Pink Floyd's "best song"?

sailor86

Echoes is their most important song. Without it, there wouldn't have been Dark Side of the Moon.

As for them live, they were very hit and miss before 1977. I said this in some thread some time ago, once they brought in supporting musicians for live shows, they sounded much better. Unfortunately, that didn't really happen until Pink Floyd had crumbled.

Echoes is their most important song. Without it, there wouldn't have been Dark Side of the Moon.

As for them live, they were very hit and miss before 1977. I said this in some thread some time ago, once they brought in supporting musicians for live shows, they sounded much better. Unfortunately, that didn't really happen until Pink Floyd had crumbled.

This is not true. I have more boots pre-77 than I do post-77 and a lot of the shows they did before Animals were absolutely effing phenomenal. Every single boot I have from the Wish You Were Here tour in 1975 is spectacular, not just in sound quality, but in the quality of the performance. Maybe you listened to some crap recordings.

Hard to pick a definitive song, but my favourite live song is One Of These Days. It was mindblowing when they did at Earl's Court when I saw them B)

I didn't know you got to see them live!!! How awesome :D Great song too! I don't think I could pick a "best" song from them.

Hard to pick a definitive song, but my favourite live song is One Of These Days. It was mindblowing when they did at Earl's Court when I saw them B)

Agreed. I love that whole album.

"Careful With That Axe, Eugene" is totally wicked live too.

Roger Waters screams could wake the dead :D

This is what I've been listening to a lot lately...

My link

From Obscured by Clouds, imo their most underrated album.

Good pick!! To be honest, I have very selective likes from Floyd. I find some of their stuff pretty boring, but there's a few gems in there. moontourist102008009.jpgmower.jpg

Archived