QUICK: Need Reference to Argue that Zeppelin was NOT strictly heavy metal

zeppphead

Who the f#ck told you to like me? I'm sorry, but your statement makes me think that "who gives a f#uck about you, C#nt! ("Surley", I hope you're not one of that)

Oh, sorry. I meant to say that you were acting like an asshole, but I didn't knew how to put it delicately. Me bad.

And, FYI, I'm not doing what I'm told to, EVER. This is the most offensive part of your post. The name calling is...something I was expecting from you, seeing your other posts. You have the habit to explode every time someone in not agreeing with you.

//What can I say? Some children need an education, real bad.

Note: sorry for that typo, but English is only my third language. -_-

*for the mods: "acting like an asshole" is different , IMO, from "being an asshole". If I get banned for that, so be it.

ame='BonzoLikeDrumer' date='30 December 2009 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1262194552' post='433358']

That was the band I was thinking of!!

Yes, quiet riot is Metal, but more specifically Hair Metal. Hair Metal is one of a number of subgenres of Metal like Thrash Metal and Death Metal.

By the way, isn't that Randy Rhoads on the far left?

Yes, there are some different odds and end's of Metal sound's but this group "Quiet Riot" was the first to get signed to a Major label in 1982, they also had the first top ten Metal hit with there cover of "Come on feel the noise" in 1983.

No! Randy Rhoads was not a bass player! He's on the left playing.. who would have known, a Gibson Les Paul guitar!

This photo was taken in or before 1979 as Randy Rhoads was with Ozzy by late that year. I know it was before late 1981 as that was when he got his first Jackson "V" prototype. So with those fact's this is a Metal sounding band with a Metal look as well before Bonzo's death and while Zed Zeppelin was still a touring group.

One other note, while there's no credit of Randy Rhoad's playing any Led Zeppelin song's in his first band "Violet Fox". If you check out his solo in "Crazy Train" it scream's Jimmy Page! IMHO B)

Express & Echo (Exeter UK): Led Zeppelin, the heavy metal super group which formally disbandedamid tragedy 27 years ago, are coming back together for a one-offconcert at London's cavernous O2 Arena, and many of the instrumentsthey will be using for the massive gig will come from MansonsGuitars, of Fore Street.

Well if the venerable Exeter Express and Echo say Zep are heavey metal then it must be true!!!!

And there was I thinking for 40 years that they weren't a heavy metal band.

I take it all back :blink:

Why the need for written proof...tell whoever is doubting to have a listen to the whole nine yards. If they come up with heavy metal....your wasting your time anyway's.

Yes, there are some different odds and end's of Metal sound's but this group "Quiet Riot" was the first to get signed to a Major label in 1982, they also had the first top ten Metal hit with there cover of "Come on feel the noise" in 1983.

No! Randy Rhoads was not a bass player! He's on the left playing.. who would have known, a Gibson Les Paul guitar!

This photo was taken in or before 1979 as Randy Rhoads was with Ozzy by late that year. I know it was before late 1981 as that was when he got his first Jackson "V" prototype. So with those fact's this is a Metal sounding band with a Metal look as well before Bonzo's death and while Zed Zeppelin was still a touring group.

One other note, while there's no credit of Randy Rhoad's playing any Led Zeppelin song's in his first band "Violet Fox". If you check out his solo in "Crazy Train" it scream's Jimmy Page! IMHO B)

Sorry to be quoting my self here but Randy Rhoads is on the RIGHT in that picture.

My mistake please forgive me.

• 2 months later...

I have my entire CD and Album collections sorted by category.

After much meditation, thought, and rumination, I finally decided to put Led Zeppelin in the "Music" category.

I hope that helps.

:thanku:

zeppphead, let's try this one more time. If you go back at look at who influenced Led Zeppelin, that's a start. (Elvis for one...not Heavy Metal we know for sure) A lot of people on this thread have a great deal of knowledge about this band and it's music.Led Zeppelin if you listen to their body of work is Rock & Roll Blues based. The music speaks for itself..and as far as media publications, half of the critics that used to write about Led Zeppelin had not even listened to their music, attended a concert....

If I may respectfully ask, have you ever taken one of their vinyls put a great set of headphones on and just sat back and listened at the brilliance and the variety of their music? For my own pesonal experience it never made me want to pound my head against a wall. These are magnificent ballads :D

They may have influenced "heavy metal", but they are not a heavy metal band. If you respond, play nice in the sandbox as the music is supposed to bring us together :peace:

Step up and you should IMHO apologize to those you blasted who did try to help.

I have my entire CD and Album collections sorted by category.

After much meditaiton, thought and rumination, I finally decided to put Led Zeppelin is in the "Music" category.

I hope that helps.

:thanku:

Hi 'toscano'

Question. Are "Led Zeppelin" Heavy Metal?

You would think that the word "LED" was a bit of a give away wouldnt you? :rolleyes:

Regards, Danny

Wonder how Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant feel about the music from the Led Zeppelin day's?

I can only guess as to if they think of the material as "Heavy Metal" or not?

I'd think they'd say "Rock", "Blues" or "Rock and Roll" or some combination of those word's, but that's just my guess.

Hi 'toscano'

Question. Are "Led Zeppelin" Heavy Metal?

You would think that the word "LED" was a bit of a give away wouldnt you? :rolleyes:

Regards, Danny

Are we talking density, atomic number or atomic weight ?

I doubt they'd have been quite as successful as Uraneeum Zeppelin.

Are we talking density, atomic number or atomic weight ?

I doubt they'd have been quite as successful as Uraneeum Zeppelin.

Hi 'toscano'

Density, 4 :piano::drumz::boohoo::guitar_mood:

Atomic number, No1 (what else?)

Atomic weight, 130lb of Glory. :drumz:

Given that their success was all about the quality of their Music and Lyrics and Live Performances, they would have been successful under any name, even "Helium Zeppelin", and under that name they may have even soared higher than they did. :lol:

Regards, Danny

I've successfully done my "homework" and got rid of that "heavy metal band" accusation. As I've said in my earlier posts, I'm NOT asking for help from anybody. @ Deborah- I'm 100x a Led Zep collector you are, and have all the coolest musical & stereo equipment you've ever dreamed of. @Aquamarine- I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this is a public forum, not your daddy's estate. Am I clear now?

I've successfully done my "homework" and got rid of that "heavy metal band" accusation. As I've said in my earlier posts, I'm NOT asking for help from anybody. @ Deborah- I'm 100x a Led Zep collector you are, and have all the coolest musical & stereo equipment you've ever dreamed of. @Aquamarine- I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this is a public forum, not your daddy's estate. Am I clear now?

popcorn.gif

My, you're a real charmer, aren't you?

"@Aquamarine- I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this is a public forum, not your daddy's estate. Am I clear now?"

My, you're a real charmer, aren't you?

Hi Aqua,

But the question was, "Am i clear now" and as for his charm, well let just say that if it was up for sale on Ebay the only bid would be from a Ferengi Bar Owner. ;)

And as for your Daddys "Estate", i thought he drove a Caddy. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Led Zeppelin wasn't strictly heavy metal,why?

Because:Stairway to heaven,Kashmir,All of my love,Tangerine,Going To California,Down by the seaside,Bron Yaur,Bron Yaur Stomp,Thank You,Hot Dog,south band saurez,fool in the rain,the battle of evermore,that's the way.

I think that's clear enough. :)

Archived