Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Atlas

Bier

Recommended Posts

On 10/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, LedZed66 said:

:drinks:

IMG_9217.thumb.jpg.593e22f08ea9bb2d65d0e87d174e4417.jpg

Fond memories of Deutschland. One of my discoveries in my time there. I was thrilled when I found it locally after I got back to the States.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

LTA_Retro-Can3d_0.png?itok=zXzit8FC

Never tried it. 

Here’s my northern bier...

 

95B013B2-728B-48C2-BE19-28B0C4D00637.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 12:45 AM, zepscoda said:

Good God I've missed this town !

20181004_145212.jpg

 
That's a fantastic picture!!!
Your pics from Saint Marks Place are great too. Sounds like a very nice stay in NYC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 11:08 PM, Strider said:

Fond memories of Deutschland. One of my discoveries in my time there. I was thrilled when I found it locally after I got back to the States.

 
Great to hear you have "Kösi" in the States, it's a great beer. And happy to hear you have fond memories of our Bier and more.
Prost. :drinks:
 
20 years ago I visited friends who lived near Washington. They took us to a local brewery-pub where I tasted their excellent beer. Real quality stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:
 
Great to hear you have "Kösi" in the States, it's a great beer. And happy to hear you have fond memories of our Bier and more.
Prost. :drinks:
 
20 years ago I visited friends who lived near Washington. They took us to a local brewery-pub where I tasted their excellent beer. Real quality stuff.

The state of Washington or Washington, DC?

Ich liebe Deutschland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skull Splitter from the Orkney Isle is my favorite. Quite tasty with a slight malty finish but not overpowering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinking Hoegaarden right now. It's still warm enough here that a nice Belgian biere blanche is very refreshing. Not that I don't drink a Doppel or Stout all-star round. But I prefer to drink them mostly when it is cooler in the fall and winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 7:42 PM, Strider said:

The state of Washington or Washington, DC?

 
Washington, D.C.
I spent such a fantastic 3 weeks holiday in the United States in 1998. 1 week in NYC, 1 week driving around by car (Ct, Rhode Island, Niagara Falls, on small streets down to Washington, D.C.) and one week visiting friends near Washington D.C.
Great experiences and treasured memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, LedZed66 said:
 
Washington, D.C.
I spent such a fantastic 3 weeks holiday in the United States in 1998. 1 week in NYC, 1 week driving around by car (Ct, Rhode Island, Niagara Falls, on small streets down to Washington, D.C.) and one week visiting friends near Washington D.C.
Great experiences and treasured memories.

Well if you hit Niagara Falls then you had to go past Buffalo and maybe even Rochester?  But then again you likely took interstate 81 if you were near Rochester?  Do you remember?  I am outside of Rochester NY.  About 25 miles SE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well if you hit Niagara Falls then you had to go past Buffalo and maybe even Rochester?  But then again you likely took interstate 81 if you were near Rochester?  Do you remember?  I am outside of Rochester NY.  About 25 miles SE

 
Bingo!
 
Coming from Newport, R.I., we stayed the night in Auburn. On our way to Niagara Falls we drove around Rochester to the street alongside Lake Ontario. So I think we drove nearby your place. That's cool, isn't it?  :wave:
 
And we drove through Buffalo on the interstate, I remember that. Before we reached Washington we stayed the nights in Danville, Pennsylvania and Gaithersburg, Maryland.
With our friends we visited Alexandria, Harpers Ferry and Luray Caverns.
 
Here's our road map: (the black line marks our trip by car)
IMG_9500.thumb.jpg.28143cd09498f07416f0d99a1c13cb86.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:
 
Bingo!
 
Coming from Newport, R.I., we stayed the night in Auburn. On our way to Niagara Falls we drove around Rochester to the street alongside Lake Ontario. So I think we drove nearby your place. That's cool, isn't it?  :wave:
 
And we drove through Buffalo on the interstate, I remember that. Before we reached Washington we stayed the nights in Danville, Pennsylvania and Gaithersburg, Maryland.
With our friends we visited Alexandria, Harpers Ferry and Luray Caverns.
 
Here's our road map: (the black line marks our trip by car)
IMG_9500.thumb.jpg.28143cd09498f07416f0d99a1c13cb86.jpg

