Make your mind up Robert!

Found this while interwebbing, I know it's old and probably been discussed in great detail in many threads, and if I could be asked to look, it probably would save me having to type this... anyway if anyones interested..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6vnji_robert-plant-finally-says-yes-to-le_news

I thought it was agreed upon to let the flame burnout. Something we have no control over........

Found this while interwebbing, I know it's old and probably been discussed in great detail in many threads, and if I could be asked to look, it probably would save me having to type this... anyway if anyones interested..

http://www.dailymoti...-yes-to-le_news

That film was of Robert Plant with Alison Krauss at the Mercury Awards. You'll notice that he did not comment on this topic, "Make your mind up Robert! will he or wont he?" in that film, dailymotion.com/video/x6vnji_robert-plant-finally-says-yes-to-le_news, which was apparently something the media generated on its own.

I don't think his voice is shot at all. I think he is someone who looks for challenges and new adventures and isn't interested in rehashing the past.

I agree...but what about "In Through the Out Door," wasn't this to be a transitional event in their history? It covers virtually every musical influence possible offering a wide array of future material and direction. Hard --Classic Rock-- was already under assault and wavering in the mainstream. This musical release set the tone for the future while preparing the loyal Zep fans for what lie ahead. I remember when this album first came out...most of my friends said "what is this?"...even I did not fully embrace it until I removed the "blinders" and focused on the music. In the end...it was pure geniuous that never got a chance to be played out to it's full potential.

I agree...but what about "In Through the Out Door," wasn't this to be a transitional event in their history? It covers virtually every musical influence possible offering a wide array of future material and direction. Hard --Classic Rock-- was already under assault and wavering in the mainstream. This musical release set the tone for the future while preparing the loyal Zep fans for what lie ahead. I remember when this album first came out...most of my friends said "what is this?"...even I did not fully embrace it until I removed the "blinders" and focused on the music. In the end...it was pure geniuous that never got a chance to be played out to it's full potential.

I agree that In Through the Out Door was certainly a shift in Zep's musical direction but it ended the day Bonzo died. Robert has kept that spirit alive through the years of not doing the same things but he does that with other musicians now.

I agree that In Through the Out Door was certainly a shift in Zep's musical direction but it ended the day Bonzo died. Robert has kept that spirit alive through the years of not doing the same things but he does that with other musicians now.

Agreed...I believe the shift was impossible to complete without Bonzo and the lost sense of direction that resulted.

Agreed...I believe the shift was impossible to complete without Bonzo and the lost sense of direction that resulted.

im commenting on the o2 show...hence the reason there is no official dvd or audio realease? it sounds terrible? it was a bad mistake to tune the instruments down 1whole step too accommodate Roberts voice. hence: no official realease..(unless jimmy tweaks the audio it will never see the shelvs) please comment.....

im commenting on the o2 show...hence the reason there is no official dvd or audio realease? it sounds terrible? it was a bad mistake to tune the instruments down 1whole step too accommodate Roberts voice. hence: no official realease..(unless jimmy tweaks the audio it will never see the shelvs) please comment.....

*returns from dead long enough to note that this thread is totally surreal, as no post seems to have anything to do with the one before*

maybe the admins can remove this thread, save me getting grief for it slapface.gif

No grief intended. I thought perhaps he had made some vague or vacillating remarks to the press in response to Jimmy's recent comments. This turned out to be just a rehash of old news that will be used as further excuse for

some to once again start kicking sleeping dogs and beating dead horses.

No grief intended. I thought perhaps he had made some vague or vacillating remarks to the press in response to Jimmy's recent comments. This turned out to be just a rehash of old news that will be used as further excuse for

some to once again start kicking sleeping dogs and beating dead horses.

:slapface:

I'll check the threads next time, meanwhile I shall return to my flogging of the Equines and the punting of the napping canines

:wall:

Archived