Bier

Atlas

19 hours ago, zepscoda said:

That looks good, zepscoda.

With all the feasting and munching that goes on with the Christmas holidays, I refrained from beer this month. Just wine and the occasional spirit. But with football playoffs just around the corner, I am ready for a good stout.

• 1 month later...

May I recommend Big Chicken double IPA?  It's made by HenHouse Brewing Company and it has one of the best aromas I've ever smelled!  Watch out though, it goes down way too easy for such a strong beer... https://untappd.com/b/henhouse-brewing-company-big-chicken-2019/3063163

Edited by chef free

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Damn that looks good, were you in Deadwood by chance?

Didn't go that far north , we went up to Rushmore. Is Deadwood cool? If so we'll check it out next time we come back.... it's gorgeous up here!

On 6/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, zepscoda said:

Didn't go that far north , we went up to Rushmore. Is Deadwood cool? If so we'll check it out next time we come back.... it's gorgeous up here!

If you are into history it is, even if you are not it is still nestled in a very beautiful location in a small valley surrounded by the Black Hills. From around 1876 - 1900 pretty much every legend of the Old West spent time there and some like Wild Bill Hickok died there.

4 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

Anyone ever try Flying Dog craft beers?

Me!

Love the Bloodline, and really like the Snake Dog and Numero Uno.  I really wanted to love the Raging Bitch (because it's a perfect name!), but I only kinda like it.  I won't turn it down, but I won't go out of my way to order it.  I like the stouts (but I love stouts anyway).  

Try a few.  You're sure to find one or many you like. 

45 minutes ago, ebk said:

Me!

Love the Bloodline, and really like the Snake Dog and Numero Uno.  I really wanted to love the Raging Bitch (because it's a perfect name!), but I only kinda like it.  I won't turn it down, but I won't go out of my way to order it.  I like the stouts (but I love stouts anyway).  

I love Raging Bitch, had some Double Dog last night, they don’t make one bad brew.

10 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

EBK, I’m going to try Flying Dog Thunderpeel tonight, I’ll let you know how I like it.

Looks good!  Hope you enjoy and I'll wait for your review. 

On 6/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, ebk said:

Me!

A woman after my own taste-buds. Always been a fan of both stout's & porters, guess I like em dark and smooth.

19 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

A woman after my own taste-buds. Always been a fan of both stout's & porters, guess I like em dark and smooth.

:thumbsup:

I've recently discovered New Holland Brewing Dragon's Milk.  I ain't cheap, but it's worth it!! 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, ebk said:

:thumbsup:

I've recently discovered New Holland Brewing Dragon's Milk.  I ain't cheap, but it's worth it!! 

Hows it going Esther?  I will have to go to Beers of the World up here to see if I can find any of these?  I buy Guinness.   The drought now.  Though I love the stout.  They have the bottle with the Pelican out now

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hows it going Esther?  I will have to go to Beers of the World up here to see if I can find any of these?  I buy Guinness.   The drought now.  Though I love the stout.  They have the bottle with the Pelican out now

Hey Rick.  Things are going... and I can't seem to stop them ;)

Got an email from Total Wine letting me know Harpoon Brewing has teamed up with Dunkin' for a coffee pale ale.  I may have to check that out... 

23 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I love Guinness both the stout and drought.

12 hours ago, ebk said:

Hey Rick.  Things are going... and I can't seem to stop them ;)

Got an email from Total Wine letting me know Harpoon Brewing has teamed up with Dunkin' for a coffee pale ale.  I may have to check that out... 

EBK another great craft beer is Heavy Seas from Maryland, Double Cannon, Tropicannon and Loose Cannon I recommend.