Bier

Atlas

• 4 weeks later...

Reunion-Square-11-web-150x150.jpg

Terrapin Shmaltz Reunion '11 - it's a lovely dark brewed with cocoa nibs, vanilla and chilli pepper. And, it's for a good cause. Check it out - if you can still find it somewhere.

I just read that the 2012 is brewed with cinnamon instead of chilli pepper. I'll be looking for it.

• 4 weeks later...

BrewersArt.jpg

From The Brewers Art - they have a lovely restaurant/pub in Baltimore. This is such a lovely bottle! And the beer is good, too!! :)

St. Festivus

This brown winter ale is brewed

with 5 types of malt, noble hops,

then subtly spiced with Curaçao

orange peel and ginger. 8%abv

• 1 month later...

I love St Bernardus. And Rochefort

ally, that looks good. I'll check my local store and see if they have it.

It's a new product from Howe Sound and seasonal but it is outstanding. Hope you're able to :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

_small_28.png

Had this at the local beer store/bar tonight. It's unlike any stout I've had before. Lots going on, but overall, very herb-y. Smooth, but not thick like lots of stouts. I wouldn't turn it down if offered, but I didn't go into the store to buy a bottle afterward. Had to try it - I didn't even know they had been doing a Game of Thrones series until a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 months later...

Tonight's stout pick:

SmokedStout%20label.jpg?format=500w

I'd never heard of the brewery, but I will now be looking for other stuff from them. This is really smooth and rich with just the right hint of smokiness. Really lovely.

I bought a mixed six of stouts last week. Had the Evolution Rise Up Coffee Stout last night. It was nice. Like all of Evo's brews.

Waiting in the wings:

Founders Breakfast Stout

Terrapin Moo Hoo

Magic Hat Heart of Darkness

Bells Java Stout

I'd better get drinking!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ind_bp_warlock1.jpg

I can't believe I didn't post - and rave - about this beer last year!! It's do damn good, when this year's came out I bought several bottles. I love stouts. And this is a very seasonal pumpkin stout. Fabulous!!

ind_bp_pumking1.jpg

This is the other seasonal that everyone waits for from Southern Tier - the Pumking. It is sensational. I have a bottle in the basement, but I'm waiting for next Friday to drink it on Halloween. Love the stuff.

There's very little from Southern Tier that I don't like a lot.

One of the many great beers made at the local pub (another location in Halifax) - http://www.granitebrewery.ca/. Knowledgeable staff who always provide friendly, attentive but unobtrusive service. A rare find.

beer-darkside-black-ipa.jpg

Darkside Black IPA Black in colour, this IPA starts with a rich maltiness and follows with a very hoppy bitter finish. Using five different malts and three hop additions, it is a strong but well balanced, unique ale.

Original Gravity – 1068
Alcohol Content – 6.75%

Best paired with: Ribs and Pasta

http://www.granitebrewery.ca/beer/ Check out their other options here.

Looks delish Patrycja. Wonder if I can find it around here... I'll certainly look.

This afternoon, I had some local brew.

2426953.png?352

I liked the taste as much as the name :) I'll definitely be buying some of this.