Glenn Hughes - Jason Bonham - ?

Conneyfogle

Supa groupastarts tomorrow.. Been writing all week. I am very excited to see abunch of friends and crank up the super bass plexi. 5:10 AM Jan 2nd from web

from Joe Bonamassa's twitter page

Black Country

"I'm like the one up there representing the Bonham family. that's kind of how I should look at it," Jason Bonham told Spinner backstage at L.A.'s Wiltern, where he would later honor his iconic father, John Bonham,as part of Guitar Center's Drum-Off last weekend. The event is acompetition for aspiring stickmen and showcases some of the world'sgreatest drummers, including Tommy Lee, Tool's Danny Carey and Billy Cobham, among others.

There's no question, Led Zeppelinis part of his family and legacy, an inheritance he proved worthy ofwhen he so successfully filled in for his father at the band's O2reunion show in December of 2007. But he says, breaking the hearts ofmillions of fans, that part of his life is indeed over. "As far as thebig question, the big one, I think that one's come and gone now. But itwas a lot of fun while it lasted," he says, echoing Jimmy Page's sentiments in recent interviews that the Zep reunion is not going to happen.

And like his bandmates that night, Bonham is moving on to new music. "Ijust literally went into the studio last week for two days with oneperson I'd done an album with before, very quickly, and then the otherwas a friend of my father's I got to meet later on, Joe Bonamassa andGlenn Hughes, and we're working on a new project with a working titleof Black Country," Bonham says. "We just went in with [producer] KevinShirley and played riffs and just jammed for two days. And that'sreally exciting."

Bonham says the new group, which takes itsname from the industrial area in England that he and Hughes -- bestknown for his work with both Deep Purple and Black Sabbath)come from -- is in fact a band. "We're actually recording an album,literally in that process of jamming it out and editing and puttingtogether and going, 'Yeah, that's really cool,'" he says. " Joe justwanted to play guitar so with Glenn on bass and vocals, it's a powertrio."

I am really delighted for Jason. Finally something to get his teeth into. New band, new music...collaborating with 2 superb musicians. Fantastic! I was beginning to think he would spend the rest of his days backing Slash and playing Whole Lotta Love. I cannot wait to hear what they have to offer :)

If they did need a singer, I know one who is from that area. (just kidding).

Glad to hear that Jason is working with Glenn and Joe.

R:)

Both Jason and Glenn are good singers, I do hope we get to hear their vocal talents on this project :)

I am really delighted for Jason. Finally something to get his teeth into. New band, new music...collaborating with 2 superb musicians. Fantastic! I was beginning to think he would spend the rest of his days backing Slash and playing Whole Lotta Love. I cannot wait to hear what they have to offer :)

My thoughts exactly. :yesnod:

I thought we needed a thread for the new Supergroup, just got this off Glenns twitter page

And the rumours keep spreadin' about our Band... Songs:Music comes first..Haven't been this excited since Joinin' Purple..GH about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

http://www.glennhughes.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1446

19132_287907223501_837223501_4755529_4079049_n.jpg

Hi ConneyFogle. I'm interested in the image at the top of the thread, the one that says BHP and appears to have Jimmy Page playing guitar. Is he involved? *edit* oh...nevermind. Guess we'll have to wait for Page. He's never early.

Hi ConneyFogle. I'm interested in the image at the top of the thread, the one that says BHP and appears to have Jimmy Page playing guitar. Is he involved? *edit* oh...nevermind. Guess we'll have to wait for Page. He's never early.

I was just messin' about waiting for the band to be announced, alas it's Joe not Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible, Bonamassa is the guitar god of the moment, Glens Bass and vocals in Purple were great, funky and of course our Jason on drums..this is as exciting as TCV and I was bloody excited about them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Found this at classicrockmagazine.com

Black Country Communion are to release their debut album on September 20.Titled Black Country (the band’s original choice of name), it will be on the Mascot label, and has the following track listing:

Black Country

One Last Soul

The Great Divide

Down Again

Beggarman

Song Of Yesterday

No Time

Medusa (a cover of the Trapeze classic)

The Revolution In Me

Stand (At The Burning Tree)

Sista Jane

Too Late For The Sun

The band features Glenn Hughes (vocals/bass), Joe Bonamassa (guitar/vocals), Derel Sherinian (keyboards) and Jason Bonham (drums).

Find out more at www.bccommunion.com

Archived