Rare tunes from 95/96 Page/Plant tour

PhxHorn

I've been checking out some of the audio and video floating around from the 96/96 tour, and have enjoyed some of the rarer tunes, such as Ten Years Gone, Tea For One, Dancing Days, etc. I realize Ed Shearmur must have done all the orchestrations for the locally-hired string ensembles, but I'm wondering if those tunes were something he had to throw together on the spur of the moment for the Japan shows, or if he had all the string stuff put together at the beginning of the tour. In which case the sheet music for the above tunes would have sat there unused for months before it was actually played.

It's doubtful he could have thrown together a chart Tea For One on a day's notice, but who knows. It also seems like it would have been disappointing to do a chart and only have it played once or twice. Or were those tunes played multiple times earlier in the tour? Did they ever use brass other than on the MTV shows? Seems like, again, it would have been disappointing to write all that music for brass and only have it played for the two shows they filmed. Anyone know the whereabouts of the charts now? In Shearmur's possession?

Hmmm... at the moment I can only recall Dancing Days being played in New Orleans in 1995.

some more times Dancing Days has been performed

Osaka Japan, Landover and here at Poole which I was right at the front, ahhhh the memories

Edited by Conneyfogle

Osaka Japan, Landover and here at Poole which I was right at the front, ahhhh the memories

Was also played in Vancouver and Toronto in 95

I witnessed Dancing Days in New Jersey on the first leg of their American tour.

The one I'd like to hear/see from Japan is The Rain Song. That is my favorite song on the Unledded DVD and for the life of me I couldn't understand why they wouldn't want to do it with an orchestra. I was very jealous when I heard they'd done it in Japan!

I witnessed Dancing Days in New Jersey on the first leg of their American tour.

The one I'd like to hear/see from Japan is The Rain Song. That is my favorite song on the Unledded DVD and for the life of me I couldn't understand why they wouldn't want to do it with an orchestra. I was very jealous when I heard they'd done it in Japan!

It's a beautiful version of the song indeed.

I really wish an official retrospective CD release of the Page & Plant tours would come out. They really did some great interesting stuff during that period that went beyond the "Unledded" album. I think that would be something that both parties would support.

I really wish an official retrospective CD release of the Page & Plant tours would come out. They really did some great interesting stuff during that period that went beyond the "Unledded" album. I think that would be something that both parties would support.

Great idea :)

My wish list for P&P includes a cd/dvd set with best of audio and a full length concert with bonus (rehearsals, etc..)

R:)

Got a prezzie for ya

• 3 weeks later...

We were at the front on the rt hanside at the Poole show :)

We were at the front on the rt hanside at the Poole show :)

Really!? I was about 2 people back from the front on the right! I was whistling and shouting a bit, sorry about that, I got quite excited especially as i was surrounded by scantily clad groupies, I went with my ex housemate, who wasn't really into the band and had only heard them through me (I had a ticket going as my ex pulled out last minute) he said after "that bloke's got a good voice int he"

Spent the night under newspaper outside the swimming pool. one of the best nights of my life..

Heres the whole concert

double click for playlist

Do you remember that geezer who was taking photos right at the front? telling the bouncers to get out the way! (which they did) he must have some good shots, ive never seen any pics

Edited by Conneyfogle

• 2 years later...

The together again series is quite good