Jimmy's return to Beijing.

glicine

I read this news yesterday. Great!

Does somebody know, which songs he play?

if Page sits in with Aerosmith again I would like to hear them play

Train Kept-A-Rollin

The Rover

Who Do You Love *

(with some Zeppelin riffs mixed in maybe WLL, Custard Pie and one or two more)

* or a cover of a different blues/rock classic

• 2 weeks later...

...Show of Peace Concert....72 days away...the silence is deafening...further details Mr. Garson?

This from China Music Radar:s

We've spoken a little over the last few weeks about the upcoming "Show of Peace" at the Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing.

Rick Garson and his ZZXY Entertainment company announced at an official press conference that alongside Jimmy Page, they had also confirmed the Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga and 50 Cent to appear at the April 17 show.

As of today (Jan 15, 2010) we have seen written confirmation from the Lady Gaga and BEP's teams that they will not be coming. Lady Gaga's people have never even heard of Rick Garson and the Show of Peace.

A couple of thoughts about this frankly unpleasant business

1. What is Garson actually trying to achieve. Is he trying to secure a massive piece of sponsorship revenue and then flee the country?
  2. The imminent failure of the event will, as we said previously, undermine the credibility of these kind of charitable initiatives, both with donors, sponsors and the public at large.
  3. Potential Chinese ticket-buyers will have been scammed once again by unethical con artists, making them even more wary about these kind of events in the future. The news that Lady Gaga will be playing in April in Beijing is all over the Chinese wires today.

Rick, please come forward and defend yourself. We would very much like to hear what you have to say.

---------------------------------

Response from Rick Garson to the above at this link: http://www.slideshar...tatement-100119

Update:

Joe Perry "taking part". Hmm, not quite the same as "performing" is it? I mean, merely speaking is taking part, isn't it...Jimmy?

Meanwhile the official Show of Peace website makes NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of the two biggest acts having dropped out.

T minus 59 days and counting

Thank God.

It's not that simple Wolfman. She was announced at the press conference as confirmed...yet her management states otherwise. What is known is she will be performing in Japan the night of the Show of Peace concert. It sounds as if the Show of Peace organizers are trying to arrange for her to participate during the day but it seems to me if this event was that important to her, let alone in principle, she would have kept her schedule open. The organizers tout the Show of Peace will be televised to over two billion people. Why would an up and coming artist pass on that exposure?

Something about the status of this whole event stinks and my "hunch" is Jimmy is now unconfirmed.

Was he ever actually confirmed as a performer (as opposed to just "taking part")?

Nothing I've seen or heard confirms Jimmy as a performer, nor taking part for that matter, aside from Gary Graff's initial report that Jimmy would be "headlining" this event. Gary is one of the most reputable journalists going, but it's starting to seem his definition of headlining is as loose as Garson's definition of confirmed. No offense to either, but Jimmy Page & Joe Perry introducing Chinese musicians in the park is hardly in the same league as Live Aid and won't be compelling viewing for two billion people.

I've checked several of the "invted" artists websites. They didn't mention the show of peace at all...and several had other shows planned for that day or the day before/after.

Between this and the fact that Obama is butting heads with the chinese government these days I'll be passing on even thinking of going.

Nothing I've seen or heard confirms Jimmy as a performer, nor taking part for that matter, aside from Gary Graff's initial report that Jimmy would be "headlining" this event. Gary is one of the most reputable journalists going, but it's starting to seem his definition of headlining is as loose as Garson's definition of confirmed. No offense to either, but Jimmy Page & Joe Perry introducing Chinese musicians in the park is hardly in the same league as Live Aid and won't be compelling viewing for two billion people.

I've uploaded the interview, no setlist was confirmed yet.

here

At 1:30 when the guy asks Jimmy about performing he didn't exactly say no...

Not exactly the type of place to start playing word games with these people especially with a language barrier.

At about 9:01 when the guy asks about Jimmy bringing his #1 he does say maybe...

More word games?

Gut says he's going to perform something, but heck if I know what or how long.

Would not like to see this event go sour :(

Didn't see this article posted here. Why is Page involved in this thing??

L.V. producer of China concert caught up in Lady Gaga, BEP ruckus

My link

By Robin Leach

Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010

A Las Vegas producer has found himself in the center of a pop star storm as he prepares for a global peace concert in China that he's presenting in less than 75 days. Rick Garson, a colorful character on the local TV and concert circuit, got into the mess when he said at a Beijing press conference that he'd committed Lady Gaga and The Black Eyed Peas to headline there on Earth Day on April 17. A Chinese music Web site promptly dismissed his announcement, saying that they were appearing elsewhere on Asian tours on that date.

