Jimmy's return to Beijing.

glicine

There is no jimmy in artists ?! :blink:

Hmm, you are correct. Looking on the bright side, it's headed "Target artists to be invited" (thus not saying any of them is definite), but Jimmy doesn't need to be invited because . . . OK, I'm grasping at straws here. :unsure:

Confusingly, the web site http://showofpeace.com/ is counting down to April, while the title of the web page is "Show of Peace Concert | Beijing - Oct, 2010".

Countdowns are meaningless without confirmed, big name acts/artists, of which they essentially have none and it's increasingly embarrassing to see Jimmy Page associated with this boondoggle.

Countdowns are meaningless without confirmed, big name acts/artists, of which they essentially have none and it's increasingly embarrassing to see Jimmy Page associated with this boondoggle.

I, for one, don't care with who will be associated Jimmy Page. There is a word of wisdom like "the man bless the place, not vice-versa". No matter with who Jimmy will play: I am sure that his reasons will be the right ones: the love for music ... the need to stay on the radar (for an artist, the oblivion is the worst kind of death). I am sure this time is not about money.

And, anyway, there is such a thin line between selling out and promoting yourself, that I ask myself "who am I to judge it?"

But thinking about how the Chineese music market could become permeable to Zep's music makes me happy: my team will conquer another corner of the globe, and will rule the world :P

So now the show is postponed and we don't even know of Jimmy will perform!! I hope Jimmy is planning to perform on some other occasions as well, or even doing a tour!! I hope it will happen, because he is getting older and older and he should do something new soon, but i got this strange feeling, he is still hoping too much for a Zeppelin reunion and playing old material!!

It juts seems Jimmy is having a problem with creating a new album full of new material and then tour!!I hope he isn't just promising things and in reality just hoping that Robert will change his mind.

That's bad... I was so eager to see Jimmy on the stage again...:(

So now the show is postponed and we don't even know of Jimmy will perform!! I hope Jimmy is planning to perform on some other occasions as well, or even doing a tour!! I hope it will happen, because he is getting older and older and he should do something new soon, but i got this strange feeling, he is still hoping too much for a Zeppelin reunion and playing old material!!

It juts seems Jimmy is having a problem with creating a new album full of new material and then tour!!I hope he isn't just promising things and in reality just hoping that Robert will change his mind.

We're all hoping he'll return. But I don't think he's still waiting for Robert, who's definitely is not in the mood for reunion. And John Paul is busy with Them Crooked Vultures. No signs they will rejoin. May be he doesn't really know with whom to write the new album, but it sounds ridiculous...

Okay, finally I checked out this site and I have to say 'I don't get it'. Is the concert still on? It looks almost like the website was started and then abandoned? And it does reference October as the concert day. And no 'confirmed' acts, just 'invited'. That is so bizarre. And somewhere it says Jimmy is the only confirmed act but then his name isn't even on the "Artists" page. It's really poorly put together, IMHO. Of course, it's great to see Jimmy being honoured, but I also think it's depressing to see him in this 'event' if you can call it that. Mind you, if he is planning to tour this year, then, this kind of international event would certainly be potentially huge exposure. But seriously, I just wish he would get some his buddies together and go out and play music. His heart seems to be there, what's missing?

That's bad... I was so eager to see Jimmy on the stage again...sad.gif

We're all hoping he'll return. But I don't think he's still waiting for Robert, who's definitely is not in the mood for reunion. And John Paul is busy with Them Crooked Vultures. No signs they will rejoin. May be he doesn't really know with whom to write the new album, but it sounds ridiculous...

Yeah you are right!! There are really no hopes for the reunion, so Jimmy is probably really not thinking about that anymore, but he also just doesn't start anything new and atleast he shouldn't be promising anything, if he is not into it!!

Direction and discipline.

I think there have been a couple of false starts. Listening to some of Robert Plant's interviews post-O2, he seemed ambiguous about a reunion. Maybe Jimmy knew better, or maybe he didn't. After that, another attempt to form a band with JPP and JB? Maybe a little disappointed? Not that I pretend to know what's good for anyone, but, that doesn't stop me from offering up an opinion - perhaps a little injection of performances here and there, even smaller venues, that could get the momentum going, and then help to inspire some direction and discipline, or as I've heard Jimmy put it more than once, 'passion and commitment'. Hoping whatever he's searching for will be realized.

I think there have been a couple of false starts. Listening to some of Robert Plant's interviews post-O2, he seemed ambiguous about a reunion. Maybe Jimmy knew better, or maybe he didn't. After that, another attempt to form a band with JPP and JB? Maybe a little disappointed? Not that I pretend to know what's good for anyone, but, that doesn't stop me from offering up an opinion - perhaps a little injection of performances here and there, even smaller venues, that could get the momentum going, and then help to inspire some direction and discipline, or as I've heard Jimmy put it more than once, 'passion and commitment'. Hoping whatever he's searching for will be realized.

Good post, and I agree. I do wish at this point he'd make like his old buddy Jeff Back and just play instrumentals. Not that I don't like it when he has a singer, but it puts him in such a no-win situation. Every single singer (not named Robert Plant) he has ever worked with since Zeppelin has earned him scorn from some quarters.

Jeff Beck has a nice thing going, seemingly because he realized that catering to the egos of Rod Stewart types leave an instrumentalist very vulnerable in a career context. I'd be happy to see Jimmy do the same. Get some good backing musicians and get down to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know but maybe Jimmy doesn't want to just go play in some bar, he could be working on another huge project we know nothing about totally unrelated to music, mabybe he feels musically he's said what he needs to say and would rather stay home and watch football on the tele. as far as the China thing goes that really never put a bee in my bonnet anyway, there was never a thought of going to china to see him play one or too songs. I'm sure he has tonnes of new music ready but for Jimmy the stars need to be lined up, every thing needs to be just right, The china peace thing seemed to do it for him, the olympics did it for him,

I think what he needs is the superist of all super groups. Phil Lesh, Neil Pert, and Tina Turner on vocals, double album half studio half live, Id go to china to see that.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Firm 25th anniversary new album and tour. The tour could be a mix of new music combined with the other 2 albums and this time around we could here a little Bad Co and Zeppelin mixed in. Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Firm 25th anniversary new album and tour. The tour could be a mix of new music combined with the other 2 albums and this time around we could here a little Bad Co and Zeppelin mixed in. Just a thought.

I'd love to see that, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived