Jimmy Page Intends to Play New Material Live in 2010

SteveAJones

Indeed! And hmmmmm, perhaps another visit to the O2 for the Clapton and Beck shows in Feb. will be quite worthwhile... B)

Merry solstice and happy holidays, Allison! Nice to see you 'round these parts again. I can tell that you're hating life in Blighty... :)

I'm so thrilled to hear that Jimmy will be going on tour in 2010; it's like an early Christmas present.

Merry solstice and happy holidays, Allison! Nice to see you 'round these parts again. I can tell that you're hating life in Blighty... :)

I'm so thrilled to hear that Jimmy will be going on tour in 2010; it's like an early Christmas present.

And happy hols to you, FireOpal!!!! It's great to see you here, too! Yeah, it's just a trial to be here (NOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!). No, seriously, it's everything I'd hoped for--I'm so happy to be here I have to pinch myself on a regular basis to make sure it's real. Let me know if you hop across the pond!

Can't wait to see Jimmy play in the new year :)

what about meeting him in person lol

post-967-126139109767_thumb.jpg

Omg, if I met him in person idk what I would do I'd probably start shaking and crying lol. That's an awesome picture though, you're so lucky! Did you just have a random encounter with him or was it like...planned? lol

Oh I should have known better. I understand many have a blind allegiance and a unbreakable emotional attachment to their idols and put them at the forefront even if they're only playing a side role. Jimmy spoke at Jeff's HOF induction ceremony and played in the shadows of him, so to speak as Jeff was the MAIN attraction on the stage at that moment.Some people become so starstruck that they over emphasize a minor role in an act.It'd have been nice if Jimmy stood out more musically, but even he realized the ceremony was for Jeff thereby standing in the shadows. You obviously put your personal spotlight on Jimmy as he backed Beck. Try not to blind him please.

Oh I should have known better. I understand many have a blind allegiance and a unbreakable emotional attachment to their idols and put them at the forefront even if they're only playing a side role. Jimmy spoke at Jeff's HOF induction ceremony and played in the shadows of him, so to speak as Jeff was the MAIN attraction on the stage at that moment.Some people become so starstruck that they over emphasize a minor role in an act.It'd have been nice if Jimmy stood out more musically, but even he realized the ceremony was for Jeff thereby standing in the shadows. You obviously put your personal spotlight on Jimmy as he backed Beck. Try not to blind him please.

Yes, Jeff was being inducted and the ceremony was in his honour and that of other fellow inductees for their life long contribution of excellence in music. I, on the other hand was there to see Jimmy induct Jeff and get a chance to see and hear him play. I'm so glad you now understand. Happy holidays!

I didn't sense blind hero worship from her. By "steal the show" I think she meant Jimmy Page's participation in the ceremony as speaker and performer gave the event tangible grandure, if you will, that it wouldn't have had otherwise.

It's hard to believe anyone, even an unaldutered Jimmy Page fan, would find a Jeff Beck "solo" appearance (if Jimmy hadn't been there) unworthy of "tangible gradeur". Jimmy's own words, "He's been instrumental in pioneering a whole blueprint that was totally unique to him and...has been such a blueprint for everyone else to learn from," Page told Billboard.com before the ceremony. "No one's ever equaled what Jeff's done. He really shifted the whole sound and face of electric guitar music." My senses are that there was blind hero worship or whatever you want to call it for an introductary role. But hey, that's OK.

It's hard to believe anyone, even an unaldutered Jimmy Page fan, would find a Jeff Beck "solo" appearance (if Jimmy hadn't been there) unworthy of "tangible gradeur". Jimmy's own words, "He's been instrumental in pioneering a whole blueprint that was totally unique to him and...has been such a blueprint for everyone else to learn from," Page told Billboard.com before the ceremony. "No one's ever equaled what Jeff's done. He really shifted the whole sound and face of electric guitar music." My senses are that there was blind hero worship or whatever you want to call it for an introductory role. But hey, that's OK.

Larry, you may recall Jimmy did Jeff's induction speech, joined him for a jam and participated in the grand finale.

It's hard to believe anyone, least of all Jeff, would find the event nearly as memorable if Jimmy wasn't involved.

Regardless, that is all firmly in the past and this thread pertains to the future.

Yes I recall, and I personally believe Jeff stands as tall on his own merits as Jimmy. Of course his appearance only added to the spectacle, and now we WILL look forward to the future hoping any Jimmy participation will uphold his high standards. You see, I was disappointed in Jimmy's performance at the HOF and the Olympics (pantomimed). I put personal emphasis on his playing, not just his presence alone.

Yes I recall, and I personally believe Jeff stands as tall on his own merits as Jimmy. Of course his appearance only added to the spectacle, and now we WILL look forward to the future hoping any Jimmy participation will uphold his high standards. You see, I was disappointed in Jimmy's performance at the HOF and the Olympics (pantomimed). I put personal emphasis on his playing, not just his presence alone.

Watch the portion of the event when Beck's video tribute ends and Jimmy is introduced for his speech. The room erupts and the camera turns to Beck in the audience. He looks around the arena with a big smile and then looks at his wife as if to say, "Jimmy hasn't even done anything yet and he's stolen the show!" That's not to say that he out-musicianed anyone or whatever, and it's not a knock on Beck. It's just a fact that he has a lot more charisma than the great majority of guitarists and Page fans aren't the only ones who seem to notice it.

I didn't sense blind hero worship from her. By "steal the show" I think she meant Jimmy Page's participation in the ceremony as speaker and performer gave the event tangible grandure, if you will, that it wouldn't have had otherwise.

Thank you, Steve. I appreciate your supportive comments.

What I really started to say wrt to LarryD's comment was 'boy, you're never going to forget that darn guitar strap". Instead, I chose to focus on what should be the more memorable part of Jimmy's appearance. Call it what you will.

Also, I want to add that I did not intend to belittle or disrespect Jeff Beck in any way. I'm just not very familiar with his work. Although I have mentioned once too many times already that after seeing him in Cleveland, I'm going to see him play in February. So, obviously, I thought he was terrific. My sister and I were talking about him the other night and how wonderful his performance was, and how effortless he made it all seem.

Enough said, now let's focus on - what else?

Well, these are some news. Although, I don't really think it'll concern me, with living in Austria. Not many people I'm interested in find their way here... But I'm happy for those who are able to see him, if he's going to tour.

And, concerning the Embryo No. 1 Video... it's already been removed from youtube - I spent weeks to find it and then I'm not online here for two weeks and manage to miss it!

Archived