The only thing in Auburn is a bloody prison  And a bad one.  Shit town.  Too bad you didn't get in touch with me but of course you did not know me then.  You had better options but oh well, mission accomplished.  You likely wound up on the  state parkway, an expressway that takes you along the Lake and past a town called Hilton and then maybe Brockport en route to Niagara Falls.  I am west of Auburn by an hour.  Not sure if you remember any of the following towns:  Fairport, Macedon, Walworth, Penfield ?  If you went to the parkway you would have taken either Lakeshore BLvd or Lake ave to get there at some point.  Ever heard the song by Foreigner "Rev on the Red Light"??  In that song Lou Gram, a Rochester Native, mentions Lake Ave.  "running all night, on Lake Avenue, its a piece of cake if you know what to do".  He is from a suburb called Greece (yes like the country) which you had to drive right by, just to the north of it.  Thanks for the effort of posting the map.  Hope you visit again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The only thing in Auburn is a bloody prison ¬†And a bad one. ¬†Shit town. ¬†Too bad you didn't get in touch with me but of course you did not know me then. ¬†You had better options but oh well, mission accomplished. ¬†You likely wound up on the ¬†state parkway, an expressway that takes you along the Lake and past a town called Hilton and then maybe Brockport en route to Niagara Falls. ¬†I am west of Auburn by an hour. ¬†Not sure if you remember any of the following towns: ¬†Fairport, Macedon, Walworth, Penfield ? ¬†If you went to the parkway you would have taken either Lakeshore BLvd or Lake ave to get there at some point. ¬†Ever heard the song by Foreigner "Rev on the Red LightÔĽŅ"?? ¬†In that song Lou Gram, a Rochester Native, mentions Lake Ave. ¬†"running all night, on Lake Avenue, its a piece of cake if you know what to do". ¬†He is from a suburb called Greece (yes like the country) which you had to drive right by, just to the north of it. ¬†Thanks for the effort of posting the map. ¬†Hope you visit again.

 
I woke up with a nasty cold in that Holiday Inn in Auburn. On the evening I was too ill to enjoy the illuminated Niagara Falls.
But thankfully I was ok when we visited the Falls on the next day.
I don't remember any of the cities you mentioned. But I remember that I was amazed by some small towns with the classical American wooden houses with the front porches. Very pittoresque.
 
The next time I'm around I'll ask you for better options.
 
Thank you for recommending the Foreigner song - but I would never speed on Lake Avenue. I'd prefere to enjoy the view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:
 
I woke up with a nasty cold in that Holiday Inn in Auburn. On the evening I was too ill to enjoy the illuminated Niagara Falls.
But thankfully I was ok when we visited the Falls on the next day.
I don't remember any of the cities you mentioned. But I remember that I was amazed by some small towns with the classical American wooden houses with the front porches. Very pittoresque.
 
The next time I'm around I'll ask you for better options.
 
Thank you for recommending the Foreigner song - but I would never speed on Lake Avenue. I'd prefere to enjoy the view.

Lake Ave went to hell years ago.  Shit neighborhood.  Pure ghetto.   Auburn is known only for its prison.  Another shit town.  Well I wont waste my time telling you the better places as it might be ages until you return.  Maybe i will see your neck of the woods first?  The 1000 Islands are a better place to go on a vacation than Niagara Falls for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 11:55 AM, LedZed66 said:

20 years ago I visited friends who lived near Washington. They took us to a local brewery-pub where I tasted their excellent beer. Real quality stuff.

If you're ever in the area again, I'd be happy to take you to a few local breweries/brewpubs. They've sprung up like weeds around here, and fortunately, most of them are pretty good!  

I'm enjoying an almost-local Dogfish Head Bitches Brew tonight.  Lovely...  

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Lake Ave went to hell years ago.  Shit neighborhood.  Pure ghetto.   Auburn is known only for its prison.  Another shit town.  Well I wont waste my time telling you the better places as it might be ages until you return.  Maybe i will see your neck of the woods first?  The 1000 Islands are a better place to go on a vacation than Niagara Falls for sure

You are right. For another visit I'll wait until they invented teleportation because I can't stand to fly anymore.

I loved Niagara Falls. It's a tourist hell, yes, but the falls are stunning. 1000 Islands look awesome, too. You live in a fantastic area - enjoy it. Well, apart from Auburn, of course.
 
On 10/17/2018 at 3:16 AM, ebk said:

If you're ever in the area again, I'd be happy to take you to a few local breweries/brewpubs. They've sprung up like weeds around here, and fortunately, most of them are pretty good!  

I'm enjoying an almost-local Dogfish Head Bitches Brew tonight.  Lovely... 

 
I'd love to have a few beers in the brewpubs with you, ebk. If there is any chance to ask Scotty to beam me across the pond - I'll be ready :drinks:
 
Dogfish Head Bitches Brew - what a name :D 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

You are right. For another visit I'll wait until they invented teleportation because I can't stand to fly anymore.

I loved Niagara Falls. It's a tourist hell, yes, but the falls are stunning. 1000 Islands look awesome, too. You live in a fantastic area - enjoy it. Well, apart from Auburn, of course.
 
 
I'd love to have a few beers in the brewpubs with you, ebk. If there is any chance to ask Scotty to beam me across the pond - I'll be ready :drinks:
 
Dogfish Head Bitches Brew - what a name :D 
 

 

Why dont you like flying?  I never had a problem with it?  I know its expensive to travel "across the pond".  I have never been to Europe.  My wife and I do not agree much on places to visit.  California yes.  She would return.  I do not care if I ever see Nashville and I sure as hell want no part of Texas or Ohio.  Two places I just detest.  No reason to go there to find out any more. In the US, I like Florida and love Cal.  The 1000 Islands are a great place in the summer.  I would rather go back out west than go to the carribean Islands but I probably wont get my way on that one.  Alaska has alot to like in ways.  Canada?  I think they have just gone too nuts.  The cops there.  Too much crap to go through in a post 911 world.  Hell you would think they were the ones that got hit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As great as many of those beers are, they fuck with my blood glucose too much, so I stick with light beer, my best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...