Yardbirds posters

give the page a minute to load, I can see them all fine!

I have reloaded several times and given them enough time to load, no luck.

But I can see them if I copy the links and paste them into a new tab.

I have reloaded several times and given them enough time to load, no luck.

But I can see them if I copy the links and paste them into a new tab.

Oh, i have tried to view pages before and had the same thing pop up, what i did was refreshed the page like you did and they appeared, if anyone else cant see them i'll image post them as i just copied straight from the page, but they come up fine on my screen which is strange, it might have something to do with your browser, I always use firefox, if you use IE for example, it sometimes doesnt bring up the images, thats why i switched to Mozilla

Oh, i have tried to view pages before and had the same thing pop up, what i did was refreshed the page like you did and they appeared, if anyone else cant see them i'll image post them as i just copied straight from the page, but they come up fine on my screen which is strange, it might have something to do with your browser, I always use firefox, if you use IE for example, it sometimes doesnt bring up the images, thats why i switched to Mozilla

I use firefox as well, and the newest version. I'm not really sure, but you might be able to see the pics because of the caches. Hmmm, would anyone else be so nice and tell us...?

I use firefox as well, and the newest version. I'm not really sure, but you might be able to see the pics because of the caches. Hmmm, would anyone else be so nice and tell us...?

I'll image post this one, see if it comes up ok, it must be my side that can only see it I guess

37dd5100.jpg

I can't for the life of me find the pics again, as they have disappeared from my view too, oh well ill put some more stuff up instead

Originally published in NME, 9 July 1965The Yardbirds were in no mood for pulling punches when I called on them in their dressing room at the Ready, Steady, Go!studios in Wembley Park. Keith Relf expressed the desire that theyshould be "the first group to tell the truth" and that he was tired of"watered down interviews which said nothing."

Ready, Steady, Go! itself has been the subject of a great deal of controversy recently. What do you think of the show?

Chris Dreja: The show is cutting its own throat. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Keith Relf: Let's be honest—the whole show is inshambles. You've got one guy running around the studio flapping hisarms and shouting and no control.

The best of the pop shows is Top of the Pops, where everyone is very friendly and they make it a happy show. The best sound is produced by Discs-A-Go-Go. Their sound engineer is the finest in the country in my opinion.

Sam Smith: The greatest criticism would be thatthey are unable to produce as good a sound as on the record itself. Ithas too many difficulties.

Jeff Beck: I don't see the show can do anythingmore than it is. I think a great deal of the appeal lies in the factthe people will watch just to see if you make mistakes "live."

What I would like to see is a show that would spotlight one groupfor half an hour and vary the numbers. Let us show what we really cando, not just give us time to play our latest disc.

Jim Page: It's sick.

Do you feel that the criticism of Cathy McGowan and Patrick Kerr is justified?

Keith: They ask for it and they've got to take theknocks. The kids will follow anyone for a while, but once they aresuccessful they often want a change.

Sam: It's not for us to say. I don't like to seethe girls rushing around trying to copy Cathy, because I preferoriginality, but it is part of Cathy's job to set trends and fashions.That's why she is there. She does it well.

A number of pop stars, including Jagger, Dave Berry, andPaul Jones, have opted for short hair, and the groups seem to be takingon new images. Are you doing the same?

Sam: As you can see I have just had my hair cutquite short! Mainly because I became tired of people pointing me out inbars and on buses as a member of a group. I don't want to stand out asa group member. I never grew my hair long intentionally. I just didn'thave it cut, if you see what I mean.

Keith: My hair is long simply because it doesn't suit me short. I've always worn it this length, even before I joined the group.

Chris: We don't want a contrived image. If there is one it will appear naturally.

When you played with the Beatles in Paris recently, were you able to talk to them personally?

Keith: Not really. They’re so well protected it isn’t true. Ten minutes before they were due on stage they were nowhere pg_014-large.jpgaround and suddenly they were there. Five minutes after their act they had disappeared just as quickly.

My father, who is our road manager, was knocked out when Paulremembered his name and said, “Hello.” That’s the nice thing about him,he remembers everyone.

Lennon approached me and asked for a harmonica so they could play“Baby’s In Black”, but I didn’t have one. He also wanted some maracasand I didn’t have those either.

How far do you think we can go before the machine takes overfrom the musician. For example, haven’t the Who gone too far withelectronic sounds rather than music?

Keith: The Who are creating with sounds just as surely as an artist with brush strokes. What is more important they are original.

I’ve just been listening to a symphony on the third programme wherethey used effects from steel sheets, slabs of marble, and 15 speakers.It was wonderful.

I also believe that the Who have been inspired by us. We were alwaysseeing them in our audience at one time either at the Marquee or theCrawdaddy.

Jim: The Who and ourselves are the only groupsdoing anything new. I think that’s far better than reviving these oldnumbers like Peter and Gordon have. We all dislike that type of song.

Sam: I would say that Bacharach’s experiments with melody have been more successful than the Who’s with sound.

Jeff: I was experimenting with echo effects andfeedback years ago. Now it’s become the thing. The Who’s effects aredrawing the crowds. I think they incorporate their own sound with someof the Beach Boys’ style, and they are very good.

How important is it to have a No. 1 record these days?

Chris: A reputation is far more important.

Keith: So many unknowns make it, does it matter?

Jim: It no longer takes the vast number of sales tomake the top so it is not so important. I think the fact that an artistlike Dusty, who has never had a No. 1 disc and could top any show,speaks for itself.

Archived