The ambitious project, according to Rick and his business partner Ed Winfield, a Las Vegas TV producer, is to be a global telecast and have worldwide Internet transmission to 2 billion viewers with their Las Vegas production team and facilities. Our first report on Jan. 26 included their announcements of legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, Michael Jackson's guitarist Orianthi and Chinese superstars Xiao Ke and Ai Jing in the lineup.

Here's YouTube coverage of Rick's announcement and the Jimmy Page Global Peace Award in Beijing

Their Web site ShowofPeace.com also shows footage of the press conference that started the controversy. This morning, the Web site only lists an astounding list of pop's biggest names as "Target Artists to Be Invited." Now Rick, the head of ZZYX Entertainment, has issued an official statement to clarify his remarks:

"This statement is issued to clarify some confusion and misunderstanding following the press conference announcing the April 17 Show of Peace in Beijing and to provide an update on the involvement of Lady Gaga and The Black Eyed Peas.

1. At that time, it was anticipated that Lady Gaga and The Black Eyed Peas' involvement in the Show of Peace Concert would be confirmed. Unfortunately, as often happens with music tours, schedules change, and currently The Black Eyed Peas are not available to play live at the Show of Peace Concert on April 17. I apologize for making an announcement that implied the band's commitment to the Show of Peace Concert. However, ZZYX Entertainment is currently discussing with Lady Gaga alternative logistics to try and accommodate their existing tour schedule and maintain the band's involvement in the Show of Peace Concert. A further announcement will be made shortly.

2. It has been claimed by one Web site that the management of Lady Gaga "have never heard of Rick Garson and the Show of Peace." This is completely untrue. We have been in detailed negotiations with the management of many global artists, including Lady Gaga, whose management I have spoken to personally.

3. A question has been raised about the support for the Show of Peace Concert by the United Nations' NGO Pathways to Peace organization. PTP has Consultative Status with the United Nations and was granted official U.N. Peace Messenger status in 1987. Michael Johnson, who attended the Show of Peace Concert press conference last week, is a PTP representative to the United Nations. Show of Peace Concert producer Rick Garson has a letter of endorsement from the United Nations in New York and also received the following statement from the United Nations in China just before last week's press conference: "We reiterate our support for initiatives from civil society organizations to observe and raise awareness of International Mother Earth Day. The message of your campaign is in line with our goal of promoting balance among the economic, social and environmental needs and harmony between human beings and the planet. Our involvement as a supporting institution will contribute to your campaign and to the spreading of such messages."

In clarifying these points, I would like to remind people in China and around the world why the Show of Peace Concert is going ahead in Beijing on April 17. As Jimmy Page said at last week's press conference, music is the most powerful language in the world, and it has been my ambition for the last 10 years to use the power of music to do some good for our planet. I am surrounded by people talking about the environment and world peace. What interests me is actually doing something about it.

I plan to announce the next group of confirmed artists in mid-February, just after the Chinese New Year holiday, and I look forward to welcoming thousands of true music fans to the free open-air concert in Beijing on April 17 with the wonderful image of the Bird's Nest Stadium as the backdrop for the concert." --Rick Garson, Beijing.

ChinaMusicRadar.com had blasted Rick and the project as a "Show of Lies." That story led to Rick's clarifications. Meantime, sources now advise that the Dave Matthews Band is expected to sign on as headliners, and Rick will make that announcement on Feb. 15.

Vegas DeLuxe will continue to monitor this story.

Didn't see this article posted here. Why is Page involved in this thing??

ChinaMusicRadar.com had blasted Rick and the project as a "Show of Lies." That story led to Rick's clarifications. Meantime, sources now advise that the Dave Matthews Band is expected to sign on as headliners, and Rick will make that announcement on Feb. 15.

The Dave Matthews Band ? slapface.gif

I'm not going to denigrate Garson on this board, but I would like to remind Jimmy he doesn't need this.

I no longer plan to attend.

What is everyone talking about? Jimmy has confirmed 100% that he will be in the

show of peace concert. You cant just go to the invited artists section you have to

go to the press conference. He said in a press conference jan 12 i think or something around there that he his in. The video is also on youtube i believe. Search jimmy page press conference. He will be there dont worry!

Archived