United Nations invents a brand-new to honor Jimmy Page!

zeppphead

I don't give a damn about anything or anyone. To me, the greatest and the only thing is that PAGEY has agreed to play and he'll be rocking the world on its axis this April 17!

He even deserves a Nobel prize for what he's done for Music and Popular Culture.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/aerosmith-confirm-china-show-but-wholl-sing/

Aerosmith Update: Now They’re Not Playing In China

mdome / News, Top Posts / 14/01/2010 14:47pm

Just a couple of hours ago, it appeared that Aerosmith had been confirmed by the promoters for the Show Of Peace Festival in Beijing on April 17.

But in the way these things change, this has now been refuted by Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry.

Perry says the confusion has come about because he is playing the event, which celebrates Earth Day and happens at the Bird’s Nest Stadium – the spectacular location where the closing ceremony for the 2008 Olympic Games was held.

Jimmy Page’s name was also claimed to be on the Show Of Peace bill.

However, Classic Rock understands the Led Zeppelin guitarist will not be appearing. (Not on his own, and certainly not with Leona Lewis, with whom he played on top of a London bus during the aforementioned 2008 closing ceremony, promoting the 2012 Olympics in London.)

Just how all of this wrong info got out in the first place remains a mystery.

Well, he certainly gave the impression he was going to be playing. :huh: Not on his own, certainly, and I don't see that there was ever any suggestion it would be with Leona Lewis, but if he's not appearing, what was the point of the press conference--where they kept asking him what he hoped would be achieved by the concert?

I don't think the thread itself is ridiculous, it was only me expressing some cynicism about the nature and the timing of this award--while also saying that Jimmy deserved it, even though there might be more obvious choices. And I still feel that way.

Well, Aqua, you have written a lot of great posts on here, which is why I wouldn't like to dwell on this too much, but when you say he deserves it and then say somebody else should have gotten it, all I see is a contradiction. And actually it wasn't just you on that first page of the thread. I thought it wasn't a good discussion at all. Of course we all have our opinions, but I hope the next time a member of Led Zeppelin receives an honor we feel he deserves, the discussion will not be about how somebody else should really have gotten it.

Well, Aqua, you have written a lot of great posts on here, which is why I wouldn't like to dwell on this too much, but when you say he deserves it and then say somebody else should have gotten it, all I see is a contradiction. And actually it wasn't just you on that first page of the thread. I thought it wasn't a good discussion at all. Of course we all have our opinions, but I hope the next time a member of Led Zeppelin receives an honor we feel he deserves, the discussion will not be about how somebody else should really have gotten it.

OK, well to clarify about the appropriateness of giving it to Jimmy: what I was trying to say was that if you interpret the reasons for the award broadly, as music being a positive force for peace that brings people together, then yes, Jimmy more than deserves it. However, if you interpret it more narrowly, as going to people who have actively and specifically worked for peace, then there are much more obvious candidates (Bono and co.), as Jimmy's "causes" have been different (child poverty in Brazil, for instance). As the purpose of the award wasn't really spelled out, my feeling is that he certainly deserves it if it's for the former reason, less so if for the second.

I don't give a damn about anything or anyone. To me, the greatest and the only thing is that PAGEY has agreed to play and he'll be rocking the world on its axis this April 17!

He even deserves a Nobel prize for what he's done for Music and Popular Culture.

...Page is Truly Deserving of this Honor, and Most Certainly a Top candidate for Nobel Peace Prize...Both Page and Plant are incredibly tolerant musicians...I know that, my heart knows that...Both have very exceptional "Understanding and Appreciation" of Cultures....

Congratulations, Pagey!

Quite an accomplishment, considering you and LZ always stayed out of politics.

Peace is always a good thing and I totally agree to the power of music and its positive effect.

I don't believe that Pagey learned of his latest accolade just minutes after confirming reports he'd be among the headliners considering he had a written speech for accepting the award.

Brings a teardrop to the eye.

Possible JP jam with Aerosmith or Joe Perry something ??

It has been done before and we know they enjoy being together.

Just saying.

I hope this is televised.

All in all JP getting awards and becoming more stage bound is good news.

Amen

Archived