I found old recording never seen anywhere

pete10

Hi,

I entered this forum to ask the community, what it is and where else to find and old recording CD, which a friend has given me in Africa once.

The CD called `How many more times`, printed by `Quality Compact Productions`and the front cover shows a picture with the 4 guys and is titled Paris Theatre, June 19, 1969.

It is definitely a life concert of outstanding quality of music, unfortunately only of medium sound quality, but with a little adjusting of the stereo, it sounds great. For me, one of the best life gigs I ever heard.

Does anyone know this record and why can I not find it in Amazon ?

I would very much like to have this CD in better quality again.

Cheers from germany, Uli

That performance was recorded at the Antenne Cultural du Kremlin Bicetre in Paris for the French television program 'Tous En Scene' originally telecast on September 5th 1969. More details here:

http://ledzeppelin.com/show/june-19-1969

The cd you described is a common bootleg (unauthorized release) and as such unavailable from Amazon.com. I don't think there is an audience recording in circulation so whatever is on that cd may not in fact be from this performance.

Never trust a bootleg at face value!

Hi,

I entered this forum to ask the community, what it is and where else to find and old recording CD, which a friend has given me in Africa once.

The CD called `How many more times`, printed by `Quality Compact Productions`and the front cover shows a picture with the 4 guys and is titled Paris Theatre, June 19, 1969.

It is definitely a life concert of outstanding quality of music, unfortunately only of medium sound quality, but with a little adjusting of the stereo, it sounds great. For me, one of the best life gigs I ever heard.

Does anyone know this record and why can I not find it in Amazon ?

I would very much like to have this CD in better quality again.

Cheers from germany, Uli

This recording is from June 27th in London and this concert can be found on all these titles too

Best Of Led Zeppelin Vol. 2 (Rock Solid Records), The Big Dope Party (LZ69 & LZ869), Carnival (Toasted Records), The Complete BBC Performances (Toasted Records), Dazed And Confused (Royal Sound), The Final Option (Rock Solid Records & The Swingin' Pig Records), First Concert As The New Yardbirds (Trade Mark Of Quality), Flight Of The Led Zeppelin 1969 (Jolly Good Sound), Four Symbols (Accord), Hot London (Kolne), Idolescence (Volsung), In The Light 1969 (LZL4 A-D), Led Zeppelin (String Records), Led Zeppelin Film Can (Rock Solid Records), Live In London 1969 (Elektrecord), London 1969 (Accord Records), My Rider (LZ69), One Night Stand (Atlantic), Over London (European Fan Club), Stairway To The Moon (no label), White Summer (The Swingin' Pig Records), The Yardbirds Reform For Marquee (XL 1543/44/45), & Zep Over Europe (Earthworks)

'69 In Flames (Manic Depression), Another White Summer (Big Music), Badge Holders - The Best Live In Concert 1969 (Double Time), BBC (Last Stand Disc), Black Mountain Side (Azija Records), Classics Off The Air 2 (Neutral Zone), Communication Breakdown (Live & Alive), The Complete '69 BBC Classics (Immigrant), Going To California (Alegra), Hammer Of The Gods (Azija Records), In Concert - 1969-1971 (Liver Pool), Live At The Paris Theatre (Black Panther), Live In London (Black Panther), London 2/69 (Koine Records), London Broadcast (World Productions Of Compact Music), Mess Of Blues (Living Legend Records), Minnesota Blues (Oil Well), Momma Don't Wanna Play No Skiffle No More (Azija Records), More Than Something Else (Aulica), Plays Pure Blues (Live Storm), Shenandoah (Aulica), Through The Years (Big Music), The Ultimate BBC Collection (1969-1971) (Home Records), Uncensored (Great Dane Records), White Summer (Capricorn Records, Oil Well & The Swingin' Pig Records), Whole Lotta Love (On Stage), Whole Lotta Love (Vol. 3) (Banana), XXII Anniversary (Aulica), You Shock Me (The Entertainers), & Young Hurricane (Ocean Sound Studio)

Official CD BBC Sessions (Atlantic) & Led Zeppelin Box Set (Atlantic)

Hi Conney,

Thank`s a lot for your info.

I am a bit puzzled about the amount of examples below.

Are these all from the Zep records ore from other sources and do they refer only to the same titles or is it really the same recording with the same sound ?

Where do you have all this info from ?

Thank you very much,

Pete

This recording is from June 27th in London and this concert can be found on all these titles too

Best Of Led Zeppelin Vol. 2 (Rock Solid Records), The Big Dope Party (LZ69 & LZ869), Carnival (Toasted Records), The Complete BBC Performances (Toasted Records), Dazed And Confused (Royal Sound), The Final Option (Rock Solid Records & The Swingin' Pig Records), First Concert As The New Yardbirds (Trade Mark Of Quality), Flight Of The Led Zeppelin 1969 (Jolly Good Sound), Four Symbols (Accord), Hot London (Kolne), Idolescence (Volsung), In The Light 1969 (LZL4 A-D), Led Zeppelin (String Records), Led Zeppelin Film Can (Rock Solid Records), Live In London 1969 (Elektrecord), London 1969 (Accord Records), My Rider (LZ69), One Night Stand (Atlantic), Over London (European Fan Club), Stairway To The Moon (no label), White Summer (The Swingin' Pig Records), The Yardbirds Reform For Marquee (XL 1543/44/45), & Zep Over Europe (Earthworks)

'69 In Flames (Manic Depression), Another White Summer (Big Music), Badge Holders - The Best Live In Concert 1969 (Double Time), BBC (Last Stand Disc), Black Mountain Side (Azija Records), Classics Off The Air 2 (Neutral Zone), Communication Breakdown (Live & Alive), The Complete '69 BBC Classics (Immigrant), Going To California (Alegra), Hammer Of The Gods (Azija Records), In Concert - 1969-1971 (Liver Pool), Live At The Paris Theatre (Black Panther), Live In London (Black Panther), London 2/69 (Koine Records), London Broadcast (World Productions Of Compact Music), Mess Of Blues (Living Legend Records), Minnesota Blues (Oil Well), Momma Don't Wanna Play No Skiffle No More (Azija Records), More Than Something Else (Aulica), Plays Pure Blues (Live Storm), Shenandoah (Aulica), Through The Years (Big Music), The Ultimate BBC Collection (1969-1971) (Home Records), Uncensored (Great Dane Records), White Summer (Capricorn Records, Oil Well & The Swingin' Pig Records), Whole Lotta Love (On Stage), Whole Lotta Love (Vol. 3) (Banana), XXII Anniversary (Aulica), You Shock Me (The Entertainers), & Young Hurricane (Ocean Sound Studio)

Official CD BBC Sessions (Atlantic) & Led Zeppelin Box Set (Atlantic)

Archived