Jimmy Page Intends to Play New Material Live in 2010

SteveAJones

when the announcement was made that plant was not going to do the zep reunion tour I guessed that Jimmy would get together with jeff beck and clapton and do a

British guitar Gods Tour with each of them playing for an hour on their own and then they all jam for an hour at the end. They would make a fortune. A four hour show is unheard of these days so it would justify a higher tik price...that's if they are even interested in making as much as they can. I like to think jimmy is so well off that he only does it for fun and not for the money, but i wouldn't know.

With beck and clapton doing six(is it six?) shows together it's a possibility. Like many many other possibilities.

Jon Anderson from Yes did a solo tour a few years ago. It was just him on stage and he had prerecorded music to go with his singing. It was amazing. I can't imagine Jimmy doing something similar. It would be awesome i'm sure.

Either way, no matter what he does i'm sure i'll be happy!

This would be a dream come true, as I have tickets to the Friday Feb. 19th concert at MSG. The three guitarists from the Yardbirds! How fantastic would that be? But I think that we are getting our hopes up and dreaming way too high about this possibility. ANYTHING by Jimmy, in any shape or form, is greatly anticipated and will be appreciated. Whatever he may do will be loved by us fans. The demand to see him perform live will be so great, I just hope that everyone who has the desire and the means will be able to see him. A one-off performance will not be enough to meet the demand to see him.

"Unrealistic is him playing ukelele in front of a supermarket"? No sh*t Sherlock. Once again, levity. Sorry I didn't write "lol" or " :P ". I thought a person just might catch on in context to what I replied to Steve. Ideally I'd think people would like all the things that they posted but once again unrealistic expectations. My extreme example that I had posted is as viable as any of the pipe dreams anyone else posted. At least I know mine was unrealistic.

Yes. You should have written "lol" or something to represent your thoughts better here in the forum.

It would have helped me and others understand you better. No harm no foul.

Now, let's look forward to what's ahead in 2010 and enjoy this holiday season.

R:)

Page definitely won't play to a backing track.

Maybe someone can shine some light on The Olympics opening ceremony when JP performed.

Was Guy Pratt's (bass) part and the drums (as I didn't see a drummer) for "Whole Lotta Love" pre-recorded?

Yes. You should have written "lol" or something to represent your thoughts better here in the forum.

It would have helped me and others understand you better. No harm no foul.

Now, let's look forward to what's ahead in 2010 and enjoy this holiday season.

No problem. I apologize for the Sherlock comment, that was rude on my part. Anyway, enjoy the holidays.

Reid is a knowledgeable, loyal enthusiast of Jimmy's and I've enjoyed exchanging posts with him the past couple years. You guys are embroiled in a silly exchange now but if you'll both just let it go we'll all be better off.

Thanks, Steve. We're all cool. R:)

Maybe someone can shine some light on The Olympics opening ceremony when JP performed. Was Guy Pratt's (bass) part and the drums (as I didn't see a drummer) for "Whole Lotta Love" pre-recorded?

Every note of the bass and drums was pre-recorded as a backing track at Olympic Studios in London by co-producers Philip Sheppard and Steve Robson with as near to an authentic setup as possible - even down to the risers for the drums and correct amps. Guy Pratt on bass, Geoff Dugmore on drums. Sheppard & Robson were dismayed to learn after the fact that the direct feed of music and sound (which they'd spent months preparing) didn't find its way from the stadium to television sets.

guy-jimmy-geoffdugmoreOlympicStudio.jpg

Guy Pratt, Jimmy Page, Geoff Dugmore, Olympic Studios in Barnes, England 2008

Photo Credit: Philip Sheppard

20080824Beijing.jpg

Jimmy Page & Leona Lewis perform 'Whole Lotta Love' in Beijing, China, August 24, 2008

Photo Credit: Philip Sheppard

Photos courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

This would be a dream come true, as I have tickets to the Friday Feb. 19th concert at MSG. The three guitarists from the Yardbirds! How fantastic would that be? But I think that we are getting our hopes up and dreaming way too high about this possibility. ANYTHING by Jimmy, in any shape or form, is greatly anticipated and will be appreciated. Whatever he may do will be loved by us fans. The demand to see him perform live will be so great, I just hope that everyone who has the desire and the means will be able to see him. A one-off performance will not be enough to meet the demand to see him.

Like the zeppelin reunion!

I'll be at the 2/19 NYC show as well. I'll probably catch the thursday nite show as well on 2/18. There's no way that this is going to be a show with jimmy as a headliner, but maybe, possibly a guest appearance.

Agreed that either he does a tour which covers many venues or he'll do a video of one of the shows so that everyone can enjoy it.

Rolling Stone.com

December 18, 2009

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page Plans Return to Stage in 2010

Jimmy Page plans to return to the stage in 2010, but it won't be alongside the rest of Led Zeppelin. With Robert Plant and Alison Krauss working on the follow-up to the Grammy-winning Raising Sand and John Paul Jones now playing with Josh Homme and Dave Grohl in Them Crooked Vultures, Page is tired of waiting to rock and will take whatever new material he's cultivated to the stage next year.

"We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it," Page tells Sky News (via Spinner). "I've got the music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing. It's been two years since the 02, so it's time to do that."

