Your first album

John Bonham Fan

No problem whatsoever! If you need any help on translating, let me know, but it seems your doin' great by yourself! Ciao!

Thank you! mine is only a school English, a bit 'rusty, I miss the practice, then surely I need help ... Blessed are you who you speak so many languages .. English is essential then !!!!! the ideal would be that I was born in America or England, and I had a few more years in order to be present in a live concert by Led Zeppelin in its heydaysmile.gif

what I would have liked !!!!! ! Ciao anna maria

Houses of the Holy.

My friend at school gave it to me, she was all like "Comon! NAKED BABIES!!" So I said alright, went home, gave it a listen. And so my life officially began. Been ridiculously obsesed since.

My first LP ever that I owned and was mine all mine was ... Alice Cooper - School's out. I copped it at the corner store.

funny that was mine too!......my brother gave it to me back when i got my first stereo in the 70s

for zep i'd say zep 2 on cassette

• 3 weeks later...

In high school around 1983, I made cassette recordings of my friend's entire LZ record collection. I had obviously heard the songs over the years, but "Houses of the Holy" was the first record that really turned me on to the depth and beauty of the whole album. Very soon after I grew to appreciate all they had done.

Physical Graffiti, on vinyl, March 75, when I was 13. Cost me £3.60. Had seen Trampled & Houses on a TV show, then about a week later some guys played the first half at the school music club, big 'WTF?!?' moment, then I bought it. Never heard LZ before, maybe WLL, but no albums. Had been into semi-serious Rock (Stones, Who, Bowie etc) for a couple of years before, but instantly realised that LZ was the Real Deal, and that it would probably never get any better than this (PG). I think I was right.

Would love to have been 5 or 6 years older & got into them from the start, witnessing their evolution as it happened. Stunning progress in 6 years, the same amount of time it takes the average band these days to come up with just one mediocre album. Looking back, although I loved Presence at the time, I think I joined the LZ story at the highpoint; downhill all the way after that.

• 5 weeks later...

My dad had all the studio albums (except PG :P) and The Song Remains the Same on CD, and I decided to look into them one day. I like to start from the start of a band's discography, so I took Led Zeppelin I. From the opening of Good Times Bad Times, I was hooked. I didn't enjoy the second album as much at first, but in a week I loved it. Led Zeppelin III wasn't as much of a hit with me, and I didn't listen to it much, until I decided to go back to it after Houses of the Holy. Number four was awesome, although I didn't like Four Sticks or When the Levee Breaks Much (don't know why). I liked Houses of the Holy, except for the Rain Song and No Quarter, because I didn't sit down to appreciate them. My dad didn't own Physical Graffiti for some reason, so I went to Presence. I liked the album, except for Tea for One, which I still don't like very much. ITTOD was okay, and it has grown on me, but I really can't get into Carouselambra for some reason. A month or so later I bought PG, and I didn't enjoy the second half much, but it really has grown on me. It's now one of my favorite albums.

I had heard about "Zeppelin" in the summer of 1969. After I turned 14, in October of 1969, I was ready to purchase my first LZ album. It was their just released Led Zeppelin II.

Man.... I had NEVER heard ANYTHING ANYWHERE like that album !

I was hooked from the get-go.

What a way to experience one's right's of passage as 14 year old.... in the year 1969. :D

Led Zeppelin II on vinyl, probably early 1970. I would be 12 at the time. It was a fricking long time ago so I can't recall the exact date, place and price.

The first album I had outside of LZ was probably Herman's Hermits. I was crazy about them as a pre teen.

Houses of the Holy.

My friend at school gave it to me, she was all like "Comon! NAKED BABIES!!" So I said alright, went home, gave it a listen. And so my life officially began. Been ridiculously obsesed since.

And would like to say what was the first Zeppelin recording that you purchased was ?

You can give your age at the time you purchased your first Zeppelin recording.

If you would like to...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It took me a while to buy my own Zeppelin albums. I was quite content to listen to other peoples, when I did I bought I and II on the same day (early 73) not on LP but on cassette tapes that had a different running order from the LPs. I opted for cassette because of the portability factor...I took my cassette player out with me all the time...Spent a fortune on batteries.

Archived