Jimmy Page Intends to Play New Material Live in 2010

SteveAJones

Great news!!!thumbsup.gif

Jimmy promised things like this a few times before, but somehow I think this time it is (much more) serious!!

After all, we know from It might get loud and from his rehersals with Jones, Jason and Myles Kennedy that he really has quite a lot of new material!! And he sounds really determined this times and even if he is not giving an exact time frame, he says clearly that it is next year!!

And i don't agrre with kaiser, that perhaps he should just do it for himself, if not for others, just to remain active!

I'm shure he plays guitar quite often at home for himself and maybe even every day, so he is active, but if he starts a project, he needs other musicians, singers, he needs to record, arrange songs and so on!!

He can't just do all that for himself!! If he does all that, than it would be really weird, that he wouldn't released his amazing music for the world to hear!!

It seems many are suggesting singers and dreaming up world tour itineraries, to which I can only say lower your expectations....

Exactly. All he may end up doing is playing a new song on a ukelele at the opening of a supermarket. People here jump way to fast to their ideal conclusions.

Exactly. All he may end up doing is playing a new song on a ukelele at the opening of a supermarket. People here jump way to fast to their ideal conclusions.

I'd be happy if it was just him and an acoustic or electric with Led Zeppelin backing tracks (giving guitar lessons/ having seminars to a crowd of a hundred or less) per city (at a premium). Steve Vai is doing that and it's working very well for him.

R:)

I'd be happy if it was just him and an acoustic or electric with Led Zeppelin backing tracks (giving guitar lessons/ having seminars to a crowd of a hundred or less) per city (at a premium). Steve Vai is doing that and it's working very well for him.

What works for Steve Vai works for Steve Vai. Jimmy Page won't be doing that unless a ukelele & a supermarket opening are involved.

What works for Steve Vai works for Steve Vai. Jimmy Page won't be doing that unless a ukelele & a supermarket opening are involved.

^^^ With responses like this above, maybe this may explain why Jimmy Page hasn't been around in the general public eye or on stage touring for a few years (if a few so-called fans (forum posters) disrespecting JP on Led Zeppelin.com act like this, maybe he shouldn't perform for those acting like children). This "idea" that I suggested above would give those who actually have a serious interest in the music of Led Zep and JP, an honest opportunity to meet in a smaller/controlled environment (still with Security in mind) to give and receive feedback and some interaction/ seminar time with him (while enjoying/celebrating the legacy of his/Led Zeppelin's music).

R

^^^ With responses like this above, maybe this may explain why Jimmy Page hasn't been around for a few years (if a few so -called fans disrespecting JP on Led Zeppelin.com act like this, maybe he shouldn't perform for those acting like children). This "idea" that I suggested above would give those who actually have a serious interest in the music of Led Zep and JP an honest opportunity to meet in a smaller/controlled environment (still with Security in mind) to give and receive feedback and interaction with him.

R

1) First off, I'm not disrespecting Jimmy Page. I would hardly think I'm keeping him from pursuing his musical interests or that any of the other "so called fans" are doing the same. I give the man enough credit that he is in total control of his career & how he chooses to deal with it.

2) Once again, Jimmy Page is not Steve Vai. Steve Vai does what Steve Vai does because of the size of his career & legacy in relation to Steve Vai. He's hardly Jimmy Page. Jimmy Page is not going to give guitar seminars ala Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, & who ever else you want to throw into the mix just because it's something you would like to see. Nice "idea" but it's not going to happen. This is why I agreed with Steve A.Jones when he said people should keep their expectations realistic & I threw in a scenario itself that won't happen. It's called levity. I didn't think I'd have to explain it thoroughly. Understand it now?

3) I would think that Page would either record or play live or both in a manner similar to what he did in 1988. What a stretch. Not for Page but for the people who aren't realistic.

1) First off, I'm not disrespecting Jimmy Page. I would hardly think I'm keeping him from pursuing his musical interests or that any of the other "so called fans" are doing the same. I give the man enough credit that he is in total control of his career & how he chooses to deal with it.

2) Once again, Jimmy Page is not Steve Vai. Steve Vai does what Steve Vai does because of the size of his career & legacy in relation to Steve Vai. He's hardly Jimmy Page. Jimmy Page is not going to give guitar seminars ala Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, & who ever else you want to throw into the mix just because it's something you would like to see. Nice "idea" but it's not going to happen. This is why I agreed with Steve A.Jones when he said people should keep their expectations realistic & I threw in a scenario itself that won't happen. It's called levity. I didn't think I'd have to explain it thoroughly. Understand it now?

3) I would think that Page would either record or play live or both in a manner similar to what he did in 1988. What a stretch. Not for Page but for the people who aren't realistic.

Unrealistic is him playing a ukelele in front a supermarket.

People talking about Page playing live and giving their opinions of what they'd like to see is just that (their ideas and opinions; not unrealistic expectations).

I give them more credit for having a grasp on reality.

I believe some people just like starting arguments for the sake of arguing (so, please keep that in mind or you may be reported for Trolling). I'm just here to enjoy the music of Led Zep and share in productive interaction with those who have mutual respect for each other (whether they agree or not).

R

Well, I think Jimmy Page is the only one in the place to tell what he is going to do and what not.

I'm with you on this, glicine. When it comes to Jimmy, I'd be ready for a couple of surprises. Just in case.

(keeping my fingers crossed, whispering)Go Jimmy, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Cause some of us are holding our breaths already. :)

No high expectations here, just come out and play, Mr. Page. :)

Yes/ No expectations here. (I do have a wish list a mile long like a lot of others, too, though).

People talking about Page playing live and giving their opinions of what they'd like to see if just that (their ideas and opinions; not unrealistic expectations).

R

"Unrealistic is him playing ukelele in front of a supermarket"? No sh*t Sherlock. Once again, levity. Sorry I didn't write "lol" or " :P ". I thought a person just might catch on in context to what I replied to Steve. Ideally I'd think people would like all the things that they posted but once again unrealistic expectations. My extreme example that I had posted is as viable as any of the pipe dreams anyone else posted. At least I know mine was unrealistic.

It seems many are suggesting singers and dreaming up world tour itineraries, to which I can only say lower your expectations....

Steve, what do you know that we don't know ... hmmm, I think you know more. :shifty:

I said this before, so it's kind of redundant. But Jimmy has been in the spot light for a couple of years now (or maybe even longer), but with the O2, then the Olympics, followed by IMGL, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I think he's finding his way back onto some kind of tour, or some planned special appearances. But, whatever, every occasion has been fun and let's hope he continues to love what he does ... 'cause we sure do!!! I'm getting excited now too.

People talking about Page playing live and giving their opinions of what they'd like to see is just that (their ideas and opinions; not unrealistic expectations).

I believe some people just like starting arguments for the sake of arguing (so, please keep that in mind or you may be reported for Trolling). I'm just here to enjoy the music of Led Zep and share in productive interaction with those who have mutual respect for each other (whether they agree or not).

R

I was hoping that JPJ having such a great time with TCV would make Jimmy want to play live again. Whatever the reason, it will be great to hear something new from The Master, Mr. Page. :thumbsup:

[/quote

This makes sense to me. Maybe John Paul Jones helped to tip the scales.

R

I'm not starting an arguement. You referred to me as a "so-called fan", not the other way around, because you didn't like what I wrote. I never got personal, you did on top of large speculations on what Page does/doesn't do because of people "so-called fans" like me. You quoted me & I responded. Once again my point, in referring to Steve's point, was in having realistic expectations.

I'm not starting an arguement. You referred to me as a "so-called fan", not the other way around, because you didn't like what I wrote. I never got personal, you did on top of large speculations on what Page does/doesn't do because of people "so-called fans" like me. You quoted me & I responded. Once again my point, in referring to Steve's point, was in having realistic expectations.

Reid is a knowledgeable, loyal enthusiast of Jimmy's and I've enjoyed exchanging posts with him the past couple years. You guys are embroiled in a silly exchange now but if you'll both just let it go we'll all be better off.

when the announcement was made that plant was not going to do the zep reunion tour I guessed that Jimmy would get together with jeff beck and clapton and do a

British guitar Gods Tour with each of them playing for an hour on their own and then they all jam for an hour at the end. They would make a fortune. A four hour show is unheard of these days so it would justify a higher tik price...that's if they are even interested in making as much as they can. I like to think jimmy is so well off that he only does it for fun and not for the money, but i wouldn't know.

With beck and clapton doing six(is it six?) shows together it's a possibility. Like many many other possibilities.

Jon Anderson from Yes did a solo tour a few years ago. It was just him on stage and he had prerecorded music to go with his singing. It was amazing. I can't imagine Jimmy doing something similar. It would be awesome i'm sure.

Either way, no matter what he does i'm sure i'll be happy!

Jon Anderson from Yes did a solo tour a few years ago. It was just him on stage and he had prerecorded music to go with his singing. It was amazing. I can't imagine Jimmy doing something similar. It would be awesome i'm sure.

Page definitely won't play to a backing track.

Archived