The new supergroup: BLACK COUNTRY

vkvv

It's Official: New Band BLACK COUNTRY To Feature Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Joe Bonamassa

Drummer Jason Bonham has revealed to Spinner,that he's working on a new project called BLACK COUNTRY with legendarybassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) andguitarist Joe Bonamassa.

"I just literally went into the studio last week for two days withone person I'd done an album with before, very quickly, and then theother was a friend of my father's I got to meet later on, Joe Bonamassaand Glenn Hughes, and we're working on a new project with a workingtitle of Black Country," Bonham says. "We just went in with [producer]Kevin Shirley (LED ZEPPELIN, IRON MAIDEN) and played riffs and justjammed for two days. And that's really exciting.

Bonham says the new group, which takes its name from the industrialarea in England that he and Hughes come from - is in fact a band."We're actually recording an album, literally in that process ofjamming it out and editing and putting together and going, 'Yeah,that's really cool,'" he says. "Joe just wanted to play guitar so withGlenn on bass and vocals, it's a power trio.""

My linkhttp://www.bravewords.com/news/130145

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest I don't know any of these guys work in other bands or solo and I only recognize John Bonham (obviously) and have heard of Joe Bonamassa, but from what I see and read I'm anxious to listen to their music, it seems like something I might like hopefully ... a lot.

Actually I think I need to check some videos on youtube. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw their public debut last night. Joe Bonamassa played at the Riverside Municipal Auditorium, and when he came back for the encore, he said the rumors are true that he's joined a new band, and then Jason Bonham, Glenn Hughes, and a keyboard player whose name I didn't catch came on stage. They played two songs and I can't remember the name of the first one but the second one was Mistreated. They were good and I would like to hear them play a full length set.

she negotiated quite a few of those high notes, didn't she?..the ones on the record! Ha. take that, 2007.  kidding kidding.. anyway, Jason was swingin. I was totally with it until the very end, where I was not with emphasizing the "ooh yeah" on the cymbal.. it's a little Vegas. Nice swing though.  I'm getting kind of hungry to see him improv.

I saw their public debut last night. Joe Bonamassa played at the Riverside Municipal Auditorium, and when he came back for the encore, he said the rumors are true that he's joined a new band, and then Jason Bonham, Glenn Hughes, and a keyboard player whose name I didn't catch came on stage. They played two songs and I can't remember the name of the first one but the second one was Mistreated. They were good and I would like to hear them play a full length set.

Excellent, thanks for the report! I'm sure the keyboard player was Derek Sherinian, as has been reported as the 4th member of the band. Look forward to seeing them play soon.

Thanks for the info about them performing last night. :)

Is "Mistreated" the Deep Purple song (or a new one from them with the same title)?

R B)

It sounded like the Deep Purple song. I don't have the setlist with me and I can't remember what the title of the first song was. I'll look at it again later.

Excellent, thanks for the report! I'm sure the keyboard player was Derek Sherinian, as has been reported as the 4th member of the band. Look forward to seeing them play soon.

His last name sounded like "Sherinian" so that must be right.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info about them performing last night. :)

Is "Mistreated" the Deep Purple song (or a new one from them with the same title)?

R B)

Awesome song :thumbsup:

Deep purple-Mistreated 1974 California Jam

Black Country - Mistreated HD- Joe Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Derek Sherinian

3/17/10 Riverside California

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news from the Black Country camp. This just posted to Kev the Caveman's Facebook page.

"Black Country looks to have imploded, with a completed album in the can! We set out as friends and lovers of music, to make something special. Then the managers got involved... and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding EVERYTHING! I can't absolve all the musicians - but one I can completely absolve, is the one who actually has a career and has just been voted Best Guitarist in the World - who was 100% open ALL the way. And he doesn't ride on anyone's coattails... see below. Maybe they'll come to their senses.... I'm not holding my breath."

Gotta believe those negative comments are directed at Bonham Jr. and/or Hughes. Wow.

Love,

Billy

Bad news from the Black Country camp. This just posted to Kev the Caveman's Facebook page.

"Black Country looks to have imploded, with a completed album in the can! We set out as friends and lovers of music, to make something special. Then the managers got involved... and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding EVERYTHING! I can't absolve all the musicians - but one I can completely absolve, is the one who actually has a career and has just been voted Best Guitarist in the World - who was 100% open ALL the way. And he doesn't ride on anyone's coattails... see below. Maybe they'll come to their senses.... I'm not holding my breath."

Gotta believe those negative comments are directed at Bonham Jr. and/or Hughes. Wow.

Love,

Billy

This is disappointing news ! I was very much looking forward to this and unlike some of these kinds of projects, I thought that it would be a good fit for everyone.

Archived