Simon Cowell Swansong on American Idol

jabe

Having watched a few minutes of American Idol on Tuesday, I realize there will be some big boots to fill next season from Cowell's departure.

Nominations are now open, and I do hope FOX pays attention to the intelligentsia that permeates this forum. Consider no nomination off limits.

Chef Gordon Ramsay. Need I say more?

Good. Simon Cowell annoys the hell out of me. In my opinion, they should just cancel American Idol all together, it's a terrible show that produces pop-stars who put out one measly single, and then are never heard from again.

Yeh -after all, why should you just watch another channel when the millions of people who enjoy the show could be the ones finding something else to watch?

Good. Simon Cowell annoys the hell out of me. In my opinion, they should just cancel American Idol all together, it's a terrible show that produces pop-stars who put out one measly single, and then are never heard from again.

At least he tells delusional no hopers straight...that they're rubbish. Anyway, you're not getting rid of him that easily, he's quitting Idol to concentrate on the American version of The X-Factor. :)

I think they should cancel it too, although we're unfortunately sucked in. Simon will be hosting another show and I've read is trying to get Paula on board.

I do think it will be interesting to see how the show goes with Ellen DeGeneres this season.

Having watched a few minutes of American Idol on Tuesday, I realize there will be some big boots to fill next season from Cowell's departure.

Nominations are now open, and I do hope FOX pays attention to the intelligentsia that permeates this forum. Consider no nomination off limits.

Chef Gordon Ramsay. Need I say more?

Lol the same person that popped into my mind :D

or maybe Denis Leary ? He could put a humorus twist on

"YOU SUCK!" :lol:

or how about Robert DeNiro? You talkin' to me? Get the f#%k outa heya!

No one should replace him, they should cancel it. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only winners I think, who have had any significant mainstream success. Daughtry has been doing quite well, but he didn't win. Jennifer Hudson didn't win either, and she got an Oscar. That's what.....4 people?

The show jumped the shark. It's over.

For some reason Christopher Walken keeps coming to mind for me as a replacement. Not sure exactly why. Maybe cuz her could surely tell it like it is , probably in a scary entertainment sort of way :o . He does like to sing and dance. He was quite good on the video he had out awhile back.

Simon is the only one who really knows how the music business works on that show. Aside from his rudeness, he's usually right. But, i agree with others that the show should be ended. It's useless and the funny people who go on there to make fools of themselves for a few minutes of fame are a disgrace to the serious artists who struggle for years to get a fraction of that exposure. American Idle and all shows like it should be swept up and put in the rubbish bin.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q4royOLtvmQlaugh.gif

For some reason Christopher Walken keeps coming to mind for me as a replacement. Not sure exactly why. Maybe cuz her could surely tell it like it is , probably in a scary entertainment sort of way ohmy.gif . He does like to sing and dance. He was quite good on the video he had out awhile back.

Why would a chef even be considered for a programme on singing auditions?

Completely agree. Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay may both be abrupt and abrasive, but Simon couldn't front a cooking show and Ramsay has no qualifications for this. Simon Cowell is an expert on music whether you like it or not, Ramsay is a chef - why the hell should he take over?

Completely agree. Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay may both be abrupt and abrasive, but Simon couldn't front a cooking show and Ramsay has no qualifications for this. Simon Cowell is an expert on music whether you like it or not, Ramsay is a chef - why the hell should he take over?

I forgot how to spell facetious. Had to look it up.

Or how about Robert DeNiro? You talkin' to me? Get the f#%k outa heya!

Him and Joe Pesci. That reminds me of an early Pesci flick 'Family Enforcer' where Pesci and 2 of his friends were at a restaurant/bar and this guy was singing 'Beautiful Dreamer' on the piano and they were throwing peanuts at him. Hilarious and a good early mob movie. B)

Well said, Starbreaker.

Out of all the performances he's bashed, he managed to get along quite nicely with Adam Lamberts debotchery of WLL .

Simon is the only one who really knows how the music business works on that show. Aside from his rudeness, he's usually right. But, i agree with others that the show should be ended. It's useless and the funny people who go on there to make fools of themselves for a few minutes of fame are a disgrace to the serious artists who struggle for years to get a fraction of that exposure. American Idle and all shows like it should be swept up and put in the rubbish bin.

He will not be the first person, and probably will not be the last, to be rude during auditions.

Ramsay is a chef - why the hell should he take over?

Same with Degeneres. I'd say her pick was more political to please the Hollywood PC crowd. I think Cara is going to sit on the other side of Randy.

Why the hell didn't they pick someone like the Wilson sisters?

Janis Joplin would have made a good pick (posthumously).

B)

Archived