In fact, it's been exactly two years and eight days since Led Zeppelin with drummer Jason Bonham reunited at London's 02 Arena for a tribute concert. Since then, Plant and Jones have both pursued side projects while Page limited his appearances to a cameo at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony and the documentary It Might Get Loud, which co-starred the Edge and Jack White.

No details yet regarding what Page has in store for his 2010 live plans, but we have a suggestion that seems rather plausible: With Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck plotting U.S. tour dates, why not add another former Yardbird like Jimmy Page to the bill? Page previously inducted Beck into the Rock Hall. With Roger Daltrey also in the mix he's already joining Clapton on tour in 2010 as a special guest you've got a pretty nice supergroup.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/12/18/led-zeppelins-jimmy-page-plans-return-to-stage-in-2010/

Boston Globe

December 18, 2009

Jimmy Page's tour promise

Jimmy Page is going to tour again in 2010 - with or without his Led Zeppelin bandmates.

The legendary guitarist has a host of new songs written and plans to release and tour them in the New year.

Jimmy - who played a one-off concert with Led Zeppelin at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 - said: "We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it. I've got the music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing. It's been two years since The 02 show, so it's time to do that."Jimmy, 65, insists he has never fallen out of love with the guitar and says his relationship with his instrument is like a happy marriage.

The musician - who has been married three times and is currently wed to Jimena Gomez-Paratcha, mother to three of his five children -added to Sky News: "There's this bonding with this instrument. It's as simple as that, they sort of speak with their own character. You can have this marvellous affair with a guitar, almost like a marriage. But at the end of the day it doesn't ask you for alimony."

Jimmy's Led Zeppelin bandmates Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are both busy with their own projects.

Robert is recording another album with Alison Krauss, while John has just released an LP with his super-group Them Crooked Vultures, which also includes Foo Fighters rocker Dave Grohl and Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.

http://www.boston.co...s_tour_promise/

------------------------------------

Too funny! Seems to me the only facts they got right are Jimmy's quotes and JPJ being busy with his own project.

Boston Globe

December 18, 2009

Jimmy Page is going to tour again in 2010 - with or without his Led Zeppelin bandmates.

The legendary guitarist has a host of new songs written and plans to release and tour them in the New year.

Jimmy - who played a one-off concert with Led Zeppelin at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 - said: "We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it. I've got the music waiting, and that's what I'll be doing. It's been two years since The 02 show, so it's time to do that."Jimmy, 65, insists he has never fallen out of love with the guitar and says his relationship with his instrument is like a happy marriage.

The musician - who has been married three times and is currently wed to Jimena Gomez-Paratcha, mother to three of his five children -added to Sky News: "There's this bonding with this instrument. It's as simple as that, they sort of speak with their own character. You can have this marvellous affair with a guitar, almost like a marriage. But at the end of the day it doesn't ask you for alimony."

Jimmy's Led Zeppelin bandmates Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are both busy with their own projects.

Robert is recording another album with Alison Krauss, while John has just released an LP with his super-group Them Crooked Vultures, which also includes Foo Fighters rocker Dave Grohl and Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.

Too funny! Seems to me the only facts they got right are Jimmy's quotes and JPJ being busy with his own project.

but that's an old quote, isn't it? i know i have read it before ....

Boston Globe

December 18, 2009

Exactly. Beyond getting actual facts wrong (Page's state of relationships,etc) the BG completely jumped the gun as to what he's going to do. It's articles like these that help in creating unrealistic expectations.

As far as the Rolling Stone article I must admit that it has been a wish of mine for Page to do something with Beck, even if it's just one recorded song on something like a one-off charity album or whatever. Their appearance onstage at the HOF last year was really heart warming & it would be nice to see their mutual good vibes do something else musically.

Rolling Stone.com

December 18, 2009

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page Plans Return to Stage in 2010

No details yet regarding what Page has in store for his 2010 live plans, but we have a suggestion that seems rather plausible: With Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck plotting U.S. tour dates, why not add another former Yardbird like Jimmy Page to the bill? Page previously inducted Beck into the Rock Hall. With Roger Daltrey also in the mix — he's already joining Clapton on tour in 2010 as a special guest — you've got a pretty nice supergroup.

OMG, could it be? Didn't even Ross say something is going to happen early in the new year? And Jimmy and Jeff jammed together in April which was great. And 6 shows isn't too huge a commitment ... it all sounds too perfect. Well, I'm going to be at the Beck Clapton show and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

IF HE SHOWS UP AT THE CLAPTON/BECK GARDEN GIGS I WILL HAVE A STROKE! But seriously, if Jimmy goes on tour I will be the happiest person on the planet. My life will be complete the day I see Jimmy Page in the flesh. I will definately cry the first time I see him, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it!

ame='wholelottajimmy' date='19 December 2009 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1261239767' post='431154']

IF HE SHOWS UP AT THE CLAPTON/BECK GARDEN GIGS I WILL HAVE A STROKE! But seriously, if Jimmy goes on tour I will be the happiest person on the planet. My life will be complete the day I see Jimmy Page in the flesh. I will definately cry the first time I see him, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it!

what about meeting him in person lol

Jimmy treading the boards, grey hair, shades on, axe round him playing a kick ass riff as he swaggers around the stage looking cool...Ahhh 2010 is going to be great.

Indeed! And hmmmmm, perhaps another visit to the O2 for the Clapton and Beck shows in Feb. will be quite worthwhile... B)

Archived