Bonham/Morrison grounded thier bands

McSeven

I don't know how this became a weird Keith/Page thing but my 2 cents on the matter:

Keith does make some very odd stage movements. It started around the Stones '81 tour after he was off of heroin. He does this weird arm & leg thing. It wasn't so bad then but that's where it starts. During his X-Pensive Wino's tour in '88 is when it really starts up. He punctuates every 5 or so chords he plays by raising his arm, throws a little kick, & purses his lips. I could see him doing that when he's mainly singing as he may want to make himself the focal point onstage as far as being more of a physical presence. Then on the Steel Wheels tour he continues with this "thing", more with the arm swing & leg kick for no reason, stops playing guitar on whatever song it is especially if there's loads of horns, keyboards, & background singers in the mix, he'll have a chat with Woody & crack up & he'll start "playing" the song again after a full minute of not playing where a guitar part should have been all along, & Wood certainly wasn't picking up the slack. He did this on every tour through 2002 on most of the songs played. He stopped the slacking off & posing bit on the 2005 tour to a degree but he'll still do it during his solo parts of the show with the male background singer playing Keith's guitar parts as Ron Wood has barely played a note in 20 years. It's bizarre. I say all of this as a Keith fan & the only reason I commented on it is that I while I agree that Page certainly does all his strange on stage things, Keith is by far a worse offender of that sort of thing. Just watch him do "The Nearness Of You" on the Stones 40 Licks DVD or anything except "Satisfaction" on The Bridges To Babylon DVD. But that's just him & he's having a good time.

Fair enough. I thought Keith slacked off on his playing around the time of the Wino's thing. Ron Wood is the worst of both worlds, he makes the stupid faces and he's not that great of a guitar player.

I think Jimmy and Keith could both have better hair. Jimmy's hairdo (with ponytail) looks like a bouncer at a strip club and I can't quite get a handle on what Keith is doing with his.

Fair enough. I thought Keith slacked off on his playing around the time of the Wino's thing. Ron Wood is the worst of both worlds, he makes the stupid faces and he's not that great of a guitar player.

I think Jimmy and Keith could both have better hair. Jimmy's hairdo (with ponytail) looks like a bouncer at a strip club and I can't quite get a handle on what Keith is doing with his.

Keith has fishing tackle in his hair. I don't know why & I don't want to know why.

Archived