Robert Explains Why no LZ Reunion

kiss of fire

True - but he's still definitely LOOKING and SEARCHING. Maybe he always will be and having a lot of fun along the way? Well if that's the case, I'm there for him as I'm sure we all are. What I worry about is him STOPPING. THAT would be a tragedy. I did read someplace that he said he has only completed a third of what he wants to do and feels the Grim Reaper on his back or some such horrid statement I can't even go there with that. You'll be around a long time Robert. Just do what makes YOU happy. AND TOUR SOON!!!!!!!

Yeah I can understand your point and he absolutely SHOULD keep singing all those great songs because he IS the lyricist for the group since Zep II and they are as much his songs as Jimmy's. I just wish they'd do at least ONE MORE TOUR as LZ and then go back to their individual projects. Why can't he rework his songs as he does with Krauss and Strange Sensation but rework them to fit Led Zeppelin TODAY? He was sorta doing that with the "NO Quarter" Page and Plant stuff. Robert will never be stagnant no matter WHAT he does. He could reinvent Led Zep to be EXACTLY what he's been looking for because he sure seems to constantly be looking for something he has yet to find. ABSOLUTELY, it would be a HUGE task but he can do it His voice is still exceptional and I think better in some ways. He does more SINGING now and I think his voice sounds even sexier. We all are accepting the fact yeah, it's over, that's in the past and probably it really is, BUT just imagine how you'd feel if you heard the news YEAH< ROBERT'S GOING TO DO IT! Why do I keep thinking that He, very deep down inside, really wants it?

Because THEY chose to end Zep as a band when Bonzo passed. They felt they couldn't go on and subsequently, they've all gone off in different directions. They came together for a really special occasion for a full concert - more than we could ever hope for and to me, they owe us nothing. Also, it's not up to Robert to reinvent Zeppelin - they're a band and it would have to be how they all felt. Robert carries on the Zep legacy by always challenging himself and experimenting with new styles and directions. I think if Robert really wanted to be a part of Zep, he'd have made it happen. He doesn't, John Paul is doing his own thing, hopefully so will Pagey.

Yeah I can understand your point and he absolutely SHOULD keep singing all those great songs because he IS the lyricist for the group since Zep II and they are as much his songs as Jimmy's. I just wish they'd do at least ONE MORE TOUR as LZ and then go back to their individual projects. Why can't he rework his songs as he does with Krauss and Strange Sensation but rework them to fit Led Zeppelin TODAY? He was sorta doing that with the "NO Quarter" Page and Plant stuff. Robert will never be stagnant no matter WHAT he does. He could reinvent Led Zep to be EXACTLY what he's been looking for because he sure seems to constantly be looking for something he has yet to find. ABSOLUTELY, it would be a HUGE task but he can do it His voice is still exceptional and I think better in some ways. He does more SINGING now and I think his voice sounds even sexier. We all are accepting the fact yeah, it's over, that's in the past and probably it really is, BUT just imagine how you'd feel if you heard the news YEAH< ROBERT'S GOING TO DO IT! Why do I keep thinking that He, very deep down inside, really wants it?

He did note the appeal of the exciting world of bladder control.

LOLL. I read that! He was kidding around for sure! Well, looking forward to his next project AND ALSO Jimmy's!!!!! Can't wait. Whom do you suppose he'd have sing with him? Very exciting actually. AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TOUR ALREADY!!! And bring it to the United States! Enough about Glastonbury!!!!! Anyone see Them Crooked Vultures?

LOLL. I read that! He was kidding around for sure! Well, looking forward to his next project AND ALSO Jimmy's!!!!! Can't wait. Whom do you suppose he'd have sing with him? Very exciting actually. AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TOUR ALREADY!!! And bring it to the United States! Enough about Glastonbury!!!!! Anyone see Them Crooked Vultures?

Later tonight!

Saw them in Los Angeles and they were brilliant! I plan on seeing them again when they play Coachella in Indio, California.

I've read all the replies and I know that nothing seems to fire up this board like this topic,but I have to respect Robert Plant for his continued reluctance to reform the band full time.Live Aid and The O2 Arena gigs were one offs both done for specific reasons but surely,no matter how terrific on the night Jason was,there cannot be a Led Zeppelin without John Bonham?That band was the result of the chemistry that came from the playing of those four people,it cannot be repeated and I'm glad that the singer has said I do not want to try.

so your saying there should be no Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, Queen, AC/DC and numerous other bands that have lost members or had members leave? I was at the O2 and ive been to hundreds of gigs and believe me this was the best by a long long way Jason's DNA is enough for him to be in Led Zeppelin and believe me he more than filled his dads boots.

Edited by poortom

• 2 weeks later...

He continued: "To visit old ground, it's a very incredibly delicate thing to do, and the disappointment that could be there once you commit to that and the comparisons to something that was basically fired by youth and a different kind of exuberance to now… it's very hard to go back and meet that head on and do it justice."

"We've been incomplete now for 28 years"
Robert Plant

Until recently, Page and Jones - plus Jason Bonham, son of original drummer John Bonham - were planning to find a new vocalist. But in January, Page's manager Peter Mensch told MusicRadar that Led Zeppelin is now "over".

plant could not have made it anymore final!