JImmy Page #2 Les Paul signature from Gibson

huw

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised not to have seen this on here yet (maybe I missed the thread?). It's all over the Les Paul forums.

Anyway, appologies if you've seen this before:

JP2%20press1%20small.JPG

JP2%20press2%20small.JPG

What's also all over the Les Paul forums is how GC screwed some of their pre-paid ($20,000) customers to up the price and re-sale them for $80,000. After a huge uproar started GC decided to donate the guitars to charity to save face. I'm talking about some of the 25 autographed ones by Jimmy. A long story but that's the short of it.

Gibson did an incredible job replicating Jimmy's "Number 2" Les Paul.But i REALLY HATE the fact that these guitars are so god damn expensive!!!20.000 USD???I mean wtf :blink:

With that money,i can live a good life for about 3 years!!

It's clear that Fender and Gibson guitars are the best,in all terms (sound,quality,everything),but come on!20.000 USD FOR A GUITAR?I would sell it for about 6000,(still expensive,but Jimmy played one of those babies).I really laughed when i read at Gibson's website that "now the Jimmy Page Number 2 Les Paul is avainable to mere mortals"...Jimmy is my hero,i just wish me,and other hardcore fans were able to obtain this guitar.At least Fender guitars have some more "down to earth" prices,and thank God,i have been able to get a Telecaster,my favourite.

Gibson did an incredible job replicating Jimmy's "Number 2" Les Paul.But i REALLY HATE the fact that these guitars are so god damn expensive!!!20.000 USD???I mean wtf blink.gif

With that money,i can live a good life for about 3 years!!

It's clear that Fender and Gibson guitars are the best,in all terms (sound,quality,everything),but come on!20.000 USD FOR A GUITAR?I would sell it for about 6000,(still expensive,but Jimmy played one of those babies).I really laughed when i read at Gibson's website that "now the Jimmy Page Number 2 Les Paul is avainable to mere mortals"...Jimmy is my hero,i just wish me,and other hardcore fans were able to obtain this guitar.At least Fender guitars have some more "down to earth" prices,and thank God,i have been able to get a Telecaster,my favourite.

Gibson Les Paul's in general are expensive. The lowest price I've recently seen on a Les Paul Standard was around $3,700. The price has come down where it was a lot from their pre-global recession prices, but they're still ridiculously overpriced.

Gibson Les Paul's in general are expensive. The lowest price I've recently seen on a Les Paul Standard was around $3,700. The price has come down where it was a lot from their pre-global recession prices, but they're still ridiculously overpriced.

Exactly pal,still ridiculously overpriced!!

Archived