Bier

Atlas

2 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

EBK another great craft beer is Heavy Seas from Maryland, Double Cannon, Tropicannon and Loose Cannon I recommend.

Love Loose Cannon!  I also love Smooth Sail - it's a great beer for the ballpark.  There's a Heavy Seas beer cart right outside of our section, so it's quite convenient  :) 

There's a Heavy Seas brew pub in Baltimore where we go sometimes after a game.  They make a lovely stout float - yes, really.  Great stout with a scoop of ice cream.  Try it out for dessert sometime. 

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Love Loose Cannon!  I also love Smooth Sail - it's a great beer for the ballpark.  There's a Heavy Seas beer cart right outside of our section, so it's quite convenient  :) 

There's a Heavy Seas brew pub in Baltimore where we go sometimes after a game.  They make a lovely stout float - yes, really.  Great stout with a scoop of ice cream.  Try it out for dessert sometime. 

I will some time EBK, didn’t know you were from Maryland, you sure have some great craft beer, my favorites are from there.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I gotta say, I'm not a huge IPA fan after trying several local brews. 

IPA and Stouts are my favorites, I really don’t drink any other types of beer. I like some barley wines also.

Edited by BledZabbath

On 6/14/2019 at 8:26 PM, ebk said:

Hey Rick.  Things are going... and I can't seem to stop them ;)

Got an email from Total Wine letting me know Harpoon Brewing has teamed up with Dunkin' for a coffee pale ale.  I may have to check that out... 

Funny you should mention that.  My daugher and son in law brought this winter ale over with a light blue label that said there was coffee in it. I did not really taste it myself.  But only tried it once.  I forget the name though. I just checked my frig and I am out. I think its still in the store here so next time I go Ill try to get a picture of it.  Hang in there Esther

On 6/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, BledZabbath said:

I love Guinness both the stout and drought.

My favorite for sure.  I always thought it was more of a winter "beer" but the stout is probably a better choice in the  winter and the drought in the summer.  Its about all I drink now.  But I do like Blue Moon and Leinenkuegal also.  Summer Shandy

On 6/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My favorite for sure.  I always thought it was more of a winter "beer" but the stout is probably a better choice in the  winter and the drought in the summer.  Its about all I drink now.  But I do like Blue Moon and Leinenkuegal also.  Summer Shandy

You should try Murphy’s Stout, it’s really smooth.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, BledZabbath said:

You should try Murphy’s Stout, it’s really smooth.

Ill bet.  I have been drinking stricktly Guinness lately.  I tried Young's chocolate stout once but did not really taste the chocolate. The Oatmeal stout is not bad either. But good ole Guinness is easier to find

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Blah!!!!

Had a case of Costco brand ales delivered to the house. The case included some brown ale, IPA, blonde ale, and a pale ale. The brown was pretty good, the blonde was piss, the pale ale only "meh!"--- and the IPA tasted like it came out of the ass of a dead rhinoceros.  I actually had to buy a 6 pack of Pabst Blue ribbon to "cut" the Costco IPA just so I could sneak up on it and swallow it.

Note to self:  Never buy a beer "grab bag" from a club store again.

PS-- never thought it possible to make Pabst beer taste worse than it already is.  What a sin.

Edited by kipper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What the hell happened ton Newcasltle Brown Ale?  They changed not only the bottle but the recipe.

Used to be one of my favorites, now it SUCKS ASS.

This "new" Newcastle is worse than new Coke was. 

newcastlebrownale12oz__62396.1350670375.ci-newcastle-brown-ale-0d899397a9a3d1a1.

Edited by kipper