Jimmy's Book: VERY Limited Edition!

mstork

That book DOES look pretty amazing! Maybe whomever on this board buys it could have a little "museum / library" and charge admission for other fans to see it :)

Staci

...it does and now I am so excited, OH, I won't charge anybody, we can just drink coffee :D

tks. for this update SAJ, that is interesting, as expected, #666 Edition will never be on $ale, the Fate of this particular Edition will forever be mysterious as The Man is Himself... Most Excellent!!!

616 is the number of the beast anyway :ahhh:

Ordered mine last week. I stopped paying my mortgage, and I'm eating stewed tomatoes out of the can.

Hello and Congrats, not only we admire The Master, but by the time the book arrives, we all shall look like him too, Slim and Trim :D

I want this so bad but just can't justify the purchase. As an aside...I can not believe Jimmy chose one of the worst pics of him EVER to be on the more affordable version cover. :slapface: That was actually kinda a deal breaker for me. Freaky huh?

:hippy:

I want this so bad but just can't justify the purchase. As an aside...I can not believe Jimmy chose one of the worst pics of him EVER to be on the more affordable version cover. slapface.gif That was actually kinda a deal breaker for me. Freaky huh?

hippy.gif

The money is no problem for me, but I can't justify buying the book, either. I would have bought the edition that is sold out, but I was not quick enough to buy it before they were all gone. I may change my mind and buy it after further thought, as I never make hasty decisions when it comes to expensive purchases. And by the time I decide to buy it, they willl probably be all gone. Jimmy is my favorite and I don't know how I can pass this up. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

The money is no problem for me, but I can't justify buying the book, either. I would have bought the edition that is sold out, but I was not quick enough to buy it before they were all gone. I may change my mind and buy it after further thought, as I never make hasty decisions when it comes to expensive purchases. And by the time I decide to buy it, they willl probably be all gone. Jimmy is my favorite and I don't know how I can pass this up. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

I admire your logical approach. When I got the email from Genesis it was like I fell under the influence of an irresistible force. I kept on telling myself to think it over and I am generally a very practical Capricorn but I simply could not stop myself. Fortunately I can afford it.

To cut a long story short,rather have a new album, a picture book no thanks.

I would just like to add that I am not tight/cheap/parsimony just careful . :slapface:

I do collect books, but the Jimmy Page book I am sure is more for collectors of LZ/JP ..

Is what I was trying to say in a roundabout fashion

All that money for a 'captioned photo book'? No thanks. This is vanity-purchase stuff for trainspotters with more money than sense.

As for waiting for a conventional autobiography, don't hold your breath. The man has far too much to hide.

All that money for a 'captioned photo book'? No thanks. This is vanity-purchase stuff for trainspotters with more money than sense.

As for waiting for a conventional autobiography, don't hold your breath. The man has far too much to hide.

Hello Tripmender,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but for me this is not a vanity purchase. I can picture Jimmy putting this book together :book: and living the memories and as I am fortunate enough to have the sense to save money for the things that mean something to me, when this book arrives I will cherish it as much as I do my LZ I album that I purchased in 1971....or my favorite T-shirt.

The most valuable of all of this is the music. This is my band and and always will be. I am happy for anyone who has the opportunity to own anything that brings them joy. I do not have an extensive (what you would call collectable)collection, but what I do have I do not own for the value of it, but because I simply love the music. :peace:

Do we know if it will include post-Zeppelin information (Firm, Outrider, Coverdale/Page, Page/Plant, Black Crowes) or if it will be Zeppelin only?

Everything to the presant. :D (I can't wait)

Agreed.

as I am fortunate enough to have the sense to save money for the things that mean something to me,

So do many others, and that is food for their kids. This book is WAY beyond the reach of most fans, and that doesn't make them any less sensible, or any less of a fan.

Beautifully put Knebby. There are people who have been fans since the beginning who would not be able to afford this. Even if they did have the money, it could cause a row between a couple - there are so many other family priorities.

Beautifully put Knebby. There are people who have been fans since the beginning who would not be able to afford this. Even if they did have the money, it could cause a row between a couple - there are so many other family priorities.

Knebby and kenog,

I was only responding to Tripmender and meant no disrespect to anyone. I am here to talk about and share the music. If this came accross wrong I apologize, but I will not apologize for buying something that I can at this time fortunately afford...as many times in my life I could not due to family priorties as well.

Edit:spelling

Knebby and kenog,

I was only responding to Tripmender and meant no disrespect to anyone. I am here to talk about and share the music. If this came accross wrong I apologize, but I will not apologize for buying something that I can at this time fortunately afford...as many times in my life I could not due to family priorties as well.

Deborah J,

Deborah J,

You have nothing to apologise for, and you are certainly never disrespectful to any other member. I hope that when you and the other buyers receive your book, that it fully meets your expectations. My problem, and I suspect that of others, is that Jimmy could have produced a book which was more easily affordable and available for all fans. Yes, Genesis does produce wonderful top end of the market photographic books, but for so many fans it is simply out of their price range. If I may make a comparison, earlier this year, Clint Eastwood collaborated on a retrospective book of his career. Mr Eastwood wrote the introduction. The book contains 300 photographs, many of which have never been published before. It covers every film he made, it is full of production notes, film stills, poster artwork, together with a 20 min DVD. Stars do not come much bigger than Clint. This is for the grand sum of £25 (you will have to translate that into dollars, but the book is available on Amazon). Alright, in terms of the cover and paper, it will not be of the same quality as that of Genesis, but it is a hardback. If Jimmy had produced something along these lines, it would have been bought in its millions by Page fans worldwide. It is really not you and the other buyers who should be the object of criticism here.

Take care

Knebby and kenog,

Deborah,

I rarely post comments, but you didn't say anything wrong at all. You show you have class by apologizing. Tripmender is the one who stated it was a vanity purchase for people who had more money than sense. Deborah then responded with the statement that she had the sense to save for such a thing.

Some people have envy about not being able to purchase the book, for whatever reason. Just because people purchase the book doesn't mean they have lesser sense. If Tripmender wants to say this, that's fine, but to make that comment is going to receive some backlash. It's all relative when purchasing expensive things in life. It's just like when people say expensive cars or clothes are overpriced. I guess Page,Plant,Jones and Bonham have lesser sense as well with all the expensive purchases they made over their lifetime.

Let people buy what they want without making derogatory comments.

Archived