A good book on zeppelin

John Bonham Fan

Has anyone else ever read the book Stairway To Heaven. I thought that it was a very good book. It was written by the bands tour manager Richard Cole. It showed tons of inside information about the band it's tours/life on the road. Some things in it I have found to be very funny. If you have read it please tell me what you think about the book.

yep, incidently, i was killing a bit of time waiting for a bus a couple of days ago, ended up buying it again together with the illustrated biography of Led Zep by Gareth Thomas, which is excellent

I really enjoyed Stairway to Heaven, it was called something else when I first read it, The hammer of the gods or something

yep, incidently, i was killing a bit of time waiting for a bus a couple of days ago, ended up buying it again together with the illustrated biography of Led Zep by Gareth Thomas, which is excellent

I really enjoyed Stairway to Heaven, it was called something else when I first read it, The hammer of the gods or something

Both totally different books I'm afraid, Hammer of the Gods & Stairway to Heaven. Both good books though. Full of stories etc. You either like that sort of Gossipy stuff or dont, I do :D

Both totally different books I'm afraid, Hammer of the Gods & Stairway to Heaven. Both good books though. Full of stories etc. You either like that sort of Gossipy stuff or dont, I do :D

my mistake these are the 2 books I have, dunno where I got hammer of the gods from?

Interestingly or not really, but my cover differs slightly from the newer version underneath and cant find a pic of the exact copy, US/English thing I suppose

StairwayToHeavenUKHardcover.jpg9780060938376.jpg

my mistake these are the 2 books I have, dunno where I got hammer of the gods from?

Interestingly or not really, but my cover differs slightly from the newer version underneath and cant find a pic of the exact copy, US/English thing I suppose

Hammer of the Gods is another book about Zep by Stephen Davis, originally came out in 1985. It was one of the first Zep books I bought back in 1985. I don't think there were alot of Zep books out at the time back then. I still have my original copy from back then and it is in good shape considering it is 24 years old!

God! Has it been that long.....

Yeah, I own the Richard Cole book and it is quite entertaining. The band didn't find it quite as entertaining though haha:

"These stories would filter out from girls who'd supposedly been in my room when in fact they'd been in his. That sort of atmosphere was being created, and we were quite tired of it. So eventually we relieved him of his position … And in the meantime he got paid a lot of money for talking crap. A lot of the time he wasn't completely…well. And so his view of things was permanently distorted one way or another." - Robert

"There's a book written by our former road manager, Richard Cole that has made me completely ill. I'm so mad about it that I can't even bring myself to read the whole thing. The two bits that I have read are so ridiculously false, that I'm sure if I read the rest I'd be able to sue Cole and the publishers. But it would be so painful to read that it wouldn't be worth it." - Jimmy

"a mish-mash of several stories put together, usually with the wrong endings and making us look miserable bastards rather than the funsters we were." - JPJ

Archived