"Paul Stanley Star-Struck By Meeting Jimmy Page"

kiss of fire

It would be one thing if a band did that once in awhile, but KISS did it constantly.

BTW, I hate the song Hey Jude!

Thats just silly, you're the first person I've seen saying that he hates Hey Jude, hahaha!

And Kiss isn't that bad, up to 1978 they were a solid rock band and I enjoyed all of their records. Specially Dessed To Kill.

And dont diss The beatles, they are my favorite band :D

Thats just silly, you're the first person I've seen saying that he hates Hey Jude, hahaha!

And Kiss isn't that bad, up to 1978 they were a solid rock band and I enjoyed all of their records. Specially Dessed To Kill.

And dont diss The beatles, they are my favorite band :D

Love the Beatles but the "long and winding" ending of Hey Jude is tough to take after you listen to it say, 5 times.......after that I now push "next".........great band though!

Yep, I love the Beatles but hate Hey Jude...horrible, boring song that goes on way too long. But hey, even with the Beatles you win some & you lose some. Now Kiss, I like their pre-78' stuff too, nothing complicated or deep in any way about their music but it is great straight up good time rock and roll to me. Whenever I hear Dr. Love, Duce, or Cold Gin I just gotta crank that ho!!! One last admission...The one later song they did that I love is Let's Put the X in Sex...friggin stupid as all fuck but for some weird reason I love that song, always makes me laugh.

I would lose all respect for Jimmy Page if he ever chose to work with that turd. Stanley may be the THE worst singer rock music has ever heard. He's also a brutal song writer. And BTW, KISS sucks ass!

You may not like Kiss But saying Paul is the worst singer in rock, is the stupidist thing I have read in a long time. Paul is a hell of a singer.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I've seen a ton of KISS interviews and Paul always has listed Zep and Page as his main influences, so has Ace at that

always heard paul say that pete townsend and his windmills on the guitar,as well as seeing the beatles on ed Sullivan were bigger influences with him,but ace was heavily influenced by jimmy page and tony iommi!

You remind me of my husband. He HATES KISS with a passion! I enjoy KISS's 70's stuff, but it is pure fluff. I try not to listen to closely to the lyrics, because some are so awful they drive me nuts! Some of the top ones that really bug me are: Come On and Love Me-"you're good lookin and you're lookin like you should be good" and "I can feel your face inside the mirror"-how in the hell do you feel someone's face inside a mirror and was it really necessary to use the word" good" twice in the same line?!? Love Gun- "Girl I can make you feel...okay"-really; you are going to make me feel just "okay?" That's tempting!

All that being said, KISS is fun party music but when you want something truly amazing and talented, you listen to Zeppelin.

I would lose all respect for Jimmy Page if he ever chose to work with that turd. Stanley may be the THE worst singer rock music has ever heard. He's also a brutal song writer. And BTW, KISS sucks ass!

I saw KISS 3 or 4 times,great show,but that is what it is a show! I saw percy twice and the page and plant tour in 1995,blew the kiss,rolling stones,and the who shows I have seen away,far and away the best of the 100 shows I have ever seen! another guy I saw way back in the 1970s that kicked ass,peter Frampton! that dude can flat out play! other than Frampton,page and plant,best show I ever saw was queen in the early 1980s,and the one and only stevie ray Vaughan!

You remind me of my husband. He HATES KISS with a passion! I enjoy KISS's 70's stuff, but it is pure fluff. I try not to listen to closely to the lyrics, because some are so awful they drive me nuts! Some of the top ones that really bug me are: Come On and Love Me-"you're good lookin and you're lookin like you should be good" and "I can feel your face inside the mirror"-how in the hell do you feel someone's face inside a mirror and was it really necessary to use the word" good" twice in the same line?!? Love Gun- "Girl I can make you feel...okay"-really; you are going to make me feel just "okay?" That's tempting!

All that being said, KISS is fun party music but when you want something truly amazing and talented, you listen to Zeppelin.

I'm at the point in life where I want "amazing and talented" all of the time. Not as picky about the genre as long as it's done with a certain amount of excellence. I appreciate the Beatles for their ground-breaking status, but find a lot of their music not very interesting musically (esp. McCartney based stuff...Lennon seemed to be a more interesting writer to me musically and lyrically).

Archived