesn't impart any taste. Dale's puts all of their beer in cans and they're wonderful. Many more brewers are starting to put the good stuff in cans. Lasts longer and easier to carry around.

German spelling. As for not putting beer in cans, you have raised yourself one notch from the typical Miller drinker. Still have a long way to go, but that's a start.

Well let me tell you, the best beer I have had recently was ice-cold Pabst Blue Ribbon, longneck in a little bar in the Maringy area of New Oleans.

Stay east of Esplanade if you come to The Big Easy.

The finest collection of freaks and U-Haul Yankies between Austin and NYC.

Au contraire... cans keep the light out, so the beer doesn't spoil. And the material they make the cans from now doesn't impart any taste. Dale's puts all of their beer in cans and they're wonderful. Many more brewers are starting to put the good stuff in cans. Lasts longer and easier to carry around.

You buy beer that stays on the shelf long enough to be impacted by light? Not me. Hell, I can't even get my favorites these days 'cause they're all sold out.

Edited by Atlas

Touche`

I stand corrected but the last time I put on my flip-flops, I stepped on a pop-top, cut my heel...you know the reat of the story.

Cans, I still prefer glass to metal.

Besides, I`m not exactly a kegger, cooler-connoisseur nor an ale-aficionado.

I like the hard stuff.