Weirdest Zeppelin Song

HeyHeyWhatCanIDo

What do you think is the weirdest Zeppelin song (or songs) and why? A song may stick out in your mind because it has strange lyrics or an odd sound or a combination of both. Some that come to mind for me are Immigrant Song, The Crunge, Dancing Days, The Ocean, Misty Mountain Hop, and Carouselambra.

"Friends". I love it but it stands out as being a stranger song for them. A very full open tuning on the guitar, a very disjointed rhythm throughout, an eerie string section, Plant's pleading lyrics & vocals against this forboding music, & whatever that synthesizer drone is doing at the end of the song going into "Celebration Day". Strange track, I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody else thinks this or not, but Houses of the Holy stands out to me as a "weird" album. The only two songs that I wouldn't call odd would be "The Rain Song" and "Over the Hills and Far Away." I am not knocking it by any means, it's just that the majority of the songs off that album have an unusual sound and/or lyrics, which makes Zeppelin that much more awesome.

I don't know if anybody else thinks this or not, but Houses of the Holy stands out to me as a "weird" album. The only two songs that I wouldn't call odd would be "The Rain Song" and "Over the Hills and Far Away." I am not knocking it by any means, it's just that the majority of the songs off that album have an unusual sound and/or lyrics, which makes Zeppelin that much more awesome.

That was quite a wierd album.

Houses of the holy that is.

The rest of the songs do seem to be very diffrent from the ones that you listed.

Whenever my sister hears Led Zeppelin she says; "It sounds like they're not sure how they want the song to go". So she thinks all their songs are weird. Although I don't agree with her, I think I understand why. It comes down to knowing the music you like and being able to see it from others points of view.

most deffinatly without a doubt would be whole lotta love. the first time i heard that song i was like wow this riff @#$% rules! then all of a sudden it feels as though im in the wizard of oz and am im the middle of a tornado being thrown off into left field with all the noises and such. then bonzo breaks it all up followed by a guitar solo that inspired me to actually want to play lmao

strange yet the very best

• 2 years later...

Hats off to Roy Harper. very underappreciated. Arranged under the pseudonym Charles Obscure. Sounds like they are channeling the spirit of some long deceased bluesman

No Quarter. A masterpiece. Great imagery regarding mood, lyrics and music. great use of effects especially the delay and synthesizers . This compostion draws you in especially when played live. No Quarter has its own vibe and mystique.

Archived