The Earls Court Concerts

John Bonham Fan

Were the concerts inside or outside? Based on the name I always thought it was an outside thing and there was no indications I saw on the DVDs that it was either. But then I saw Pink Floyd : Pulse, which is an inside venue, but its almost 20 years after.

Were the concerts inside or outside? Based on the name I always thought it was an outside thing and there was no indications I saw on the DVDs that it was either. But then I saw Pink Floyd : Pulse, which is an inside venue, but its almost 20 years after.

Inside...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earls_Court_Exhibition_Centre#Music_concerts

800px-Earls_Court_Exhibition_Centre.jpg

In the UK though Earls Court is generally more known as an exhidbition center.

There was 5 concerts in total, and two complete videoss of the 24th/25th May gigs....

Yes, you are correct. There were 5 Earl's Court gigs during the month of May 1975, and as far as I know, only the 24th and 25th are complete and on dvd. I know this because I own both of these dvd's and have tried to acquire the other 3 dvd's to no avail. For whatever reasons that I do not know, I do not think the other Earl's Court footage is in circulation or even exist. If they do exist, I am sure that Jimmy and Robert have these gigs in their own private collection.

Yes, you are correct. There were 5 Earl's Court gigs during the month of May 1975, and as far as I know, only the 24th and 25th are complete and on dvd. I know this because I own both of these dvd's and have tried to acquire the other 3 dvd's to no avail. For whatever reasons that I do not know, I do not think the other Earl's Court footage is in circulation or even exist. If they do exist, I am sure that Jimmy and Robert have these gigs in their own private collection.

These five shows by Led Zeppelin were the first gigs ever in the U.K. to feature any sort of giant screen back projection.For that reason only,I'd be amazed if all five were not recorded by the band at that time.

• 2 months later...

Another request, if any kind member could hook me up with a copy of the 24th concert, i would be very grateful, as i can't DL it atm, PM if possible, many thanks..

I was sold a copy recently, but the quality wasn't as good as some Youtube vids i saw if it and it wasn't nowhere near the quality of the 25th...

The 24th and 25th show have been released a few times on.Try any number of trading zepp sites. For the cost of a few blanks (dual layer) someone will copy it for you.

Demand unprecidented in the history of Rock Music (Empress Valley Supreme Disk)is considred the best and it is fantastic.

The 24th and 25th show have been released a few times on.Try any number of trading zepp sites. For the cost of a few blanks (dual layer) someone will copy it for you.

Demand unprecidented in the history of Rock Music (Empress Valley Supreme Disk)is considred the best and it is fantastic.

Yeah mate, i have that version of the 25th on DVD.

I would really like the 24th too as the version i was sent (after paying $20.00) was the bloody Holy Eye version, which looks terible tbh, and would like a better version, and i have tried a couple of sites to try and join a vine but to no avail, i would pay or send the discs for anyone willing to help in my search for the 24th.

Many thanks..

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah mate, i have that version of the 25th on DVD.

I would really like the 24th too as the version i was sent (after paying $20.00) was the bloody Holy Eye version, which looks terible tbh, and would like a better version, and i have tried a couple of sites to try and join a vine but to no avail, i would pay or send the discs for anyone willing to help in my search for the 24th.

Many thanks..

You found 24.5.75 yet, JL? I have a fairly ok-looking version that omits Moby Dick & Going to California, but has about 45 mins of RAH footage at the end, with some that isn't on the official DVD. Not sure what label - stryder.de describes it as "Earls Court Upgrade", no label.

You found 24.5.75 yet, JL? I have a fairly ok-looking version that omits Moby Dick & Going to California, but has about 45 mins of RAH footage at the end, with some that isn't on the official DVD. Not sure what label - stryder.de describes it as "Earls Court Upgrade", no label.

Hey mate, i did get the 24/05/1975 concert, thanks to Andyk, got the Cosmic Energy version, that has clips of Going To California and Moby Dick, but doesn't have that RAH footage, wouldn't mind that extra footage tbh though..

Archived