JP - Mojo upcoming cover story

sam_webmaster

Finally got this, and I have to say, it is easily one of the best interviews Jimmy's ever given--really interesting and completely substantial. The Bring it on Home section is fantastic.

I wonder if working on this photo autobiography has something to do with the fact that lately, all of his interviews have been much more engaged and engaging--a return to that marvelous richness of thought and expression you see so much of in the 60s and early 70s. Really looking forward to the book!

I still haven't gotten the new issue yet & it's killing me. I only just recieved the Dave Grohl issue 2 weeks ago. I did go on Mojo's web page today where it shows the tracks that Page selected for the issue. Truly eclectic. He always does great interviews with Mojo so I'll just have to wait patiently.

• 1 month later...

I'm enjoying this MOJO edition with the Jimmy Page interview.

A couple of quotes that stand out to me are,

Despite a sizeable, impressive record collection, Page's love of music means he continues to buy records. "Of course I do!", he enthuses. "It's in our DNA, isn't it? And I'll tell you why. It's all about hunting and gathering!"

and,

"Looking at some of those early Zeppelin gig schedules, it's unbelieveable how much we did . In 1969, when we went to America, we did six months solid there. You couldn't overstretch that. Six months sounds long enough anyway, doesn't it? If you over-stretched it there was a chance that you'd get drafted into the Vietnam War. At least that's what they told us! That had quite an affect on me, and I decided that we weren't going to overstay our welcome."

Right on Jimmy! I wouldn't have gone either and I'm an American! (by birth).

Hell no, we won't go!!! :lol:

Archived