It Might Get Loud

thelexicinema

Hey guys,

Can't wait to see this rockumentary featuring JP, Jack White and The Edge, on their love for the guitar, their personal guitar histories and the bands they played in. The three are brought together to discuss the electric guitar and then spend some time jamming together, reinterpreting each others' songs, each of them with goofy, childish enthusiasm written all over their faces, especially when JP plays Whole Lotta Love! There are special previews for the UK release in London on Tuesday January 5th at 1800. I'll be watching it at the cinema where I work: The Lexi in Kensal Rise. Check it out at www.thelexicinema.co.uk We have an awesome sound system (installed by U2's sound guy on tour) and all our profits go to charity. Come along, grab a beer and enjoy the music!!

I went to the UK premiere on December 15th.

Jimmy and the director came onstage for a brief chat about the film, and then came down to sit in the audience, in the row in front of me, two seats along. The movie is a whole lot more enjoyable when you have Jimmy Page sitting 4 feet away from you while you're watching it! I finally got to shake his hand, over 30 years after first seeing him play a gig.

Zephead,

That sounds like one hell of a time. Congrats on meeting mr. page. I hope that day

comes for me. Can only hope i'm in the right place at the right time.

I just love the movie. So many clips of Jimmy playing and seeing him offstage is

sort of rare and great to see.

You mentioned that you got to shake his hand. Did you get to chat at all? I'd

probably be a big ball of confusion. lol.

Archived