Jason Bonham at KLOS 95.5 Christmas Show

SteveAJones

Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER), Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) and Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) performed at the 95.5 KLOS Mark And Brian Christmas Show this past Wednesday (December 16) at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Joining them on stage were Steve Lukather (TOTO) and Keith Emerson to create an all-star band. Other artists performing that night were HEART, FOREIGNER and Richie Sambora (BON JOVI).

The setlist for the Slash / Bonham portion of the show was as follows:

01. Black Dog (feat. Frankie Perez on vocals)

02. Talk To You Later (feat. Fee Waybill on vocals)

03. Living After Midnight (feat. Rob Halford on vocals)

04. We Three Kings (feat. Rob Halford on vocals)

The RobHalford.com staff captured exclusive rehearsal, soundcheck and performance footage. Once edited, the footage will be made available as a free download on a date to be confirmed next month (January 2010).

Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER), Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) and Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) performed at the 95.5 KLOS Mark And Brian Christmas Show this past Wednesday (December 16) at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Joining them on stage were Steve Lukather (TOTO) and Keith Emerson to create an all-star band. Other artists performing that night were HEART, FOREIGNER and Richie Sambora (BON JOVI).

The RobHalford.com staff captured exclusive rehearsal, soundcheck and performance footage. Once edited, the footage will be made available as a free download on a date to be confirmed next month (January 2010).

I must have missed the newsflash announcing that Jason officially joined the band?

Still, some great musos amongst them.

I posted the video link the other day in the Chickenfoot thread but since there is now another thread about this I will put it in this one also. :D

From Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132540

Well.. I guess this is better company than "Satch" and the guy from Van Hagar, killing rock one cliche at a time..and not the fun ones either.... Let's hope that Slash and Halford can keep the evil forces of Dream Theater at bay. This is still a bit "Camp Freddy" for me, site unseen. I'm off to youtube... better check.

chickenfoot.. OH! the horror.. the horror.

I listen to KLOS and they played that Christmas show on the air Friday am that week. Only got to hear We Three Kings when I got in the car to go to work to hear Jason on the drums. The rest of the show was really good though. I'm sorry I did not buy tickets or even try to win tickets. The station gave alot of them away on the air.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Christmas Show is tonight. They are going to do a live web cast this year from the Nokia theatre. I beleive it the web cast will start around 6:00 pacific time and the show will be at 7:00. Go to 95.5 KLOS to see it if you can. Jason will be drumming in the all star band, Peter Frampton and Billy Idol are also on the bill. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it took me almost a year to post it here but without further adieu:

I figured this would show up sooner or later. I really enjoyed watching the show but John Waite just did not have the chops to carry off this song too well IMHO. But the other songs he did were great.

Thanks for posting Steve.

Archived