Jimmy Page's 66th Birthday: Our Tribute to the Man

Happy Birthday Jimmy! I don't even have the words to express properly what your music means to me. Instead I'm going to listen to the music you have made throughout your whole career today & for that matter the rest of my life.

Dear Jimmy,

Best wishes for a very happy birthday! Have a fabulous birthday weekend with your family and friends.

Although my tenure was very brief, I loved the Led Zeppelin concert years. I don't dwell there and it certainly doesn't define who I am…but it is fun to occasionally visit. Describing it now is like trying to describe a dream. Those experiences (even being jettisoned!) made me realize that it is possible to live one's dreams. When I watch Led Zeppelin concert footage, it instantly triggers the ultimate rock joy mixed with a tinge of melancholy, something to do with lost innocence and the sweet, lovely memories of actually having it once.

My husband and I have lived and worked in remote corners of the globe and, in so many places we have heard, unexpectedly, the music you created: in a kraal outside Ogongo ("Stairway to Heaven"), at a hamlet near Kargil ("Kashmir" in Kashmir), in a private home in Nouadhibou (Presence, in its entirety)… Thank you for the gift of your brilliant music and the fantastic work you do for Led Zeppelin's beautiful and historical legacy.

Wishing you abundant happiness, good health, and much love, today and always.

May God bless you forever, Jimmy.

Fondly,

MSG

[/siz

HAVE AN EXCEPTIONAL DAY JIMMY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST TALLENTED AND CREATIVE MUSICIAN....SONGWRITER, PRODUCER, GUITARIST (incredible I might add). AND ALL THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE WORLD WITH YOUR GOD

GIVEN TALENT. THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC AND INSPIRATON.

KEEP ROCKIN'!! :thanku:

Happy birthday Jimmy & best wishes to you for a fantastic 2010! I am really looking forward to hearing new music this year, and hopefully even seeing it live :D

Thanks to you and Led Zeppelin for being an integral part of my teenage years - your music was the soundtrack to my life back in those days, and in some aspects it still is. Seeing Zeppelin in concert still ranks as number one in my book, and it is one concert I will never forget (especially since we were all standing on the arms of our seats for most of the time :lol:)

Always & forever a "Pagette" :wub::wub:

:birthday::yourock:

I have nothing but my love, utmost appreciation, and reverence for Jimmy to contribute to this thread. His innovative creativity opened my mind to new possibilities.. not just musically but in almost every realm of my life. It's painful for me to admit this but I truly did not have much enthusiasm or passion for anything up until a few years ago. I was in a dark place, just going through life-- sleep, eat, sleep, eat-- and I didn't realize I was missing out on SO MUCH beauty in the world. Listening to Jimmy play, watching him expel his emotions through his music, learning about his ups and downs and seeing that beautiful beautiful smile of his renewed my outlook on life. He's a beautiful person and he has a lovely spirit and for that I am eternally grateful to him. I have learned to explore music, to appreciate it almost obsessively, and to extend my love for beauty in music to loving the beauty of this world. He turned my black and white silent movie of a life into a colorful film with the most beautiful soundtrack I could ask for. Happy 66th birthday, Jimmy... I appreciate and love you more than you can imagine.

Archived